PDA

View Full Version : Death By Cubicle

Albatross
12-15-2006, 11:20 PM
I weighed myself today and it scared the **** out of me. 260 pounds! I have never been this big in my life and its a shock since during fall of 2005 i was running 7.5-10 miles a day and weighing around 210-215 pounds.
I have gone from a high school athlete, soldier, college student, and now to an accountant. Ever since I got this desk job I have had no time to focus on a workout program. Well, im going to make time now since it seems I am sleeping more and more and have less and less energy. this is no way to live and it cant go on any longer.

Stats
25 yrs old
5'11, 260 pounds
Bf% unknown but 25%+ would be my guess
Bench/Squat/Dead Unknown

Goal
By May 15, 2007 weigh 225 pounds and be around 16%
Bench 225x10
Squat 350x6

1st workout starts tomorrow.

HammDoggy
12-16-2006, 12:17 AM
Good luck brother, looking forward to hearing about your progress

Chris686
12-16-2006, 09:07 AM
Good job getting off your ass and doing something about it! :thumbup:

That's half the battle right there.

Any idea what your split looks like? It would be wise to get a solid routine down.

Stumprrp
12-16-2006, 09:28 AM
stay motavated!

Albatross
12-16-2006, 09:44 AM
Day 1 sucked big time as i suspected.
40 minutes on the elliptical keeping a HR between 155-160 with resistance adjusting to keep me in that zone.
Did some ab work afterwards in a circuit (3 rounds) with 20-30 secs between each event and 1.5 min rest after each circuit.
Flat Situps 3x18
4 count flutter kicks 3x15
Knee Ups (not sure what you call them but you support the upper body on this device and your legs hang there)
2x20, 1x17

A little better than I thought I would be considering the circumstances but still way behind where I ever was.

I have the fit day CD so I dont know if theres a way to throw it on the website via the program but so far ive eaten
1 serving Choc ON Whey mixed w/water pre workout
1 cup of oatmeal (plain/non instant)

lunch is in a bit but im going to probably eat one can of tuna and about 200 cals of mixed vegetables.

Only liquid intake has been water as I dont drink coffee. This is going to be a long road to reach goal 1 but I think its attainable.

ericg
12-16-2006, 09:59 AM
Love the journal title. Desk jobs can certainly throw a wrench into the lifestyle at first!

Do you have a program that you are following? Seems like you are doing an awful lot of cardio, of course that is only judging one workout.

Albatross
12-16-2006, 11:15 AM
im trying to sort of follow what i did in the past, granted a lot less effort now gets my HR to the cruising speed. Im not trying to get huge muscularly, but larger than athletic build and eventually between 10-12% bf. I used to run a bit, and would like to do some 5 and 10ks next summer. This thanksgiving was actually the first one (where i was not deployed) since i was 16 that i missed the local turkey trot 5mi run.
I also used to surf a bit. Was ok in the spring but late summer to present i have had no paddling endurance and have been smoked by the time i make it out to the line up in anything head high or larger. Im going to miss the winter season because I need to get back in gear before i hurt myself out there.

Albatross
12-16-2006, 11:24 AM
Anyway, here is the schedule of events I would like to get back into
Cardio/BW exercises in the mornings (6am) when its listed, weights in the evening roughly 9pm EST.

Sunday
Legs
(Squat, Extensions, SL Dead Lift, Hamstring Curls)

Monday
Chest/Tri
(Flat Bench, Cable Cross Over, Incline DB, Tri Press Down, DB Over Head)

Wed
Morning - Cardio (elliptical or bike) followed by abs/hip flexer exercises
Back/Bi
(Pull Downs alt grip, Bent DB Row, Seated 2 hand cable Row, Preacher Curls, DB Hammer)

Thurs
Cardio w/pushups, dips

Fri
Cardio
Shoulders
(Shrugs, Bar Ups, Trap Machine)

Sat
Cardio w/ Assisted Pullups

Chris686
12-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Looks okay, but it's missing deadlifts!