PDA

View Full Version : 1 Criticism of ALN and ordering things

KingWilder
12-18-2006, 03:38 PM
I have no complaints about the products as they are top notch. However, one thing that has annoyed me the last few times is missing my package because I wasn't home.

Is there not a way that ALN could give us a tracking number so that we can see the status of what we ordered? I just hate playing tag with UPS and think that this is something that everyone could benefit from.

method115
12-18-2006, 03:57 PM
Yea I think in general everyone hates missing a package. It's usually something you've been waiting for and want as soon as possible. One of the downsides of buying online :mad:. Oh well things are so much cheaper though I don't mind playing a little game of tag.

Anyways if you really don't want to play tag and you trust the people who live near you, you can sign a piece of paper saying that can leave the package on the door and they will leave it in front of the door.

When I was living with my parents I even got them to put it inside my garage which I left unlocked, and then had them lock it from the inside and close the door. They did it all to, it was bad ass oh well, I'm not sure of your living situation so not sure if that will work.

KingWilder
12-18-2006, 04:00 PM
^that would be an option if I didn't live in an apartment complex which is primarily college students..currently nobody is home because everyone went home for the Holidays

EDIT: and in the long run depending on other people isn't that great of an option if you could know when the thing was supposed to arrive...even know the DAY of arrival would be a blessing

chris mason
12-18-2006, 06:04 PM
We are sorry about the inconvenience. When you place your order just note in the "comments" section that you want your tracking number and we will provide it.

Chris

KingWilder
12-18-2006, 06:05 PM
haha I didn't realize it was that easy, is it too late to find out?

chris mason
12-18-2006, 06:07 PM
haha I didn't realize it was that easy, is it too late to find out?

No, just PM me your real name.

Chris

FasTraxx94
01-08-2007, 06:08 PM
When I lived in an apartment off campus, if you were expecting a package you could usually just leave a post-it note on the door saying "please leave the package - X". That's usually what I did, unless it was something that specifically would not deliver without a signature.

Beast
01-08-2007, 08:38 PM
I just replied to the order confirmation email and they sent me the tracking number.