PDA

View Full Version : Frozen diners rule

AllNatural
02-12-2002, 05:17 PM
I just started eating these diners and they save time and thought into preparing a meal. I just look at the back of it and go ok, I could use 360 calories right now and bam- 5 min later I have a balanced meal. I ate 4 of them yesterday. I particularly like Boston market and lean cuisine. What are your thoughts on eating a lot of these meals? what are your favorites?

Tryska
02-12-2002, 05:42 PM
dinner = meal.

diner = a person who is eating a meal and/or a restaurant of a specific type.

please don't tell me you're eating people.

okay...anyways...i stay away from frozen dinners....too much crap i can't pronounce used to keep em fresh, too many preservatives, too much salt, and oh yeah..to much crap i can't pronounce in them.

Blood&Iron
02-12-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Tryska
dinner = meal.

please don't tell me you're eating people.

Yeah, but they're high in protein.

okay...anyways...i stay away from frozen dinners....too much crap i can't pronounce used to keep em fresh, too many preservatives, too much salt, and oh yeah..to much crap i can't pronounce in them.
Barry Sear's ZonePerfect Meals look like they might be okay(Never tried 'em myself.) Not frozen, which is kinda scary, but they're 40/30/30 and seem to be pretty free of crap.

In general, I'd agree though.

Fart Barker
02-12-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Tryska
dinner = meal.

I told myself when I saw the title of this thread, "I'll bet Tryska caught that." ;)

AllNatural
02-12-2002, 07:48 PM
Tryska you are right about the salt and the junk to keep it fresh, but they are sooo damn easy and good. Not bad ratios either on some of them.

Mr.Buttcheeks
02-12-2002, 08:17 PM
i think frozen dinners are soo damn overpriced i would just make a few caserols of beef or chicken or whatever eat them troughout the week. you would save a ton of money, get a good cookbook

TreeTrunks
02-12-2002, 08:30 PM
And I bet tryska never misspells a word too.

IceRgrrl
02-12-2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Buttcheeks
i think frozen dinners are soo damn overpriced i would just make a few caserols of beef or chicken or whatever eat them troughout the week. you would save a ton of money, get a good cookbook

Yeah, that's what does it for me, along with the excess sodium and other processed stuff...I guess frozen dinners wouldn't be bad as an emergency backup, for those times when you haven't gone to the grocery store in weeks and you ate your last can of tuna for breakfast...

I do the quantity cooking thing too...make big pots/pans/crockpots of stuff over the weekend and then eat leftovers all week along with the usual egg whites, oatmeal, tuna, wheat bread, wilde rice, cottage cheese staples. ;)

Tryska
02-13-2002, 04:03 AM
i don't actually misspell words....as i am an ace speller, but i certainly mistype them on a regular basis.

mr barker....i am ever on the watch for cannibalism. yes, i am.

my vote is for mr. buttcheek's idea. cook up a big pot of something, freeze it, eat it when you want. i tried this once a while back iwth lasagna. that worked pretty well.

syntekz
02-13-2002, 06:45 AM
Those things are full of preservatives, I've always been taught/told to stay away from them...

AllNatural
03-01-2002, 10:35 PM
I am addicted to Boston market frozen chicken and mashed potatos

the doc
03-01-2002, 10:58 PM
dont eat these things for the reasons mentioned...
its ok here and there but 4 in one day-bad idea

You'd be better making some good clean meals and freezing them yourself for later