PDA

View Full Version : Water dilemma...

Vvitto
02-12-2002, 06:50 PM
This is an excerpt from an article found on the internet:

"Chlorine which is found in our tap water is linked to colon, rectal, bladder, and prostate cancer. When ingested, chlorine kills friendly bacteria in the stomach and colon."

My question is if sparkling water would be a good substituent for tap water?

Do you guys drink tap water or bottled water?

I srink sparkling water mostly, and Iwas wondering if that would be Ok as a water intake, instead of regular water?

Shocker
02-12-2002, 06:58 PM
I wonder if this would depend on where you live.

I imagine that the quality of water in some cities would be better than others as would the quality varies between houses due to the ages of pipes etc.

I have a strange thing where I love the taste of running water as opposed to drinking from a glass, so I always drink from the tap. Hope I dont get cancer.:eek:

TreeTrunks
02-12-2002, 07:46 PM
Oh my god!!!!! Do scientist just sit on there butts all day and proclaim that everything causes cancer!?! Hav eyou ever heard of anyone getting cancer from drinking tap water? unless you live in new jersey. and yes I have been there so I know its a crappy looking state.

Vvitto
02-12-2002, 07:57 PM
I guess it is a scare in order to promote their filtered water and carbonated water..

Any opinions about drinking sparkling water?

TreeTrunks
02-12-2002, 07:59 PM
Personally if you have the money go for it. I love the taste of mountain/spring/sparkling water better than tap water. Problem is it is really expensive but damn good water. I wish I had a mountain spring running outside my house.

syntekz
02-13-2002, 06:35 AM
I've actually seen documentaries on this sort of thing. Where entire families have gotten sick from drinking the city water.
For most of us, I don't think it matters.

Fresh water isn't too expensive. Invest in a water machine and save yourself some money. Or some sort of filtration system for you fridge/sink...

Tryska
02-13-2002, 06:37 AM
get a britta water filtration thingie.