PDA

View Full Version : Best time to take creatine?

nthorpe
12-18-2006, 04:44 PM
Hey Guys,

Simple enough question, when should I be taking creatine monohydrate?

On none workout days I usually take 5g (powder) in the morning with whey and 30g of dextrose in a shake...

Ive heard it doesnt really matter when you take it, however on workout days, I've been taking it PWO, same method except 80g of dextrose...

Do you think im gunna see better results if I take it pre-workout? :confused:

Thanks guys

Lones Green
12-18-2006, 05:58 PM
wrong forum, but i think for what creatine does it'd be best to take it about 30 min pre workout.

Validus
12-18-2006, 07:06 PM
creatine is best taken post workout

honda2002civic
12-19-2006, 12:07 AM
i also agree this thread doesnt belong here...

BUT to answer ur question, my fathers personal trainer has recommended 30 minutes before to me and it worked great

nthorpe
12-19-2006, 03:20 AM
Sry about posting in the wrong place,

So 30 mins before training with dextrose like ive been doing is the best method?

malkore
12-19-2006, 02:08 PM
creatine doesn't start 'working' in 30 mins. creatine supplementation is all about increasing natural creatine levels in the body to saturation. you can do it fast via loading for 5 days, or normally, by taking it every day for 3 weeks.

so, if it takes that long to hit saturation, to get the real benefits of creatine...why would taking it 30 mins pre-workout have any effect on that days workout?

it won't.

post workout, the body CRAVES nutrition: carbs for glycogen and insulin spikes, protien for muscle repair...so its a good time to toss creatine in as well. replace the creatine you used up during your workout over the next 12 hours by supplementing POST workout.

it doesn't hurt to take it pre-workout either...just understand it won't affect that day's workout unless you take it 12 hours pre-workout (and even then, if you're already saturated, missing one day of creatine isn't noticable)