PDA

View Full Version : Advice on where to take this back?

Questor
12-09-2006, 06:07 PM
I'm 'into' having a great back, I'm currently doing the following to develop my back... (this is an excerpt of only back related exercises from a four day routine)

Monday
Deadlifts 5x5
Barbell Bent-over Rows 3x8

Thursday
Chinups 5x5
Lat Pulldowns 3x8

And here's the pic:
http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?image=back3aw5.jpg

Suggestions?

HeavyBomber
12-09-2006, 07:42 PM
Looking good. Those exercises are good. I also like to include a seated row and one-arm db rows once in a while.
Do you shrug?

galileo
12-09-2006, 07:44 PM
I would take it to an electrolysis place then a tanning salon. In that order, preferably.

Also, you're not 9%.

Oh yeah, your traps look solid for 150lbs.

Questor
12-09-2006, 07:55 PM
Looking good. Those exercises are good. I also like to include a seated row and one-arm db rows once in a while.
Do you shrug?

At times. I alternate the db rows and bb rows, and I'll work shrugs into the mix.

I would take it to an electrolysis place then a tanning salon. In that order, preferably.

LOL - I cropped out the bottom of my waist, cause getting anywhere near the butt crack turns into a scary hairy fugly place.

Also, you're not 9%.

Yeah, I don't have anything exact to test with - I haven't bought any calipers. I just go by:

http://www.healthcentral.com/cholesterol/home-body-fat-test-2774-143.html

galileo
12-09-2006, 08:11 PM
It said I was 8.5% and I'm about 18 right now. :)

HeavyBomber
12-09-2006, 08:50 PM
Oh yeah, you should work hang and/or power cleans in too. They have really helped build my upper back a lot.

TwiloMike
12-09-2006, 08:57 PM
I would take it to an electrolysis place then a tanning salon.

You have teh sharp eyez. I noticed that also.

Rock Steady
12-09-2006, 08:58 PM
It said I was 8.5% and I'm about 18 right now. :)

Unless you're a pro with calipers or have done hydrostatic... I wouldn't post bodyfat - otherwise everyone's going to give you bad advice for your body type. (For the original poster, not you galileo)

Questor
12-09-2006, 09:16 PM
Good idea. I cut that out of my sig.

Hmm, I think I actually prefer the idea of having a higher bf. I wasn't very satisfied with my 'leanness' at the so-called 9%, but didn't want to reduce it any further thinking 9% was pretty low. That means that next spring I have 'space to work with' in my bf %.

I really, really, really should get calipers.

But not to get too far off topic. :)