PDA

View Full Version : Why are skinny people so strong?

BFGUITAR
12-07-2006, 11:04 PM
Who does every 5'10 140 pound guy lift more than me? Its not fair! Ive got 35 solid pounds on them and they still lift more than me (even if I do look stronger).

This makes me angry :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

clawhammer_33
12-07-2006, 11:16 PM
Get over it.

Go lift, and get stronger.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
12-07-2006, 11:18 PM
:withstupi

Who cares what other people's strengths/weaknesses are? Focus on yourself and always try to become bigger and stronger than YOU, because that is the only person that matters in this very personal life known as weightlifting.

BFGUITAR
12-07-2006, 11:33 PM
I still want to know why.
Does it have to do with their muscle composition? How well their heart functions?

Chris686
12-07-2006, 11:36 PM
It's because you are a weakling.

BFGUITAR
12-07-2006, 11:37 PM
So its not that the fact that they are that much stronger its just the fact that I am that much weaker?

Very possible

Fuzzy
12-08-2006, 12:10 AM
Hahah, dont worry about it man!!

Infact, use it as fuel.

I always aye a guy in the gym, and make it a point to lift more than him

nhlfan
12-08-2006, 12:21 AM
Muscle fibre recruitment, mechanics (limb length especially), form

Sleepy Guy
12-08-2006, 02:14 AM
Conditioning combined with body type makes some better lean lifters.

Compound movements do not put large mass on me rather strength. Overall I get bulkier but not like I was bodybuilding.

Training and body type.

mikesbytes
12-08-2006, 03:39 AM
How old and what weights is he doing ?

UnknownSoldier
12-08-2006, 04:06 AM
I always aye a guy in the gym, and make it a point to lift more than him

same.. >_> I finally surpassed him too.. OOO it feels good.. =D

-Superman-
12-08-2006, 07:16 AM
You are weak.

Bohizzle
12-08-2006, 07:22 AM
just because they're not eating enough to grow doesn't mean they can't get stronger.

arnoldsclone
12-08-2006, 07:59 AM
Who does every 5'10 140 pound guy lift more than me? Its not fair! Ive got 35 solid pounds on them and they still lift more than me (even if I do look stronger).

you must be a video gamer, or be pretending to lift, or have a terrible ratio of fast to slow twitch muscle fibres......

galileo
12-08-2006, 08:00 AM
Muscle fibre recruitment, mechanics (limb length especially), form

Form makes a large difference.

arnoldsclone
12-08-2006, 08:11 AM
Form makes a large difference.

or you could not know how to lift properly......:withstupi

VDubb
12-08-2006, 08:18 AM
you must be a video gamer

Yea, because anyone who plays video games is weak........ :p

Jorge Sanchez
12-08-2006, 08:27 AM

I feel your pain. There are some people on this site that are 60lbs lighter than me (and I'm only about 11%bf, so it's not fat) who lift more than me.

In some cases I suspect that it might be a bit of an exageration, but it really doesn't bother me. I just try to improve my own numbers and not worry about anyone else.

arnoldsclone
12-08-2006, 08:27 AM
Yea, because anyone who plays video games is weak........ :p

usually it's the case. if you play video games on a constant basis, or are a GAMER (think of what a gamer is, they're like us lifters but wit gaming, not healthy to play video games all day) that you're fat and weak, and generally disgusting. i think gamers need the games because they don't deal well with reality.

RedSpikeyThing
12-08-2006, 10:17 AM
usually it's the case. if you play video games on a constant basis, or are a GAMER (think of what a gamer is, they're like us lifters but wit gaming, not healthy to play video games all day) that you're fat and weak, and generally disgusting. i think gamers need the games because they don't deal well with reality.

I'm a gamer. I'm a computer science student. I program computers competitively. I also train for strength and am pound for pound stronger than a lot of the phys ed students at the gym I go to. Any other stereotypes you'ld like to bring to the table?

ShockBoxer
12-08-2006, 10:21 AM
I'd be insulted but I'm fat (16%), weak (380 dead), and disgusting (well, I *am* disgusting).

arnoldsclone
12-08-2006, 10:26 AM
well crap, i didn't meen to insult anyone personally, it was a general statement and my opinion about gamers in general, you don't think of a healthy human when you think of a gamer, there are exceptions. didn't meen to insult redspikething maen..

Davidelmo
12-08-2006, 10:28 AM
meh, who cares?

Unless you are absolute elite there will always be people much stronger than you.

As long as YOU are improving, YOU should be happy. YOu can't really compare yourself to others.

Also I wouldn't believe what people say on the internet. Lots of the 140lb guys benching 300 will be doing quarter reps with very over-zealous spotters ("go on brolly, it's all you!"), or they may even be flat-out lying about their lifts.

Like I said, no-one will criticise you for having poor lifts, as long as you are improving yourself. Nothing wrong with a 135lb squat if you started off with just the bar.

KevinStarke
12-08-2006, 10:38 AM
Cell Tech

BFGUITAR
12-08-2006, 10:44 AM
well crap, i didn't meen to insult anyone personally, it was a general statement and my opinion about gamers in general, you don't think of a healthy human when you think of a gamer, there are exceptions. didn't meen to insult redspikething maen..

I really would like to know how you didnt MEAN to insult anyone. You basically called any gamer or person who sits infront of a computer weak.
Thats like me calling every body builder uncultured meat heads with egos the size of their balls before they took steriods. I know this is not true (cept for the ego part possibly, which is evident from some of the posts here. :P). I cant imagine what other steriotypes linger around in your mind.

Guido
12-08-2006, 11:16 AM
Cell TechThey've got Spy Tech! THEY KNOW!

WBBIRL
12-08-2006, 01:34 PM
I sit in front of my computer all damn day long, and although Its my personal opinion that I'm weak I'm in fact quite strong compared to the average guy. But I don't shoot for average, so I don't care what average is.

I can't deny that I'm fat though.... but I'm working diligently towards resolving that issue.

pipes
12-08-2006, 01:36 PM
If it makes you feel better, I know a lot of weak skinny people.