PDA

View Full Version : Mike Womack

View 1
12-12-2006, 03:16 PM
http://www.modbee.com/sports/story/13092463p-13743310c.html

I opened up last fridays newspaper at work and was like wow I didn't even know this guy lived so close to where I do.

NickW
12-12-2006, 10:12 PM
http://www.modbee.com/sports/story/13092463p-13743310c.html

I opened up last fridays newspaper at work and was like wow I didn't even know this guy lived so close to where I do.

Gotta respect the guy for the crazy weights he throws around! I do however lose a little respect for the guy because I doubt he really has much power behind his numbers. I have a lot of respect for Wolfy because I know he is freakishly strong in and out of a shirt, even after his dramatic weight loss.

I am not saying this because I am a raw enthusiast, I am saying this because I believe actual strength should be a part of powerlifting (I am all for shirts).

Sidior
12-12-2006, 11:06 PM
Why the hell is he doing board presses in a shirt?

Isaac Wilkins
12-15-2006, 10:28 AM
Doing board presses in a shirt is pretty common. It still helps with overload strength. Sometimes you can't get the weight down on the lighter weights to the chest so take it to a board instead.

KevinStarke
12-15-2006, 10:37 AM
Lots of guy are very against shirted boards because it takes you out of the groove the shirt actually gets in during the full press. So these same guys stick to raw for board presses. This is just some lifters though.

The Percepta
12-15-2006, 11:30 AM
Womack is a pretty cool cat, but that article was a bit of a exaggeration on many levels...

Isaac Wilkins
12-15-2006, 12:51 PM
Lots of guy are very against shirted boards because it takes you out of the groove the shirt actually gets in during the full press. So these same guys stick to raw for board presses. This is just some lifters though.

A lot of guys like them, too.

I personally prefer the idea of raw boards, myself. I don't do much shirt work, though, so I'm not the best judge there.

Sidior
12-17-2006, 03:56 PM
Doing board presses in a shirt is pretty common. It still helps with overload strength. Sometimes you can't get the weight down on the lighter weights to the chest so take it to a board instead.

Ah thanks guys. I have done boards raw but in a shirt just seems silly to me....meh.