PDA

View Full Version : in and out burger

dtshen
12-22-2006, 01:10 AM
how healthy is this place?

ive been going after my workouts. i usually order 4-5 hamburgers 1 fries and eat 1-2 after workout and then the rest throughout the next day.

are the fries still unhealthy? they fry them in vegetable oil, fresh potatoes.

stepto180
12-22-2006, 01:54 AM
well I dont know if you can consider anything from a fast food place healty

I took a few food classes last year and my teacher was adamant about the fact that if it was fried correctly ( in fresh oil and directly to the oil from the freezer I believe) that they actually werent much worse then baked potatoes

but If taste denotes fat percentage(which it normally does) those burgers are fatty and not good for you :burger: yummy

I bet the have nutritional facts online about them fast food stores are supposed to have them avaiable for you upon request too

RedSpikeyThing
12-22-2006, 09:08 AM
I'm going to vote no. Here's the nutritional info:
http://www.in-n-out.com/nutritional_info.asp

ArchAngel777
12-22-2006, 11:21 AM
Unless I know the ingredients in my food, I don't eat it. Therefore, I pretty much only eat what I cook and therefore, I do most of the cooking :P

Bicster
12-22-2006, 12:38 PM
this is a joke right?

Cirino83
12-22-2006, 02:09 PM
If it tastes good it probably isn't good for you. ;) Of course I don't mean that goes for all foods...but a lot...

Yeti Sandwich
12-22-2006, 02:28 PM
If the burgers have lettuce on them, then of course they're healthy.

robinhood
12-22-2006, 04:30 PM
4-5 Hamburgers (assuming reg hamburger/no cheese):
Calories:1560-1950
from fat:680-850
Total Fat:76-95
saturated:20-25
Cholesterol:160-200
Sodium:2600-3250
Carbs:156-195
sugar:40-50
fiber:12-15
Protein:64-80

1 Fries (just fries, no condiments):
Calories:400
from fat:160
Total Fat:18
saturated:5
Cholesterol:0
Sodium:245
Carbs:54
sugar:0
fiber:2
Protein:7

You do the math

CrazyK
12-22-2006, 10:40 PM
That's like asking "If I give head to a dude, would that mean I'm gay?". YOU ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER.

deeder
12-22-2006, 11:22 PM
Next time you go there, I want you to look around. If more than half of the customers are overweight, chances are you should not be there.

Actually... Even if you happen to catch them on a good day when a busload of models stops in to eat and puke, don't go there except for special occasions or something...

Unless you're like me and you just don't give a damn.. :)

dtshen
12-23-2006, 02:50 PM
well all of you have just said no, but havent explaiend why?

what about them is not healthy? don't they use good fresh beef?

ArchAngel777
12-23-2006, 04:45 PM
Next time you go there, I want you to look around. If more than half of the customers are overweight, chances are you should not be there.

Actually... Even if you happen to catch them on a good day when a busload of models stops in to eat and puke, don't go there except for special occasions or something...

Unless you're like me and you just don't give a damn.. :)

You do give a damn. You were paranoid not to long ago about being fat and went on a cut.

RedSpikeyThing
12-23-2006, 09:44 PM

Obsene amounts of crappy food. It's processed to hell and has practically no nutritional value. It's also calorie dense and pretty unsatisfying (in the "I need to feel full" way, not the "I really need a cheeseburger" way).

Lean-N-Mean
12-24-2006, 12:06 PM
If the burgers have lettuce on them, then of course they're healthy.

:clap:

Unreal
12-24-2006, 04:12 PM
Obsene amounts of crappy food. It's processed to hell and has practically no nutritional value. It's also calorie dense and pretty unsatisfying (in the "I need to feel full" way, not the "I really need a cheeseburger" way).

I wouldn't say processed to hell. In and out makes all there stuff fresh. Fresh tomatoes, beef and all that. Never frozen, all made fresh daily. Now if you don't understand while a greasy cheeseburger is bad for you, you need to do some reading.

Levantar
12-24-2006, 05:28 PM

A menu of the nutritional information from the "in and out burger" was posted (a link to it anyway) and that should have given you the "why" part.

deeder
12-24-2006, 05:43 PM
You do give a damn. You were paranoid not to long ago about being fat and went on a cut.

I'm glad you decided to contribute to this thread.

My cut started last January and ended within 3 months. I was not paranoid about being fat. I was getting beyond my own personal comfort levels at the time. What that had to do with fast food I do not know.

I wasn't saying I didn't care about fat gains (because you're right, I care very much) but rather that I don't care about how unhealthy the food is.

Now, if you'd like to contribute anything useful, you're more than welcome!

RedSpikeyThing
12-24-2006, 09:23 PM
I wouldn't say processed to hell. In and out makes all there stuff fresh. Fresh tomatoes, beef and all that. Never frozen, all made fresh daily. Now if you don't understand while a greasy cheeseburger is bad for you, you need to do some reading.

I guess I made a bad assumption....I thought it was like every other fast food burger place.

OP: Make your own burgers....so much better! Lean ground beef on the foreman grill, whatever toppings you like, whole wheat bread, etc. They taste great and are cheaper too.

Optimum08
12-28-2006, 05:55 PM
:withstupi