PDA

View Full Version : School Getting In The Way

Griever14206
12-12-2006, 07:25 PM
I am a high school senior (as noted in my introduction thread). I would like to begin training, and have just started to get everything set up. The problem is I attend school 5 days a week from 8am to 2:30pm. I know I am supposed to eat about 6 small meals a day, but with 6 hours of my time being taken up in school, I'm finding it a bit challenging.

My question is, is there anyway I can still get the foods I need that are small, compact, and require no preparation? Obviously no eating is allowed during school hours so I'd have to "sneak it". I really want to get this rolling, but this is a big problem. What would you reccomend?

pepsihatman
12-12-2006, 07:39 PM
Protein bar during class change? Water protein shake if you are allowed to drink during class?

Slim Schaedle
12-12-2006, 07:55 PM
I am a high school senior (as noted in my introduction thread). I would like to begin training, and have just started to get everything set up. The problem is I attend school 5 days a week from 8am to 2:30pm. I know I am supposed to eat about 6 small meals a day, but with 6 hours of my time being taken up in school, I'm finding it a bit challenging.

My question is, is there anyway I can still get the foods I need that are small, compact, and require no preparation? Obviously no eating is allowed during school hours so I'd have to "sneak it". I really want to get this rolling, but this is a big problem. What would you reccomend?

6 small meals is not a neccesity (did I spell that right?)

Just eat larger meals when you can.

Bohizzle
12-12-2006, 07:57 PM
u don't have a lunch period? and everything that has been said is good advice.

miken5254
12-12-2006, 08:00 PM
You can get at least one meal in during school, do you have lunch period?

RedSpikeyThing
12-12-2006, 08:09 PM
How much do you need to eat? If you start figureing out how many calories you need per meal, than you'll reliase it isn't that hard to do it in 3 meals per day. Also, a "meal" doesn't have to be like something you would eat with your family. A cup of peanuts with a glass of milk is a meal and is pushing 1k calories.

Questor
12-12-2006, 08:29 PM
Make these and eat them inbetween classes. Problem solved.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=63562

Griever14206
12-12-2006, 08:39 PM
I am trying to lift to get lean (my body fat % is pretty high right now, I'm overweight) and want to eat right. Would those bars help me? Seems like slamming 1k calories in 1 eating session would help me gain weight.

I do have a lunch period btw. I'm probably going to start packing my lunch, because the crap they serve in school sucks. Another crappy thing is we can't drink anything during class, not even from a water bottle. In order to gauge how much water I drink I'd have to fill up a measured cup in the fountain and slam it in the hallway.

This leads into another couple questions.

1.)What is a good breakfast? I've recently stopped eating it all together because whenever I consume anything (even drinks) in the morning I tend to feel like crap. I can't really eat cereal because my body doesen't seem to like milk (cheese is okay sometimes).

2.) And what would be a good lunch? It would have to be something that could fit in a brown bag that would stew in my locker for a few hours.

Also, my training time will most likely be after I get out of school. Probably from 3:30 - 5:00 or somewhere in between. I'm going to have to write up a grocery list.

clash
12-12-2006, 08:55 PM
Im a senior as well and find it pretty easy to get my food intake....I always have a liter of water, nuts, and jerkey on me. I also have a pop tart everyday at school which i know itsnt very nutritious but oh well

McIrish
12-13-2006, 06:04 AM
1.)What is a good breakfast? I've recently stopped eating it all together because whenever I consume anything (even drinks) in the morning I tend to feel like crap. I can't really eat cereal because my body doesen't seem to like milk (cheese is okay sometimes).

Griever, I used to be a "I hate breakfast" type, too. Start small - a bagel w/ a moderate amount of spread and an egg or something. Gradually work your way up - I was slamming down 1000 calorie breakfast shakes in no time with literally no difficulty. There's a psychosomatic response to actually chewing, no? If you keep chewing real food, you're sending messages to your brain saying "I...am...eating." Try throwing down a healthy shake in the mornings - wouldn't kill you to blend up some fruit/protein powder/olive oil/etc.

RedSpikeyThing
12-13-2006, 09:50 AM
I am trying to lift to get lean (my body fat % is pretty high right now, I'm overweight) and want to eat right. Would those bars help me? Seems like slamming 1k calories in 1 eating session would help me gain weight.

You won't gain weight unless you eat over your maintenance calories. You could eat your days worth of calories in one sitting, if you wanted to.
The six meals a day thing is more of a comfort thing. If you're bulking, it's a lot easier to 1k calories in 6 meals than 2k in three. If you're cutting, it's more a matter of felling like you're always eating which can make you feel a lot better about eating very little.