PDA

View Full Version : Bands and Boxes

betastas
12-07-2006, 05:45 PM
Alright, I just got my new jumpstretch bands and gave them a shot on dynamic squat day. It was really exciting, like when you discover a new exercise you really enjoy. Where do you position the base of the bands on the bottom of the power rack? I assume that you have them connected where the middle of your foot will be, not at the toes or the heel. Is this correct?

Bob
12-07-2006, 06:06 PM
I usually place them in the middle of the foot position. Except when I use them on box squats, then I tend to like them towards the back of the foot position.

But.. since bands are so good with helping with your stabilizers.. it really doesn't matter where you place them. Change it up.. don't let your body get use to a single position. I don't think the only time you have to worry about position is if it a new position, then you will want to go with a light weight. Or if you are going to use them with a real heavy weight, near your max and/or you use one of the heavy bands.. then I would say place them in the middle of the foot position, where you center of gravity aligns over.

have fun..

Adam
12-07-2006, 07:27 PM
When I used them for squats I'm pretty sure I used to aim for mid feet or a bit closer to heel.
As bear siad though it doesn't have to be exact.
I'd never have them in front of the feet though. In my mind that would make bad form a habit. To work the back I would do good ams with bands though. Good am's from pins with heavy tension were one of my favorite lifts!

betastas
12-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Yes, I think those are going to go in there next. Heavy concentrics seems like a good idea. Thanks all.