PDA

View Full Version : Dog Food

Steven.Gaskell
12-08-2006, 05:07 AM
OK, you might think this sounds strange it is.
But I am curious nevertheless. I came across a thread on here, old, about dog food. Some guy said some norwegian powerlifters allegedly ate it. I wouldnt be suprised somewhere if people did.

My question is, do you think it would be beneficial, or too much? Could it be dangerous?
Example, look here: http://www.uk.pedigree.com/products/puppy_can.asp#

"Protein 8.2, Oil 9.5, Ash 2.0, Fibre 0.6, Moisture 78.0, Calcium 3800 mg/kg, Phosphorus 2900 mg/kg, Copper 2.5mg/kg, Vitamin E150mg/kg."

''Contains the correct balance of calcium and phosphorus to help ensure your puppy grows into a strong and healthy dog.
Contains a blend of antioxidant vitamin and minerals that help support natural defences and contribute to a long and healthy life.
Contains high quality meat protein from for strong, healthy and firm muscles.''

Obviously, relying on this solely would be quite disgusting, but do you think some people do this to supplement their diet?

Anthony
12-08-2006, 09:58 AM
It would be less beneficial than non processed food like steak and potatoes. You could certainly survive on it, but don't expect magic powers from it.

Invain
12-08-2006, 10:00 AM
I actually remember reading that thread. I tried to search for it but found nothing.

I don't think eating dog food would really be that bad for you, but it's not the greatest idea. First of all, the quality of the meat and ingredients going into it isn't even close t things humans eat, no matter what they say on the can. Testing for bacteria or other cleanliness issues might not be as stiff as well, because, well, it's for dogs. Their digesting and immune systems are different than a humans. Something especially formulated for a dog might not be the greatest for a human.

Questor
12-08-2006, 10:25 AM
I'll pass ... I am no puppy.

ShockBoxer
12-08-2006, 10:26 AM
:withstupi

Nothing there that couldn't be destroyed by an extra scoop of whey protein and proper vitamin dosage.

Mik
12-08-2006, 11:05 AM
It does wonders for you but soon you start chasing cars and burn too many calories.

Progress
12-08-2006, 11:44 AM
Oh, I'm so jealous of that ash content.

goose21
12-08-2006, 12:35 PM
i ate kibbles n bits one time as a bet
but then i threw up

AzBboy
12-08-2006, 10:29 PM
I read the same crud, only it was about baby food. Baby food turns babys into kids so fast, the growth potential from baby food is undeniably evident blah blah kiss my ass. Some people are so desperate to put on mass they well try anything.