PDA

View Full Version : A question

CODmasterJYK
12-10-2006, 06:51 PM
I'm 135 lbs right now. I'm trying to cut down to 130 for wrestling. Right now I'm consuming about 1620 calories per day. Given that all my macronutrient ratios and stuff are correct, will I able to cut down to 130 in 5 days?

I'm very active because I work out on monday, wednesday, and friday; have wrestling practice everyday (some of the most intense **** ever); and do HIIT15 minutes a day.

Beast
12-10-2006, 07:02 PM
Definitely.
Is 1620 your maintenance cals? If so, cut them down.
Replace most of your carb calories with fat/protein (any carbs you decide to leave in should be fibrous veggies) and keep up your lifting and up your hiit or do longer cardio sessions.

CODmasterJYK
12-10-2006, 10:35 PM
1620 is below maintenance.

RedSpikeyThing
12-11-2006, 10:09 AM
By how much?

This sounds very doable, especially if you consider that you can lose a ton of water weight pretty easily.

ADT
12-11-2006, 11:33 AM
First of all, more power to you by living the "wrestler lifestyle". Some people think bodybuilders obsess over their weight - we don't even compare to the weight pressures of being a wrestler.

That being said, I would also gradually decrease my water and salt consumption till you "weigh in". This is risky, so don't take it too far, but you will find that in order to meet a specific goal - you need to take drastic measures. As others have pointed out, you should eliminate the majority of your carbohydrate intake. This should gradually decrase as well. (You should already be consuming less than 100 grams per day at this point.)

By the way, as soon as you make your weight - get those calories up and water intake up! Yes, I know this is a vicious cycle - but as I mentioned above, the lifestyle you lead is not something for everyone. Not everyone understands the pressures you are under of a number (your weight) controlling your life.

Best,
Andrew

xbranman2
12-11-2006, 01:03 PM
bro im a college wrestler so i know how you feel. Get an extra run in or some sort of extra workout in and you should be okay. What I did in high school was drink a gallon of water before 12 in the afternoon and thats all id have for the day. (maybe a few sips during practice, some at dinner)