PDA

View Full Version : Im screwed

ryan9
12-11-2006, 06:49 PM
Hows it going guys? I've got a huge diet problem as of right now. I'm bulking right now and have 15 more lbs to go until I hit my goal of 200. BUT as of now my parents are cutting off all my excessive eating habits. No more milkshakes, eggs/egg whites, beef, chicken etc. Basically they have told me that I can eat Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and a snack or two and thats it. There fed up and there is no way around it. I've tried to sit them down and explain why I'm doing this but theres no use. Is it possible to still get the huge gains I've been getting while on such a crappy diet? Please no stupid comments, any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Sorry I can eat stuff like chicken and beef but only during dinner or whatever, basically whatever they make is what I eat.

goose21
12-11-2006, 07:00 PM
this is exactly why people who have no clue about what they are attempting to talk about shouldnt talk at all
the way it sounds you can't really convince them otherwise
just try to sneak stuff i guess but yeah i hate it when you are trying to eat right and ur parents make you eat with them and what the eat isnt very good for you
sry dude im not much help
i kinda have the same problem

pepsihatman
12-11-2006, 07:35 PM
Proper nutrition is one of the most important factors in a teenager's growth. If you don't get enough calories you won't reach your genetic potential. Perhaps you can use this to help argue. I get frustrated just reading about your plight. Good luck.

reloaded
12-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Nothing wrong with eating a few big meals with snacks in between. Of course, it's always better to eat smaller meals, but if it's between not enough calories and meeting your needs, then meet your needs.

ray34iyf
12-11-2006, 08:30 PM
Yeah man. Just make sure you eat enough at the three meals you do get. And for snacks, grab a big old bowl of peanuts. Nothing like calorie dense food to solve your problem, and trust me, I know. Whenever I go home I get the same old thing about how I'm crazy eating all that food.

Questor
12-11-2006, 08:32 PM
1. You should probably obey your parents
2. I have found in the workplace that when management gets a bur up their ass about one thing or another, not to argue with them about it - just do it. Wait a few weeks and they'll stop caring so much, and then you can quietly resume your normal life style.

WORLD
12-11-2006, 08:32 PM
Print them off some evidence showing that eating more than 3 meals a day can benefit not only you, but them as well. They can't be that hard headed about learning something new.
Try and find out what it is about your eating that gets them angry.. the money? do they think it's unhealthy? find this out, then try to work to find a solution.

How old are you by the way..

goose21
12-11-2006, 08:36 PM
They can't be that hard headed about learning something new.

haha
i dont know how his parents are but you obviously havent met my parents
try teaching them something, they just get pissed off cause they think your only intention was to prove them wrong and make them look bad

pepsihatman
12-11-2006, 08:36 PM
I just thought about this, but it sounds like there is something underlying that they are trying to prevent you from doing. Like to encourage you to stop lifting or something like that.

ryan9
12-11-2006, 08:50 PM
Nothing wrong with eating a few big meals with snacks in between. Of course, it's always better to eat smaller meals, but if it's between not enough calories and meeting your needs, then meet your needs.

Thats the problem, I get grilled even if I eat excessively at dinner. So it's not like I can just cram all my cals into those meals.

1. You should probably obey your parents
2. I have found in the workplace that when management gets a bur up their ass about one thing or another, not to argue with them about it - just do it. Wait a few weeks and they'll stop caring so much, and then you can quietly resume your normal life style.

Tried that too, I even laid off all summer with the eating thing because they wouldn't stop bitching. But every time I start eating again they start bitching again.

Print them off some evidence showing that eating more than 3 meals a day can benefit not only you, but them as well. They can't be that hard headed about learning something new.
Try and find out what it is about your eating that gets them angry.. the money? do they think it's unhealthy? find this out, then try to work to find a solution.

How old are you by the way..

I'm 16. I've tried explaining to them the benefits etc. but they always say and I quote " You get your info off of some website and forums from random people."

I just thought about this, but it sounds like there is something underlying that they are trying to prevent you from doing. Like to encourage you to stop lifting or something like that.

They are fine with me lifting so it's not that.

Questor
12-11-2006, 09:05 PM
Well man, first and foremost I'm a father. I suggest you give in and obey. It's not really given to children to disobey their parents.

I've got three kids, and a stepson (oldest is 12). Let me tell ya like it is: Sometimes we're wrong. But that doesn't mean you can disobey us anyway. You'll have your whole life to steer your own course. Until then, just make do with what ya got.

:thumbup:

reloaded
12-11-2006, 09:10 PM
I'm 16.
Do you have a car? If you do have a car, are you the one that drives it the most? Do you have a job/money? If yes with all these questions, go down to the store on your own and buy more food. Put the food - protein powder, nuts, etc in your car and eat them daily.

pepsihatman
12-11-2006, 09:12 PM
Have they given you a reason for why they are limiting your intake of food? Do they believe it is unhealthy? Do they think you are going to get fat?

My own personal opinion, but it sounds like they are pulling some passive-aggressive crap. Then again, I don't know the entire situation, don't know your parents or you. I could be completely wrong.

Another thought, if you go out with friends use your money to buy food? Eat out a little if you are having problems getting required calories. Just try to be smart about it.

Madden Freak
12-11-2006, 09:22 PM
I feel sorry for you man

McIrish
12-12-2006, 02:36 AM
Do you have a car? If you do have a car, are you the one that drives it the most? Do you have a job/money? If yes with all these questions, go down to the store on your own and buy more food. Put the food - protein powder, nuts, etc in your car and eat them daily.

Agreed - you probably won't be able to change your folks... old fogies get set in their ways. ;) What you CAN do is change yourself - buy your own food and eat on your own. It's a parent's prerogative to watch over their child, and what seems healthy to you might be borderline obsession to your folks (eg., an extension of hypergymnasia or something). Try to see it from their perspective, too.

ShockBoxer
12-12-2006, 11:29 AM
It's not fair for you to be putting a noticable strain on your parent's grocery money in the quest for bigness. Buy your own groceries and they can't say anything.

ryan9
12-12-2006, 01:01 PM

The grocery store is by no means close to home so it's not me buying the groceries thats the problem it's getting them home. I have no car and even if I did I can't drive alone with the licensing laws in Ontario. My dad is pretty old school, even if I buy groceries and somehow manage to get them home he will bitch and moan about me eating to much and not saving money for more important things such as college.

Agreed - you probably won't be able to change your folks... old fogies get set in their ways. ;) What you CAN do is change yourself - buy your own food and eat on your own. It's a parent's prerogative to watch over their child, and what seems healthy to you might be borderline obsession to your folks (eg., an extension of hypergymnasia or something). Try to see it from their perspective, too.

They have commented about me being almost obsessive compulsive with my eating habits. But regardless if they think it's unhealthy or not I don't see why the wont listen to facts etc. that show the complete opposite. It's not like I'm eating crap food all day and they are worried about me getting fat, I'm eating all healthy foods such as egg whites, chicken and lean ground beef.

I'm stumped. And its hard as hell to continue with your goals and passion when you have your parents working against you rather then with you.

Validus
12-12-2006, 02:13 PM
I'm Very torn between the two sides on this one. First off I do agree that while you're under your parents roof you should obey their rules but at the same time if your parents are just ignorantly judging something they don't understand thats not your problem. You are doing this in order to better yourself physically and there's nothing wrong with that, they are simply missinformed as to what is healthy and what isn't.

If they think it's unhealthy make arrangements to have a nice sit down with your doctor. Explain your goals and allow him/her to discuss it with your parents. However, if this is simply about the grocery bill than sorry but you're out of luck. It's their money their house, wait till you turn 18 , can drive, and have a job to buy your own food. I started lifting when I was 18 and trust me you're still plenty young and have plenty of time to get the body you want.

There are several things that will influence the doctor thing though. Are you actually pretty heavy as of right now? Because if you are they may actually side with the parents, no doctor really understands bulking lol. People think its so hard to get the weight off they don't undersand how we can put it on so fast and not worry about taking it off. So expalin the bulking/cutting thing in terms that will make them really see that you know what you're talking about and show evidence to back it up. (There's plenty of it out there)!
Hope it all works out for you good luck!

Warrior10
12-12-2006, 02:35 PM
Get a job if you don't have one...buy your food with your money and with this independence, learn to prepare your own food. You could eat on your breaks at work, or even after, before you get home. I think this initiative will at least make your parents acknowledge your niche and be less adamant on stopping you.

reloaded
12-12-2006, 03:49 PM
Watch the South Park episode "Scott Tenerman Must Die." Then do as Cartman did. Good luck.

JK