PDA

View Full Version : Mmmmm Fat! - by MariAnne Anderson- Dec 11th 2006

Joe Black
12-11-2006, 03:44 PM
So you all thought fat was evil huh? Maybe not... MariAnne talks all about the macronutrient Fat, what it is and why and when you should take it!

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=284

Enjoy!

Daniel

Max Thunder
12-11-2006, 06:57 PM
Haven't learnt anything in particular, but I liked to read this article and I hope the stupid fat phobia will disappear within the next decade. I think the article needed some photos of Built, to make it more convincing.

People tends to ignore that even in bacon (preferably nitrate free and not too salted, the stuff you can find from organic farms), only 37% of it is saturated, a good portion of that saturated fat is stearic acid, which increases HDL, and it contains 46% of monoinsaturated, which increases HDL. Another ignored fact is that saturated fat helps the body absorb and uses not only the fat-soluble vitamins, but also the omega 3 fats.

Yet people like to bash at bacon as if it were the devil within a food... I think most people in the general population believe that cookies are healthier than the evil bacon.

Built
12-11-2006, 10:54 PM
Haven't learnt anything in particular, but I liked to read this article and I hope the stupid fat phobia will disappear within the next decade. I think the article needed some photos of Built, to make it more convincing.

There is one - it somehow got missed, but Maki assures me it will be fixed tomorrow. :)

Another ignored fact is that saturated fat helps the body absorb and uses not only the fat-soluble vitamins, but also the omega 3 fats.

Yep. I actually mentioned this in Get Built issue I, in my fish oil writup (http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=272):

"The highest recently reported conversion-factor I could find on pubmed suggested a conversion rate of 6% for EPA and 3.8% for DHA, and thatís only if your diet is high in saturated fat. Divide those percentages in half if you eat a diet thatís particularly high in Omega-6 PUFAs."

Thanks for the feedback, Max. Glad you enjoyed the read. :)

ArchAngel777
12-27-2006, 07:22 PM
ROFL, I never commend on this before but the picture of you eating that peanut butter is so damn priceless! Fricking hilarious! BAHAHAH! I love it... That is all I had to say, or and great Article :D

russianwol
12-27-2006, 09:29 PM
"white and nerdy" -- ?????

Did you mean "pale and nerdy" :)

Awesome article though! As always!

Built
12-27-2006, 09:39 PM
"...Whiter than sour cream ..." ♪♪ ♪

;)

Thanks guys!

Jimmy Smith
12-28-2006, 02:35 PM