PDA

View Full Version : hows this for a diet plan...

jenkinsbs
12-13-2006, 02:05 PM
Ive been on this diet for a week now, i got it from a diffrent website. It is for maximum testosterone production, not really for cutting. Also its based around a guy around 180lbs, and not to eat like this for more than 6 weeks... what do you guys think?

Breakfast:
4 LG eggs
1 packet instant cream o wheat
1/2 avacado

Morning snack:
8oz low fat yogurt
1 bannana
1oz mixed nuts

Lunch:
4oz deli turkey meat
2 slices wheat bread
1/2 avacado

Pre workout snack:
1 scoop protien
2 slices white bread
1 tbsp peanut butter

Post workout snack:
1 scoop whey protien
1/3 scoop dextrose / sugar

Dinner:
6oz top serloin steak
1 cup white rice
1 cup colliflower

Evening snack:
8oz cottage cheese
1 packet cream o wheat
1oz mixed nuts

totals are 3,369 calories, 197 g protein 398 g carbs, 111 g fat...

Davidelmo
12-13-2006, 03:37 PM
Looks good! Enough protein, reasonable carbs, lots of healthy fats.

Depends on your goals though. Are you trying to gain or lose wieght?

jenkinsbs
12-13-2006, 04:38 PM
Looks good! Enough protein, reasonable carbs, lots of healthy fats.

Depends on your goals though. Are you trying to gain or lose wieght?

Im looking to put on weight... and lose it at the same time :p

Im not in a hurry to lose any, my main goal is to put on muscle mass, and lose body fat. With a regular workout schedule and cardio work on my off days, im thinking ill lose my gut / lovehandles at the same time/pace the muscle comes...

timothydog
12-13-2006, 06:14 PM
Maybe lose the white bread and switch to something healthier? I think I read a few people on here saying how terrible white bread is.
The rest looks good to me.

Mr. D
12-13-2006, 08:52 PM
I would stay away from the instant stuff and white rice and white bread. Switch to brown rice,whole wheat bread and regular cooking cream of wheat. Also for all practical purposes, its impossible to GAIN muscle and BURN fat at the same time. You can do one or the other. Now you can create the illusion that your gut is shrinking by increasing the size of your chest,shoulders. But to get rid of the gut, you are going to have to diet that down.

jenkinsbs
12-13-2006, 09:26 PM
I would stay away from the instant stuff and white rice and white bread. Switch to brown rice,whole wheat bread and regular cooking cream of wheat. Also for all practical purposes, its impossible to GAIN muscle and BURN fat at the same time. You can do one or the other. Now you can create the illusion that your gut is shrinking by increasing the size of your chest,shoulders. But to get rid of the gut, you are going to have to diet that down.

Well the illusion is good for now :p

I wasnt eating nearly enough last time i tried to bulk up, was just taking creatine and protien and im not happy with those results, so now... i eat...

When i do want to cut, what are some good substitutions i can make to this diet?

Or can anyone suggest a good cutting diet plan?

12-13-2006, 09:58 PM

not true

12-13-2006, 10:01 PM
Well the illusion is good for now :p

I wasnt eating nearly enough last time i tried to bulk up, was just taking creatine and protien and im not happy with those results, so now... i eat...

When i do want to cut, what are some good substitutions i can make to this diet?

Or can anyone suggest a good cutting diet plan?

drop calories from carbs - not to much to fast though- make sure to keep protein HIGH as to not lose muscle - i would actually say push protein up more and drop the carbs a little even when not trying to drop weight

1mmort4l
12-14-2006, 02:06 AM
Ive been on this diet for a week now, i got it from a diffrent website. It is for maximum testosterone production, not really for cutting. Also its based around a guy around 180lbs, and not to eat like this for more than 6 weeks... what do you guys think?

Breakfast:
4 LG eggs
1 packet instant cream o wheat
1/2 avacado

Morning snack:
8oz low fat yogurt
1 bannana
1oz mixed nuts

Lunch:
4oz deli turkey meat
2 slices wheat bread
1/2 avacado

Pre workout snack:
1 scoop protien
2 slices white bread
1 tbsp peanut butter

Post workout snack:
1 scoop whey protien
1/3 scoop dextrose / sugar

Dinner:
6oz top serloin steak
1 cup white rice
1 cup colliflower

Evening snack:
8oz cottage cheese
1 packet cream o wheat
1oz mixed nuts

totals are 3,369 calories, 197 g protein 398 g carbs, 111 g fat...

Looks fairly good to me, although i fail to see why you would only eat like this for 6 weeks.... Like others have said, swap the white stuff for brown, plus i would also drop a few carbs replacing with protein. Oh, defiantely would need some more vegies too!
I have no idea what cream o wheat is, but i will assume it something like powdered oats?

Why 6 weeks? Whats the problem??

shootermcgavin7
12-14-2006, 04:44 AM
Maybe lose the white bread and switch to something healthier?

It would probably be healthier for him if he used cardboard instead of white bread.

Like everyone else pointed out; lose the processed high-sugar stuff and you should be good to go.

jenkinsbs
12-14-2006, 11:21 AM
It would probably be healthier for him if he used cardboard instead of white bread.

Like everyone else pointed out; lose the processed high-sugar stuff and you should be good to go.

mmmm cardboard... sounds good to me!

6 weeks is what was recomended to me becasue the plan is relatively healthy, but you don't want to avoid low-glycemic, unrefined carbs and polyunsaturated fats for too long; they offer too many health benefits to shun for an extended period

as far as more protien goes, i only weigh 180 lbs, the diet gets me +190, from what everyone said (" So you'll want to get in your bodybuilding standard of 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight per day--no more, no less."), you dont want to eat too much protien becasue it lowers the GnRH hormones so you dont produce as much testosterone, and thats what im looking for