PDA

View Full Version : PSMF commencing Monday

Bicster
12-10-2006, 09:23 AM
Quick question for you guys. I will be starting a PSMF and am mostly done with "the book." He recommends taking an EC stack and I am having trouble finding one. Would taking something like Thermocin or T-REX be ok instead? If not, can anyone point me to a good EC source?

Thanks in advance.

-Josh

Progress
12-10-2006, 11:20 AM
Just buy ephedrine. For example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NATURES-WAY-BREATHE-AID-CAPSULES-FOR-BRONCHIAL-ASTHMA_W0QQitemZ150065061909QQihZ005QQcategoryZ45207QQcmdZViewItem

Then buy caffeine. Take 12.5mg ephedrine with 100mg caffeine and there's your stack.

Or, you can just do caffeine. Or neither.

Progress
12-14-2006, 08:01 PM
So, how's the diet coming? ;)

Y0yo
12-15-2006, 11:16 AM
Just buy ephedrine. For example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NATURES-WAY-BREATHE-AID-CAPSULES-FOR-BRONCHIAL-ASTHMA_W0QQitemZ150065061909QQihZ005QQcategoryZ45207QQcmdZViewItem

Then buy caffeine. Take 12.5mg ephedrine with 100mg caffeine and there's your stack.

Or, you can just do caffeine. Or neither.

While doing a PSMF is caffeine only enough? Just wondering...

Progress
12-15-2006, 11:50 AM
While doing a PSMF is caffeine only enough? Just wondering...

I'm pretty sure stacking EC will yield better results than if not taken. Lyle certainly suggests its use for PSMF and UD2. However, it doesn't foreclose the crash effect of the diet since the deficit is so great.

Bicster
12-15-2006, 11:57 AM
I decided to take T-Rex instead of an EC stack. Everything is going well. 3 Nitrean shakes a day and a healthy dinner. So far so good.

12-15-2006, 12:05 PM
only 4 meals? and only one form whole food? is there a link to this diet? id like to see it

ArchAngel777
12-15-2006, 12:16 PM
only 4 meals? and only one form whole food? is there a link to this diet? id like to see it

Not entirely sure what you are asking. I am going to presume that you are inquiring about the PSMF diet?

PSMF is basically a protein only, lower calorie diet. The person generally eats around ~1,000 a day in only protein. Then supplimented with a multi-vitaman and whatever else people decide to bring in (some green veggies, fish oil caps, etc...). But 95% of the calorie come from protein.

The reason this diet works, is because it is supposed to place the body in ketosis of some sort and since protein is broken down to form glucose at some point, it feeds the small need of glucose to the brain. The body then can target body fat for the main source of energy. That is a hacked version of what it is.

They figured it out in the 70's. When they gave really fat people starvation diest (no food) the patients lost weight, but some of it was from fat and some was from muscle. They lost a lot of muscle mass. When they decided to go to a liquid protein diet, they found that the weight loss was nearly as fast, but that the patients retain the majority of their muscle mass. They found that them most protein sparing diet was one with protein! Go figure... anyway, since that time there have been modifications to the diet (Lyle has one) and a few others.

I have done the diet with success. It isn't easy and really can only be done for short spurts of time (1 - 2 weeks). Apparrently, really fat people can go months and not crave food.

If you really want to learn more, check out Lyle McDonald's website. He really is one of the best guys out there for this type of thing. The website is www.bodyrecomposition.com

Bicster
12-15-2006, 05:00 PM
That sums it up, very nicely done. Lyle's book is not necessary but it did help a bit. So far it is working well, no real cravings. I am a little cranky but thats about it.

Jordanbcool
12-15-2006, 09:51 PM
That sums it up, very nicely done. Lyle's book is not necessary but it did help a bit. So far it is working well, no real cravings. I am a little cranky but thats about it.

I'd have to disagree with this. I consult his book every single time I start a PSMF and because of it i've never had any problems.

To the OP.

EC stack is NOT nessesary. I never used it and the PSMF worked well if not just as well if I had used an EC stack. You should have a monster calorie deficet anyways so an EC stack really only helps a tiny bit.

I think there are more important aspects of the diet. Refeeds, workouts, veggies, whole foods, etc. etc. that are much more important to the success of a PSMF. Supplements are at the bottom of the line as they always will be and always should.

-jordan

PoutineEh
12-16-2006, 12:35 PM
ec stack helped out. id feel amazing and euphoric when i took it while doing psmf, but 2-3 hours later, i would feel like crap. probably just because the lack of carbs... psmf was real hard for me, especially working at a *****ty job over the summer as a cvs clerk. time just went by painfully slow and i would feel terrible the whole time except when i took some EC...

Bicster
12-16-2006, 04:23 PM
The book is about 90 pages long, written in a large font. I guess I just have a better memory or something because there really is no need to keep referring to it.

Jordanbcool
12-17-2006, 09:37 AM
The book is about 90 pages long, written in a large font. I guess I just have a better memory or something because there really is no need to keep referring to it.

I just think people should buy the book.....its impossible to get everything right without the book or PDF....

12-17-2006, 04:27 PM
Not entirely sure what you are asking. I am going to presume that you are inquiring about the PSMF diet?

PSMF is basically a protein only, lower calorie diet. The person generally eats around ~1,000 a day in only protein. Then supplimented with a multi-vitaman and whatever else people decide to bring in (some green veggies, fish oil caps, etc...). But 95% of the calorie come from protein.

The reason this diet works, is because it is supposed to place the body in ketosis of some sort and since protein is broken down to form glucose at some point, it feeds the small need of glucose to the brain. The body then can target body fat for the main source of energy. That is a hacked version of what it is.

They figured it out in the 70's. When they gave really fat people starvation diest (no food) the patients lost weight, but some of it was from fat and some was from muscle. They lost a lot of muscle mass. When they decided to go to a liquid protein diet, they found that the weight loss was nearly as fast, but that the patients retain the majority of their muscle mass. They found that them most protein sparing diet was one with protein! Go figure... anyway, since that time there have been modifications to the diet (Lyle has one) and a few others.

I have done the diet with success. It isn't easy and really can only be done for short spurts of time (1 - 2 weeks). Apparrently, really fat people can go months and not crave food.

If you really want to learn more, check out Lyle McDonald's website. He really is one of the best guys out there for this type of thing. The website is www.bodyrecomposition.com

basically i was wondering why so much from liquid, why not eat whole foods to get you protein intake? i've always been taught that its better to get calories from whole food thoughout the day - w/ post workout being an exception to that rule-i will have to check out that website

Spourk
12-17-2006, 05:54 PM
lyle reccomends whole food. But know that there are ppl that will insist on doing it with protein shakes, so the nitrean is a good choice if you decide to go that route, seeing as it keeps you full longer.

ArchAngel777
12-18-2006, 09:50 AM
basically i was wondering why so much from liquid, why not eat whole foods to get you protein intake? i've always been taught that its better to get calories from whole food thoughout the day - w/ post workout being an exception to that rule-i will have to check out that website

It is better to eat whole foods (most of the time). But some people prefer liquid when doing this sort of thing. One guy on this site in particular used Nitrian and said it kept him feeling full.

Eating whole foods expends more energy, so 1,000 calories of tuna fish will probably net somewhere around 800 calories of real energy. 1,000 Liquid will probably net you 950 since the body doesn't really have to work hard to break it down and it takes much less time. Those numbers are pure guestimates.

In anyone's diet, I remember reading a published article that 15% - 45% of all calories consumed are burned up in the process of utilizing them. So when you eat 500 calories, your body will not get 500 calories out of that. It might get 300, or 400, or 450, but never 500.

If doing PSMF, I do recomend whole foods completely! I would basically eat a can of Tuna or Chicken every three hours or so. It worked out to around 900 calories ingested in my case.

Bicster
12-18-2006, 04:31 PM
its a matter of convenience for me.