PDA

View Full Version : More Frequent and Intense Hunger Pains, Normal?

Lean-N-Mean
12-16-2006, 12:40 PM
Okay I have a question here. I have increased my cals from probably 2200-2500/day eating 3x a day , to 3400-3900/day eating 5-6x a day. My question is that now after about 3 hours or so without food I am dying, whereas I could go 5+ hours without really noticing it before. For example I had to get up in the middle of the night to (....), I had been asleep for about 3-4 hours, and when I got up I was famished and I had to go downstairs and eat something so that I could go back to bed. I had been eating all day, is this normal? Does it go away or become less intense? Anyways, this might be a silly question, so give me a second and I will step into my flame r3tardant suit...ahh, that's better, fire away.

Here is my macro breakdown for yesterday. The prior 3 days were similiar minus 100-500 cals.
12/15/06
My Weight (bedtime)__178.4lbs.
________________ % Macros
total Fat___135g____16.31%
sat Fat____52.5g
Carbs_____379g___45.8%
Protein____313.5g_____37.89%
cal 3920
BMR- Maintence 2850-3163

*All days listed here http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=89523

RedSpikeyThing
12-16-2006, 01:14 PM
Although I don't have to eat at night, I'm quite similar. If I don't eat every few hours I start to feel hungry. I think it's a byproduct of being used to eating often. I also found that when I switched to a different program (Westside) I became hungrier. So if you are new to frequent exercising, that could have something to do with it.
BTW being hungry makes bulking a LOT easier ;)

Lean-N-Mean
12-16-2006, 02:20 PM
Although I don't have to eat at night, I'm quite similar. If I don't eat every few hours I start to feel hungry. I think it's a byproduct of being used to eating often. I also found that when I switched to a different program (Westside) I became hungrier. So if you are new to frequent exercising, that could have something to do with it.
BTW being hungry makes bulking a LOT easier ;)

Not new to frequent excercising, it will be 2 years in February. However eating this much, that is very new to me. You do have a point about the hunger making it easier to bulk. It just sucks that it has to be borderline violent :D .

EvanH
12-16-2006, 02:37 PM
Try eating a full meal before bed. Maybe?

Lean-N-Mean
12-16-2006, 03:22 PM
Try eating a full meal before bed. Maybe?

Maybe that will do it, I'll give it a try, couldn't hurt.

RedSpikeyThing
12-16-2006, 04:59 PM
Maybe that will do it, I'll give it a try, couldn't hurt.

That could be why I don't wake up hungry (although I have, it's just rare). I always chow down before I got to bed. Definately eat before bed!