PDA

View Full Version : Family coming, what do I do?

beachmuscles
12-16-2006, 07:03 PM
OK For the average person a few family members coming for a week, is no big deal...But for a strict bodybuilder, it can cause confusion.

Heres the scenerio...I have relatives coming from next Wednesday night til Monday night. So basically I know we are going to have to eat out Friday, Saturday, and possibly Sunday night. And I think on Monday we are going to a barbeque at my Uncles (burgers/dogs).

Right now I'm trying to maintain 7% bf (where I'm at now) I've always done a few cheat meals a month usually 1 a week max.

What do I do if I have to cheat 4 times in 1 weekend? One night we are going to an Asian Restaurant (PF Changs) so I might be able to pull that one off clean...Should I just suck it up, and eat whatever...And then not have a cheat meal for a month after? What do you guys do in situations like this? It's not even so much the food choices, its just that I'm use to tallying up my carbs, calories, etc.

RedSpikeyThing
12-16-2006, 07:32 PM
Restaurants aren't a big deal. You're paying for your meal, you can get whatever you want. If they have something that looks close to what you want, just ask them to change it. They'll gladly change a potao to steamed vegetables, or fries for salad, etc.
As for the BBQ, just bring something yourself or bring something decent for the entire family (expensive, but possible).
Alternatively, you could let your diet go to **** and enjoy every second of it ;)

reloaded
12-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Not a big deal, just keep your meals conservative with a mid to low calorie count. If you're going out to eat, get steaks, chicken, or fish. If they only have BBQ or other gravy on chicken at the restaurant, ask to get the chicken without. Everybody has a salad bar so you can always go with a huge low-cal salad with vinegar-based dressing.

McIrish
12-17-2006, 07:43 AM
Beach, you're not going to lose your six-pack in one weekend, eh? Live a little.

Optimum08
12-17-2006, 11:11 AM
:withstupi

Unreal
12-17-2006, 11:16 AM
Even if you ate bad for a whole week your not going to probably see anything. I'm 9 weeks into a bulk, been eating pure crap most of the time and in 9 weeks barely notice any fat gains.

Bicster
12-17-2006, 11:30 AM
You dont have to eat everything on the plate either.

stepto180
12-17-2006, 06:56 PM
It depends why you are trying to stay at the bf if its just too look good I say cheat and eat the semi good things on the menu...if it for competition there is not excues to cheat that much its easy to cook a few chicken breast your self bring them and put them on a big salad you ordered...It can be done