PDA

View Full Version : Cutting

poplaya34
12-07-2006, 05:52 PM
I'm 17 years old 5' 11" 185 lbs. Not all muscle but mostly muscle, the only visible flaw are my love handles. I would classify myself as slightly overweight. I am currently bulking up and am just trying to find out if I am going about my diet right. My goal for calorie intake per day is 4,625 (25 x 185 lbs) and 277.5 g of protein (1.5 g x 185 lbs.). I do not always reach those goals although I try my best. Does it sound like I'm on the right track? Also, I don't plan on cutting for a couple more months but when I do, what should I change my diet plan to? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

arnoldsclone
12-07-2006, 06:14 PM
I'm 17 years old 5' 11" 185 lbs. Not all muscle but mostly muscle, the only visible flaw are my love handles. I would classify myself as slightly overweight. I am currently bulking up and am just trying to find out if I am going about my diet right. My goal for calorie intake per day is 4,625 (25 x 185 lbs) and 277.5 g of protein (1.5 g x 185 lbs.). I do not always reach those goals although I try my best. Does it sound like I'm on the right track? Also, I don't plan on cutting for a couple more months but when I do, what should I change my diet plan to? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

use the search button in the forum. you need to eat less than maintenence calories and lift heavy.....

VikingWarlord
12-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Another tidbit that isn't brought up as much as it should be. I'll set it off by itself.

CUTTING SUCKS.

It's a necessary evil, but it's still pretty evil. Thankfully it's worth it when you see the progress.

reloaded
12-08-2006, 10:46 AM
CUTTING SUCKS.
Haha, it's not actually that bad when your body gets used to the new calorie amount.

Just stick to the basics on a cut. I've been doing very well the last few weeks since I started.

1) Cut your maint. calories by around 20% (or what it takes to start losing weight on a weekly basis...about 1 to 1.5 lbs).

2) Eat at least 1 g protein per lbm, .5 g fat per lbm.

3) Lift HEAVY

RedSpikeyThing
12-08-2006, 10:58 AM

It sounds like you're on the right track, but the only to definitively answer that question is by telling us how much weight you're gaining ever week.

VikingWarlord
12-10-2006, 12:44 PM
Haha, it's not actually that bad when your body gets used to the new calorie amount.

It is if you're doing it for an extended period. You can adjust, but keeping it up for months on end without cheating too much gets really frustrating.

LivinItUp
12-10-2006, 02:56 PM

Just stick to the basics on a cut. I've been doing very well the last few weeks since I started.

1) Cut your maint. calories by around 20% (or what it takes to start losing weight on a weekly basis...about 1 to 1.5 lbs).

2) Eat at least 1 g protein per lbm, .5 g fat per lbm.

3) Lift HEAVY

I'm a mean mofo after a few weeks of cutting, throws my moods off. :bang:
Now I'm eating and eating so I feel just fabulous :rolleyes:

reloaded
12-10-2006, 06:58 PM
It is if you're doing it for an extended period. You can adjust, but keeping it up for months on end without cheating too much gets really frustrating.
It can be hard, but it's not like you can't add sweets into a cut. I sometimes add sweets into my diet, but I account for them in terms of total calories daily.

dabaugh
12-11-2006, 09:10 AM
i am in the process of a fast bulk. It seems like im getting something ive never had before, some fat in the front of my gut, which i expected, but i didnt know how it would look or feel. Should i throw in like a week of cutting every 12 weeks or something? would that do anythin for my long run gains? i want to gain weight as fast as possible, but also not grow a tire around my waist.....

RedSpikeyThing
12-11-2006, 11:08 AM
Cutting for a week won't do jack. I'd either slow down the bulk, or be prepared to cut.

VikingWarlord
12-11-2006, 05:26 PM
It can be hard, but it's not like you can't add sweets into a cut. I sometimes add sweets into my diet, but I account for them in terms of total calories daily.

That's the problem. Eventually, I just get the urge to eat. On the cut, it doesn't matter as much what I eat as long as I stay within my limits and hit my macros.

Sometimes I just want to throw down anything I can. Thanksgiving was absolutely horrible for that. I think I packed down like 4000 calories a day for just about the whole weekend.

Clifford Gillmore
12-11-2006, 06:19 PM
I love cutting, 2 weeks - 5lbs brand new veins everywhere, I'm not even sure why I'm cutting now lol!