PDA

View Full Version : soo...

x305xtiger
12-13-2006, 05:19 PM
ok so here is the deal. My friend recommended that i ask questions on this website, b/c the ppl will answer....sooo the thing is I have some clue to what I am gonna do, but i dont know where to start =/ I know i have to do alot of commitment to this, if i really want to change my weight. So i guess what im trying to ask is where should I start if I want to cut? well if some one can just give me sum suggestions that would be great. thanx.

Questor
12-13-2006, 09:04 PM
Figure out what your maintenance calories are, undercut that by a few hundred, eat only healthy foods, and lift weights. Then repeat every day for a long time.

Simple part is knowing what to do. Hardest part is being committed.

12-13-2006, 09:33 PM
ohios not that bad

Slim Schaedle
12-13-2006, 10:35 PM
ohios not that bad

But it's not as good either :D

12-13-2006, 10:37 PM
But it's not as good either :D

true

OneBadUnit
12-13-2006, 11:10 PM
I like Ohio !

Turnip
12-14-2006, 08:27 AM
How much do you weigh now?

crazyskater52
12-15-2006, 10:35 PM
Ohio's horrible, was there over the summer O_o and ruined my bulk!

Hey maxine ;-)

12-15-2006, 11:44 PM
why do people start threads and never come back to them??!?!

Lazarus
12-16-2006, 12:32 AM
He might just be pestering someone in Private messages instead of posting publicly d:

WBBIRL
12-16-2006, 09:46 AM
I myself started putting on serious weight from 9th grade to about a year ago when I 11th grade when I leveled out. I went from 225 in 8th to 260 in 9th to 310 or better in 10th and then back down to 285 for 11th and back up to 300 for my senior year. I played football and lifted so I didn't look all that bad for 300, but not good by any stretch of the imagination.

Bottom line is calories in vs calories out. You can do recomposition which will lower your bodyfat percentage without actually ridding you of much to any bodyfat (by adding lean muscle) but in our cases thats not goana cut the cake.

Read the what a bodybuilder eats sticky and basically just stay away from any junkfood at all. Drink 1 gallon of water per day atleast. Get 1g of protein per pound of LBM (take your bodyweight x your bodyfat percentage and then subtract that number from your bodyweight to get your LBM). Take 6 fishoil capsuls per day, and a multi vitamin. Cycle your carbs if you can.

http://www.skippypodar.net/Fitness/carbcycling.html

Don't worry about cardio at 300+ pounds, you can get it done much better in the kitchen then you will on the treadmill. Walk if you feel the need to do anything cardio related. Tracking your calories is a VERY important thing to do. Stay at a set number for about 2 weeks keeping water intake and physical activity relatively the same, weighing yourself whenever you wake up in the morning. If your weight goes down, then your in a deficit... if it stays the same then your at your maintance, if it goes up then you're in a surplus. After you have those results you can adjust so that your loseing weight (or fat I should say).

Loseing weight and losing fat aren't the same things. In order to lose weight its as simple as a caloric deficit, in order to lose fat you need to keep protein high, lift heavy and get enough EFA's/Carbs.

Go for slow and steady, you probably didn't get to 300 overnight and you wont trim down overnight either. Take diet breaks if you need to every few weeks, or instead of prolong diet breaks you can have 1-2 free meals each week. A free meal is simply a day in which you can have one meal which would have foods you wouldn't eat during your diet. But its not a ticket to see how much garbage food you can force down your face in a 24 hour period. Keep it to within 1000 calories over your normal diet days.

Keep in mind the ramifications of a free day on your progress. If you've been undercutting your maitaince calories by 500 per day, you've just shot two days of good dieting down the drain. You might think about having a free meal every other week.

If you do decided to carb cycle or carb deplete, don't be alarmed at weight spikes. You can gain or drop several pounds just due to carb depletion or loading. Its all going to be water, but will affect the scale. At first you'll probably drop 10-15 pounds in water alone.

nthorpe
12-19-2006, 09:49 AM
fishoil tablets? You mean like cod liver oil? they always repeat on me bad, the taste of it is disgusting

x305xtiger
12-22-2006, 11:06 PM
ah sry guys for not replying right away, I wasnt sure if i should of or not hehe ^_^' my bad. newayz thanx for answering my question. ok sooo...i weigh like 236 =/ which is pretty ridiculous, considering im 17 and i play softball. I really am just at a point where i am disgusted with myself. I have gone on diets and stuff but i loose my mind, cuz i eat the same things everyday, and if i didnt have time to make it, then i had to miss a meal, and that **** is fustrating when i have to sit through skool and starve, come lunch time im so hungry i get w/e i can get. As for work out... its pretty non exsistent. If i can also get suggestions on like workouts at home, and what kinds of food to eat, that would be sweet. thanx. again sry it took so long to reply.
<3

deeder
12-24-2006, 06:00 PM
Read the stickies in this section... That should get you off to a great start.

Search for WBB1, WBB2 or BGB for great weightlifting routines!