PDA

View Full Version : Bench shirt question/woes

stilysh
12-13-2006, 04:47 PM
I have a 56 Inzer Phenom, and I am having some trouble with the fit. When we try to pull the sleeves on to set them, the seam in the shoulders goes to just above where the middle delts on my shoulders start. It is so tight I had 3 guys trying to pull them down with no luck. The marks that I am getting are way lower on my triceps than other people and myself think they should be; they are about 4 to 5 inches from where my armpit starts. My right arm has a 5 inch long and about an inch wide dark purple bruise on it!
My measurements are: chest-50in., shoulders-57in., and relaxed arms-18.25 in. I had heard before that you could order your shirt 2 inches bigger than your shoulder measurements and it should fit good. Is this accurate? I am looking to go to a RageX double layer. Any help at all that
anyone could give me would be very much appreciated.
Thanks
Stilysh

WillKuenzel
12-14-2006, 04:35 PM
You've got a 56 shirt and a 57" measurement. It could be shirt is too small. I'm not sure (and too lazy to look) if the shirt is open back or closed back, but at the end of the Metal manual (http://www.elitefts.com/documents/metal-manual.pdf) on EliteFTS there is a good guide to getting the bench shirt on a bit better.

If its that tight, you might need to try some suit slippers. I've got an Underarmour shirt sleeves that I just cut off and it really helps to get the suit slid on where it needs to be then you pull it out from underneath the shirt.

waynedang
12-14-2006, 07:10 PM
Is this your first shirt? I would say keep trying to get it on. All the poly shirts stretch after each use. Start trying to take some weights each workout. It takes me around 5 or 6 workouts to get my shirts on the way I want them. Don't give up on it after the first time. The bruise is normal.

Wayne

stilysh
12-15-2006, 06:56 AM
Thanks for the advice. This isn't my first shirt, but it is the first time I have tried to use one other than the EHPHD, and that shirt went on pretty easy. I will check out the metal manual and get some hints from there. I will keep trying to get the shoulders back some more, and the under armor idea is a great one too!
Stiles

Bigmonster777
12-17-2006, 02:10 AM
You've got a 56 shirt and a 57" measurement. It could be shirt is too small. I'm not sure (and too lazy to look) if the shirt is open back or closed back, but at the end of the Metal manual (http://www.elitefts.com/documents/metal-manual.pdf) on EliteFTS there is a good guide to getting the bench shirt on a bit better.

If its that tight, you might need to try some suit slippers. I've got an Underarmour shirt sleeves that I just cut off and it really helps to get the suit slid on where it needs to be then you pull it out from underneath the shirt.
This is true, the shirt might be too small

jbclean
12-17-2006, 05:54 PM
I belive you just need to work with it more,don't expect it to fit right in only a few workouts.Break it in slowly,use boards and don't force a touch until you have it broken in good.The first times using it you will think there is no way it will work the way you think it will.Probably in weeks 4 and 5 the shirt will go on better and fit better.

stilysh
12-18-2006, 11:00 AM
Thanks, I will work a little on my patience, that hasn't always been one of my strong points.
Stiles