PDA

View Full Version : Why is my cut failing?

D-RAS03
12-08-2006, 11:13 AM
I have been tring to cut for the past two months and there is no differerance at all in my body. First off im 21 and I weight 155lb. I am doing the wanna be big 1 routine. For the first two weeks I tried to eat 2200 cals. but that didnt work so I dropped down to 2000 then now im on 1700 a day. My diet is as follows-

Breakfeast I have a protein shake

meal2 I usally have 1cup of low fat cottage chesse

meal3 I have a piece of chicken and a potato

meal4 I have 1cup of cottage chesse

meal5 I either have a turkey burger or chicken with some pasta.

Calories-1738
Total Fat-42g
Sat. Fat-15g
Carbs-117g
Protein-216g

Any idea? Do I need to drop calories even more down? Thanks

Unreal
12-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Lifting hard enough? Are you 5' tall? 155 for a male is skinny unless your very short or a girl.

D-RAS03
12-08-2006, 12:18 PM
Im 5'9" male when I measured my body fat with calipers I get about 15% bodyfat and I would like to drop it to about 10% before bulking. I do lift hard and heavy.

Anthony
12-08-2006, 12:37 PM
Stop worrying about bulking or cutting. Get your diet cleaned up (it sucks right now) and increase your activity. If you're a 155 pound male and eating 1700 calories, you're not doing enough. My 103 pound girlfriend eats more than you.

So here is your plan:

1) meat, veggies, nuts/seeds at every meal
2) 155+ grams of protein per day
3) 80+ grams of fat per day
4) 2500+ calories per day
5) add some interval training once or twice a week
6) play a sport

The more food you eat and the more activity you perform, the higher your metabolism goes and the better your nutrient partitioning gets.

NewTriathlete
12-08-2006, 01:29 PM
Anthony is 100% correct. I was experiencing the same problem where no matter how low I was cutting my calories, the lbs. weren't dropping off....I switched from doing long cardio every day to HIIT followed by swim lessons 3 times a week, and dropped my cardio on lifting days from 45 minutes to a slow paced 15 minutes uphill treadmill. Switched lifting from high rep\low weight to 5x5. Its made all the difference in the world and I'm back on track now.

As for diet, try to follow this: http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/7habits.htm . At first, just worry about getting the habits down, then worry about calories needing to go up or down. Following these habits alone will give you a very good start.

I know how confusing it is to think that you need to eat MORE to lose weight, but you kind of have to accept it, and accept that you'll only get the results you want if you work with your body, not against it, and starving your body is working against it.

Validus
12-08-2006, 06:37 PM
Anthony is 100% correct. I was experiencing the same problem where no matter how low I was cutting my calories, the lbs. weren't dropping off....I switched from doing long cardio every day to HIIT followed by swim lessons 3 times a week, and dropped my cardio on lifting days from 45 minutes to a slow paced 15 minutes uphill treadmill. Switched lifting from high rep\low weight to 5x5. Its made all the difference in the world and I'm back on track now.

As for diet, try to follow this: http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/7habits.htm . At first, just worry about getting the habits down, then worry about calories needing to go up or down. Following these habits alone will give you a very good start.

I know how confusing it is to think that you need to eat MORE to lose weight, but you kind of have to accept it, and accept that you'll only get the results you want if you work with your body, not against it, and starving your body is working against it.

Wow that is a great article I've read some other things by him and I'm always impressed.

divided
12-20-2006, 10:12 AM
http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/7habits.htm . <--------- Should be REQUIRED reading for all.