PDA

View Full Version : Egg Salad Recipe?

NewTriathlete
12-13-2006, 01:46 PM
Hi,

For breakfast, I've been making a wonderful omelette consisting of 1 egg, 3 egg whites, ham, red peppers, and cheese. The only problem is this takes forever to make in the morning. I tried making it the night before, but it was gross the next day in the microwave.

I've decided to use all the same ingredents to make an egg salad instead that I can make a huge batch of on Sunday and just grab to eat on my way to work so I can get some more sleep.

The one question I have is what can I use instead of Mayo in an Egg Salad? Does mustard taste taste good? What about Yogurt? If no one has any suggestions, I'll start concocting things and let you know the results :)

D Breyer
12-13-2006, 07:52 PM
Just made egg salad about 10 minutes ago... Pretty simple recipe though.. 6 hard boiled egg whites with 2 yolks, 2 tbs of light mayo, salt and pepper... I was going to put some tuna or chicken or something else in there but I decided not to. Its good stuff.

NewTriathlete
12-14-2006, 11:46 AM
So last night I made a trial batch for this morning that came out pretty well, 1 egg, 3 egg whites, half a raw red pepper, 3 slices of diced ham, 0.25 cups of cheese, salt and pepper. The secret ingredent I used was Chipolte Mustard that I got at Safeway. I was kind of skeptical/scared at first, but it came out really well, and the Chipolte Mustard has basically 0 calories in it with a TON of flavor.

I may try adding some other spices to it tonight.

Mercuryblade
12-14-2006, 11:31 PM
They make mayonaise that is made with canola oil instead of soybean oil. It still has the calories but at least they are good ones. Good for bulking season.

thecallofktulu
05-21-2010, 07:20 PM
This is my favorite recipe for egg salad because it uses little mayonnaise and plenty of dill

Ingredients

* 8 eggs
* 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
* 2 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
* 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
* 1 teaspoon paprika
* 1/2 red onion, minced
* salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1. Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil; cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
2. In a large bowl, combine the egg, mayonnaise, mustard, dill, paprika, onion and salt and pepper. Mash well with a fork or wooden spoon.
3. Serve on bread as a sandwich or over crisp lettuce as a salad.

petervinsly
06-13-2010, 10:46 PM
I like Egg and eggs all the recipes, But I like to most eat Eggs curry recipes, Lettuce with eggs salad is made pretty like recipes, Boil the eggs in the water then cool it, Wash the Lettuce in the cool eater then cut eggs in to the piece then do mix with Lettuce, and add in to the some salt, white pepper powder, crushed black peppercorns, vinegar, mustard powder and salad oil....