PDA

View Full Version : Check out my buddy... and he has a twin.

Fuzzy
12-07-2006, 03:11 AM
Aite, this is one of my lifting muddies Ben, (hes got a twin, Tim)

SOme pics of Ben.

Bens 14, bout 120lbs... pretty ripped. His brother is exactly the same... some difference in pecs and arms etc...

Not big on mass, but he is insanely strong.

135lbs x 8 bench @ 120lbs

Unfortuantely, Ive been trying to get him to ditch his billion sets of curls and do some deads and squats... I finally convinced the both of them to start BB and DB rowing, rather that so many damn concentration excersises and machines....

Also, they have an obsession with going to failure, then assisting eachother to push out another 3 reps, EVERY SET.

Its crazy.

Theyll usually bench, preacher curl, skull crush, millie press... and then drop set dumbells till they cant move their arms.

Typical panzy leg workout, extension, curl, leg press.... blah!

They are both incredibly fit and fast... but they are not eating enough... they refuse to go on to the net sites and research, and they refuse to stop the failure, they wont go under 8 reps cause of all the stunt BS...

What can you do, they will eventually learn.

Though I figure theyr more likely to stay short from not eating!

Without further ado... heeeeeere BEN

HammDoggy
12-07-2006, 03:38 AM
He needs a good meal

Stumprrp
12-07-2006, 04:48 AM
He needs a good meal

thats what i thought haha

your friends looks super lean and ripped. show him how to bulk up nice!

SaVvY
12-07-2006, 05:35 AM
He needs a good meal
yes, like a cow..or 2

peacefrog
12-07-2006, 05:39 AM
Quite ripped. Needs to work on lengthening the biceps a bit.

bill
12-07-2006, 06:54 AM
Quite ripped. Needs to work on lengthening the biceps a bit.

In my best Ronnie Yelp BOY!!!!:scratch:

WBBIRL
12-07-2006, 07:45 AM
Tell them to gain 100 pounds each

Tofer
12-07-2006, 08:07 AM
I mean, he's doing okay with the weight he's got, but in my opinion he looks GROSSLY skinny. It's especially noticeable in that last pic.

bill
12-07-2006, 08:28 AM
He is fine @ only 14. He hasn't time to make any major changes its just genetics. I would of liked to have been that muscular to start.
Fuzzy just ask them to train your way for a month or two as experiment. Then they can make a decision

JDiesel
12-07-2006, 08:38 AM
IMHO, definatley looks like every other lean ass kid out there who plays sports and was genetically blessed with being lean and muscular...most of them barley work out, It use to piss me off, If he wants to really stand out at 14 and look like someone whos weight training tell him to put on 40-60lbs and keep Lifting and he will be huge

sharkall2003
12-07-2006, 08:39 AM
Looks like he's in very good condition. Everyone says he's skinny, but I think he's just lean. Yeah, he might not be "built" with a lot of muscle, but he does have a nice physique. I give the youngster a lot of credit. Have him keep up whatever he is doing. It seems to be working. Obviously his goals are not the same as many on this site, so there is to be such criticism.

Edit: Everyone trains for different reasons. Usually when I am lifting I am very, very close to failure on every set. And if I don't, then I add weight to fail the next set. There is nothing wrong with that. Train to failure while you are young. I might be a little different in opinion now, though. I miss being very lean and not so bulky. I like being big, but I have some problems with it.

WBBIRL
12-07-2006, 09:18 AM
I'm guessing this kid must be very short or have a naturally small frame, I have a 170 pound brother who's 5'5 and looks like he's skin and bones. This is kid is either under 5 ft tall or I'm missing something.

50 pounds would make his physique a lot "better" in my opinion.

You can be big and lean at the same time, its hard to attain though.

Guido
12-07-2006, 10:03 AM
That kid's about how I used to look before I found this site. Very lean, but not very big. I wouldn't call him "insanely strong", though. Even for his size 135x8 is not that impressive. I know a couple guys who weigh approximately 130 lbs and they are benching over 240 lbs.

Feed that kid and get him on a real routine and he can be a monster. I think it's good you're trying to enlighten him, Fuzzy.

galileo
12-07-2006, 10:05 AM
Looks like he's in very good condition. Everyone says he's skinny, but I think he's just lean. Yeah, he might not be "built" with a lot of muscle, but he does have a nice physique. I give the youngster a lot of credit. Have him keep up whatever he is doing. It seems to be working. Obviously his goals are not the same as many on this site, so there is to be such criticism.

At 120lbs, almost every male is lean. Not much you can add onto a frame and organs with that much bodyweight.

Daone
12-07-2006, 10:19 AM
geesh the guy is only 14 give him a break!

ddegroff
12-07-2006, 10:49 AM
cant you invite him over for your mom's cooking!

Hopefully they will listen to your guidence.

PoutineEh
12-07-2006, 05:19 PM
fuzzy, if you cant get them to eat and train properly, just keep doing what you are doing, and when your massive in 2 years and they are the exact same, then they will for sure listen.

Hockey66
12-07-2006, 06:08 PM
I'm guessing this kid must be very short or have a naturally small frame, I have a 170 pound brother who's 5'5 and looks like he's skin and bones. This is kid is either under 5 ft tall or I'm missing something.

50 pounds would make his physique a lot "better" in my opinion.

You can be big and lean at the same time, its hard to attain though.

Dude, 170 lbs. at 5'5 is pretty solid. KevinStarke is 160 lbs. and 5'4 and he's thick as hell.

Beast
12-07-2006, 06:41 PM
Dude, 170 lbs. at 5'5 is pretty solid. KevinStarke is 160 lbs. and 5'4 and he's thick as hell.
Yeah I agree... it all depends on what their bodyfat is. I've seen guys who are 5'8" looking awesome at a ripped 175lb.

Stumprrp
12-07-2006, 07:26 PM
170 5'5 is very very solid, haha, but id prefer to see 5'5 220 and massivly thick/fat/strongman style.

haha just kidding, not. :D

KeMiKaL
12-07-2006, 08:15 PM
yeah there's no way he's 5'5 and 170 and "skin and bones." I mean I'm almost 6'1 and about 170 and I'm definitely skin and bones haha

Fuzzy
12-07-2006, 09:32 PM
They are both naturall lean and fit... but you cant accuse him of not working.

Im slowly but surely getting them to see sense, Ive made a deal with them.

Next April, when I do a push for 20lbs... theyr gonna do it with me.

My style, my lifts, my program (Bill Starr) my eating.

Ive got them to get some buckets of whey, atleast it a start, and get them downing a few of those a days.

Its a bit difficult for them to get that much food. They have a large family.

So hopefully, when I complete my bulk next August, I should have gotten them to add some decent mass.

And you cant say that 135x8 @ 120 is not good, for 14!!!! Im doing 200x5... really, power to weight, they kick my ass.

Hockey66
12-08-2006, 01:55 AM
And you cant say that 135x8 @ 120 is not good, for 14!!!! Im doing 200x5... really, power to weight, they kick my ass.

Dude, how the hell do you max 308 if you're only doing 200x5? During my last bulk I was doing 225 x 8 and only hit 275 as a max.

Bob
12-08-2006, 05:48 AM
Why the heck is anyone worried about someone who not even a member of WBB? These "friends" are looking for advice... they like who they are.. heck with them.

Fuzzy, concentrate on yourself! Your friends are "unhealthy", like obese or anything. And at least they are active. Leave them alone.

Fuzzy, you have a lot of potential.. as you have posted on WBB. Keep up the hard work. If your "friends" like what you are doing, they will come ask.. then help them. But right now, concentrate on yourself. Don't carry the world's problems on your shoulders.. you'll only 14!!

Lift heavy, eat right, rest enough...

Fuzzy
12-08-2006, 06:35 AM
I do concentrate on myself lol, I was just wondering what everyone would think.

These guys are my training buddies, even if they are wrong, both of them can spot me when I need it, and are some of my bestfriends, I just wish I could work with them while deading and squatting.

I remember when I first started having them there was a big help, they were some of the few guys who didnt bully me, and were supportive of me, and a huge help during my initial weight loss.

I just feel they owe it to themselves to train right.

WBBIRL
12-08-2006, 07:43 AM
My brother looks like a weakling child compared to Kevin.

At 5'5 and 170 he's got little to zero definition and looks basically flat... weaksauce to boot. I try to get him to lift but he has no motivation to do so.

I wasn't trying to insult or put these friends of Fuzzy's down, but neither of them could be hurt by gaining 50 pounds.

Paul Stagg
12-08-2006, 10:55 AM
I deleted the photos. I think it's generally a bad idea for someone to post photos of a 14 year old on a website without his permission.

I'm also closing the thread.