PDA

View Full Version : full clean muscle memory

ams44
12-06-2006, 08:12 PM
I was just curious to know if this applys to cleans? I havent been cleaning and i am curious to know if i will regain my strength back quickly.

deeder
12-06-2006, 09:13 PM
I was just curious to know if this applys to cleans? I havent been cleaning and i am curious to know if i will regina my strength back quickly.

Ummm... I guess it might to some degree? I'm not sure I'm a believer of muscle memory though.

Also, I live in Regina. How exactly do you regina back something? Is that some sort of derogatory term towards myself and my fellow Reginians?

1mmort4l
12-06-2006, 11:49 PM
Ummm... I guess it might to some degree? I'm not sure I'm a believer of muscle memory though.

Also, I live in Regina. How exactly do you regina back something? Is that some sort of derogatory term towards myself and my fellow Reginians?

I lol'd!!! :thumbup:

nhlfan
12-07-2006, 01:04 AM

:zipit:

arnoldsclone
12-07-2006, 11:28 AM

lol, but muscle memory is definitely real imho, my gains are soaring at the moment after 6 months off!

Ruffian
12-07-2006, 01:17 PM
It is real, but it isnt within the muscle itself, rather within the brain and the paths it creates in order to allow you to do the movement. The brain will very quickly recall the form and that will enable you to pikc up the form faster, and therefore gain quicker. This has been addressed several times though.

zen
12-07-2006, 01:39 PM
I absolutely believe in "muscle memory". I mean, the phenomenon is genuine, even if the reasons are based on neural or musclular, I dunno, but after a layoff of four months, I got back up to my old strength levels (that took me years to get to the first time) in several months.

12-07-2006, 01:42 PM
yea even tho cleans are an olympic lift there is no reason you body will react any differently

arnoldsclone
12-07-2006, 03:13 PM
I absolutely believe in "muscle memory". I mean, the phenomenon is genuine, even if the reasons are based on neural or musclular, I dunno, but after a layoff of four months, I got back up to my old strength levels (that took me years to get to the first time) in several months.

amen my brother!

Adam
12-07-2006, 03:54 PM
Something that I noticed is that the more complex the movement the quicker you lose strength compared to say isolation lifts. My guess is that some muscles lose the strength quicker then others and this causes muscle imbalances and the muscles aren't all in sync when trying to do the movement.

Sleepy Guy
12-08-2006, 01:57 AM
Something that I noticed is that the more complex the movement the quicker you lose strength compared to say isolation lifts.

I do not agree with this one. You may loose rhythm or conditioning but the strength stays allot long in my experiences.

I loose conditioning very fast be the strength remains for weeks doing Olympic or compound movements.

Guido
12-08-2006, 11:03 AM
yea even tho cleans are an olympic lift there is no reason you body will react any differentlyExactly...as long as your form is the same.

Bigmonster777
12-18-2006, 04:44 AM
I believe in muscle memory, that's the beautiful thing about weightlifting, you can lose it all, and then later you can gain it all back