PDA

View Full Version : I was tattooed today, here it is as requested

LivinItUp
12-22-2006, 02:04 AM
So after thinking about a tattoo for around 6 months, and finally coming to a decision...having gone through so many changes in life this is what I've come up with and it came out just how I wanted! I absolutely love it, and so far everyone else has too! If you've got any bad things to say about it, I just ask you hold back your comments, please. Thanks a lot guys.
-Philly aka Livin' it up
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/bf7eb13b76.jpg
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/1953/tatneg1kl7.jpg
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4675/tattoo1dz3.jpg
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2378/12220600151er0.jpg
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/945/12220601411lv5.jpg

Overhead shot
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/8efb8aa635.jpg

getfit
12-22-2006, 02:51 AM
That looks nice.How long did it take?

tomv
12-22-2006, 03:14 AM
Pics are a bit grainy but it looks awesome man. Compliments your tanky shoulders =P. What is it though? Bit intricate to make out through these pictures.

LivinItUp
12-22-2006, 05:05 AM
That looks nice.How long did it take?

Thanks getfit and tomv

1.)3 hours, he took about two 5min. smoke breaks otherwise we were rockin'

2.)It's ideas gathered from several Tribal sort of designs, then he free handed on me with a marker. From there, we took off some, drew again, and kept editing until we got what you see

tomv
12-22-2006, 06:46 AM
Ace, looks sugar!

Three
12-22-2006, 07:48 AM
Man, that ink friggin rocks!

Sidior
12-22-2006, 08:00 AM
Nice ink bro, 3 hours is ****ing quick for the size of that.

Fuzzy
12-22-2006, 08:34 AM
SO getting a tat!

That rocks!!

Jordanbcool
12-22-2006, 08:37 AM
Nice man. I like it, looks great.

sharkall2003
12-22-2006, 08:54 AM
So is it on both sides of your body? I'm looking at the pictures and it looks like you had to tattoos, one on each shoulder, put on.

Sidior
12-22-2006, 09:01 AM
So is it on both sides of your body? I'm looking at the pictures and it looks like you had to tattoos, one on each shoulder, put on.

I think it is just one shoulder. It just looks like both because the first pic was shot normally while the other two were in a mirror.

Cirino83
12-22-2006, 09:02 AM
Looks pretty sick. Pretty extreme for a first tat ;)

Are you guna get it colored?

pipes
12-22-2006, 09:03 AM
Looks really nice. he did a good job.

McIrish
12-22-2006, 09:04 AM
Looks pretty sick. Pretty extreme for a first tat ;)

Yeah, no kidding. I thought most people started small and then went for a large-scale one. Either way, congrats.

LivinItUp
12-22-2006, 09:27 AM
Some of the artists there were caught a bit off guard that I wanted one that size too, I had my mind made up before I ever walked in, but they liked the idea haha. The free hand turned out better than we thought it would too!

It's just one side, the phone pics are inversed due to the mirror effect :/

I just went all out, I'm crazy. my myspace is onecrazymofo1101 even, haha.

I think it's going to be not so tempting to get anymore since I am really pleased with this one and it covers so much area!

It's true, he worked really fast he may have cranked the thing up a notch in my opinion because that **** started hurting more after 30mins or so all the sudden. I didn't say anythin' though I'd rather get it done with, the side hurt the most I'd say.

Right now, I'm happy with it...maybe later on down the road I can get it colored. One little idea I just thought of would be to fill it in with some sort of marker...I could do different colors for different occasions, or some sort of paint that looks like a tat, haha...I don't know if it'd work, but whatev.

Thanks for the comments guys! The only negatives I have is my dad and my older sister, but they're very conservative about tattoos in general and would bash it no matter what I got :ninja:

WBBIRL
12-22-2006, 12:08 PM
Nice, this is what I want. Perhaps on my upper bi just high enough so that you cant see it when I'm wearing a shirt.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a365/Starpatr25/new%20pics/PICT0003.jpg

Xand
12-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Nice Ink. Congrats.

McVein
12-22-2006, 01:44 PM
how come its on a different side in the first and 2nd pic?

LivinItUp
12-22-2006, 01:52 PM
how come its on a different side in the first and 2nd pic?

Mirror

McVein
12-22-2006, 02:26 PM
* makes way to "what stupid thing did you do today" thread *

OneBadUnit
12-22-2006, 03:37 PM
Looks good

Detard
12-22-2006, 04:16 PM
looks good man. i like it alot.

LivinItUp
12-22-2006, 04:44 PM
Thanks!!

I think I'm being given signs to not go workout, haha. There's now about 5 different reasons why I can't, one being the tattoo. So, I'm going to chill for at least this week, I haven't done that in a long time and my body probably hates me for it.

The Great
12-22-2006, 04:44 PM
Not something I would get but It looks good on ya dude. You should color it in red.

LivinItUp
12-22-2006, 04:48 PM
Not something I would get but It looks good on ya dude.

Oh yeah bro I am sure most people wouldn't get it. It took a lot to get me to really want this, lots of changes etc. and I'm sure it takes a lot to not hesitate about it either, it doesn't exactly feel good to sit there for hours on end with a series of needles being sliced and massaged through your skin. just a personal thing when it comes down to it.

The Great
12-22-2006, 04:52 PM
Oh yeah bro I am sure most people wouldn't get it. It took a lot to get me to really want this, lots of changes etc. and I'm sure it takes a lot to not hesitate about it either, it doesn't exactly feel good to sit there for hours on end with a series of needles being sliced and massaged through your skin. just a personal thing when it comes down to it.

I am not mocking it, It looks good on you and I am sure it takes a lot to get a tat like that. You get props in my book Bra.

Fuzzy
12-22-2006, 05:11 PM
Leave it tree boy!

I think if you start adding colour and stuff it could end being ruined and looking kinda tacky.

God thats such an awesome tat...

FreeRider
12-22-2006, 05:15 PM
Looks sweet dude,
I have always like tribal...if I ever get one thats definatly what I am doing. Need more "canvas" before I ever get a tat tho.:p Looks sweet on the shoulder tho...definatly a good choice.

Jinkies
12-22-2006, 05:50 PM
Badass ink job, similar to what im hoping to get once I have the shoulders and back for it.

LivinItUp
12-22-2006, 06:02 PM
I am not mocking it, It looks good on you and I am sure it takes a lot to get a tat like that. You get props in my book Bra.

Haha, no worres The Great!! I Didn't think you were mocking it or anything, I was just saying I understand how a lot of people wouldn't get one like this. It is pretty big for a first tat even. It's just all dependant on the person.

I expect some people to frown upon it of course, that's just the way it is. But I've reached the point where I am not concerned with that because they wouldn't understand where I'm coming from if they do.

FreeRider - thanks man. I can't remember where I got the idea of having it flow the way it does, and I couldn't find any on the net that look like that :/ I had a visual in my mind and I even drew on myself with a marker to get a very broad idea of what it'd look like.

Fuzzy - I'm probably going to be happy with it the way it is for a long while. I was saying I'd fiddle around with markers for a *long ass time before i ever considered adding anything. ****, I could just color it in myself if it looks good (with temporary coloring) and wash it off later! That's what's so glorious about it.

Jinkies - Aren't you huge man? Either way that's for you to decide :thumbup:

Gabrielle
12-22-2006, 06:10 PM
as others have mentioned, that is pretty extreme for a 1st tat. Really great job for 3 hours and free hand I must say, props to the tattoo artist.

HeavyBomber
12-22-2006, 06:10 PM
Nice, a little big for my taste but that's just me.
My wife wants me to get an arm band tat. I have 20 inch arms, sure it'll look good now but what happens when I get older and my arms become more normal size. Will it look like crap?

View 1
12-22-2006, 06:19 PM
Looks good, while I am not a fan of tribal, it still looks good.

LivinItUp
12-22-2006, 06:46 PM
as others have mentioned, that is pretty extreme for a 1st tat. Really great job for 3 hours and free hand I must say, props to the tattoo artist.

He was moving fast, he even admitted he was, I think he was in a pretty good mood, it was a very chill environment and everyone was outgoing and having fun. The artist was awesome, was full mexican and I'm 3/4 so we talked about where we're all from etc. and he was in iraq and afghanistan wow I mispelled that one, and two of sisters have boyfriends who were in iraq, one of which still is there.

Also, I had a big stretch mark that looked like a slash on the front of my shoulder, so we covered that! Also I have 3 on my back, the biggest one that goes horizontal was covered as well at my mid back. Good stuff.

Heavybomber - You're an animal. A lot of people ask that question and my response is usually something along the lines of this. I've already decided I'm going to have a very similar body to my peak condition at least into my forties, which is most definately maintainable. Even if not, mid thirties is no prob. By then, hopefully I'm married anyway and if not, and I've lost my shape...I sure as hell am not going to strut around with my shirt off. So, what's it going to look like when I get old? What gives?

Honestly I don't know how the armband works if your arms shrink. It could be motivation to try your best to keep your size if ya get one though, haha!! Curling like a Mfer - c'mon!!!must...keeep....armband....looking....nooormal..ahhh

View 1 - Thanks :hello:

EvanH
12-22-2006, 07:19 PM
Glad to see you took time to figure out what you want.:rolleyes:

It looks good though.

Built
12-22-2006, 08:33 PM
That looks SO friggin' amazing!

I bet you can't WAIT for summer now!!!

bloodninja
12-22-2006, 09:19 PM
I could have swore I posted in here last night when it was just the one pic...

Anyway, that guy did some awesome line work on you.

LivinItUp
12-22-2006, 10:10 PM
That looks SO friggin' amazing!

I bet you can't WAIT for summer now!!!

Hell yeah built!! It'll be fun times :) a big attention getter to and I've kind of grown to like attention haha!

My friends were just makin' fun of me saying I have a reason to take off my shirt a lot now. They loved it though!

Bloodninja - He did the negative, because I did not want it filled in at all like most you see. Also, it's shaded :bow:

You did post last night, but I was having issues with my browser and I double posted somehow. That one was deleted entirely.

-My dad is still totally against it, he won't even look at it. hehe :/

Beast
12-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Wow, you went all out!

LivinItUp
12-23-2006, 09:14 AM
+1 new pic I added.

My dad's new cell phone has the cool effect of negative, so it brings out a little detail and some coolness, :cool:

Davidelmo
12-23-2006, 01:36 PM
Sorry, I think it looks ridiculous. Just my personal opinion. I never really "get" tattooes to be honest.

tomv
12-23-2006, 01:37 PM
My wife wants me to get an arm band tat. I have 20 inch arms, sure it'll look good now but what happens when I get older and my arms become more normal size. Will it look like crap?

I reckon you should go for it mate. Considering how long you have been lifting, your current size and also your dedication to lifting (thus I am assuming you will continue for a while) your arms will always remain a very respectable size. If you get it a little bit higher up the bicep it could be hidden by most of your t-shirts anyway and only be seen when you are at the beach or wearin' a tank top, which is a great time to show off the guns anyhow ;-).

Built
12-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Sorry, I think it looks ridiculous. Just my personal opinion. I never really "get" tattooes to be honest.

Wearable art on a moving sculpture.

What's to get?

Sidior
12-23-2006, 02:59 PM

Wearable art on a moving sculpture.

What's to get?

Yup, it's like saying you don't get the point of a painting.

LivinItUp
12-23-2006, 03:44 PM

"So after thinking about a tattoo for around 6 months, and finally coming to a decision...having gone through so many changes in life this is what I've come up with and it came out just how I wanted! I absolutely love it, and so far everyone else has too! If you've got any bad things to say about it, I just ask you hold back your comments, please. Thanks a lot guys."
-Philly aka Livin' it up

I can't really start arguing about the personal meaning of it to me, mostly because it's personal and I don't really need anyone telling me otherwise. I think I posted in here somewhere that people who don't understand getting tattoos aren't worth explaining to anyways because they won't be able to fully comprehend what I'll be saying and where I'm coming from.

TwiloMike
12-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Whoa, that actually looks really really nice! I'm not a big fan of most tribal tatts because they seem to be a dime a dozen and not very creative. I love what you put on yourself, though. Rock on!

LivinItUp
12-23-2006, 06:08 PM
Whoa, that actually looks really really nice! I'm not a big fan of most tribal tatts because they seem to be a dime a dozen and not very creative. I love what you put on yourself, though. Rock on!

I hear ya on that man, and thanks!! I tried to put variation into and as much as I could, and make it flow in a way you don't see too often on people. It looks like just a shoulder tat with a cut off muscle shirt :) :indian: :indian: :indian:

WORLD
12-23-2006, 06:43 PM
I just got inked too.. thats real nice though, theres not a lot of tribal pieces that I think look good. It wraps around your shoulder nicely. The mistake I made was to get one around my shoulder, not considering that I would grow. Now it looks small.. but you wont have that problem with your tat its nice n big..

HeavyBomber
12-23-2006, 07:03 PM
...[clip]...A lot of people ask that question and my response is usually something along the lines of this. I've already decided I'm going to have a very similar body to my peak condition at least into my forties, which is most definately maintainable. Even if not, mid thirties is no prob. By then, hopefully I'm married anyway and if not, and I've lost my shape...I sure as hell am not going to strut around with my shirt off. So, what's it going to look like when I get old? What gives?

Honestly I don't know how the armband works if your arms shrink. It could be motivation to try your best to keep your size if ya get one though, haha!! Curling like a Mfer - c'mon!!!must...keeep....armband....looking....nooormal..ahhh

LOLOL

WBBIRL
12-24-2006, 04:54 AM
I agree man. There are probably smokers who rag on people who get tattoo's... while I shake my head even thinking about the notion.

There are FAR worse things that people do to/with their bodies on a daily basis and as long as you don't go overboard then I say why not. I currently plan on getting that Jesse James tattoo on my bicep/shoulder but I don't feel that I've seen enough designs yet to make a decision.

I was also tinkering around with the idea of a long horn logo in same said area or the firebird phoenix. I dont want anything tribal ish or japanese looking ish... those types of tats dont interest me.

I think it was your choice, and you made the one you thought was right at the time. It looks good on you, and as long as you like it then to hell with everyone else who seems to think otherwise. In 10 years you may regret it, but so what? It probably wont be the worst mistake you make (if you ever view it as that) by far.

Fuzzy
12-24-2006, 06:09 AM
I think with tats, make it mean something.

For me, Ill be getting my family crest on my upper arm.

And Ill be getting a very symbolic idol across my heart, cause it means alot to me, and how Ive been raised.

Arabic writing alongmy right arm ه شة فاث لاثسفثسف سفقثخىلثس

that would look awesome!

LivinItUp
12-24-2006, 11:54 AM

And Ill be getting a very symbolic idol across my heart, cause it means alot to me, and how Ive been raised.

that would look awesome!

You've got it all figured out Fuzzy Wuzzy
Mine has so much meaning and depth it'd take me hours to explain
That's why it is contoured to the shape of my body
I wear this change with pride, not just mark myself

**********+1 NEW XMAS PIC ADDED, I USED A DIGITAL CAMERA CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?********
-end caps lock warfare

Merry Christmas Eve!!

Sidior
12-24-2006, 12:03 PM

that would look awesome!

That would look cool bro. I think one point to remember is that not all tattoos have to mean something, some people just want to wear a piece of artwork on their body they are proud to display.

LivinItUp
12-24-2006, 01:04 PM
That would look cool bro. I think one point to remember is that not all tattoos have to mean something, some people just want to wear a piece of artwork on their body they are proud to display.

While that is true, a lot of people who get them without meaning eventually want to have them removed or don't like them later down the road. The reason behind important meaning is so that it lasts for life, since it'll be there forever.

delish
12-24-2006, 01:52 PM
looks awesome man

Sidior
12-24-2006, 04:56 PM
While that is true, a lot of people who get them without meaning eventually want to have them removed or don't like them later down the road. The reason behind important meaning is so that it lasts for life, since it'll be there forever.

I have both kinds and Im equally as happy with them.

JayLuke
01-02-2007, 08:07 AM
That looks smart mate. You getting it filled or you leaving it like that mate?

ericg
01-02-2007, 08:25 AM
Nice work. If YOU like it that is all that counts.

BigRic
01-03-2007, 02:41 AM
I think it's funny people say bad things about tatoos and wanting to have it removed. I could understand getting something about a relationship tattooed wanting to be removed but I sometimes forget I have a tatoo on my arm it isn't even something I think about anymore it's just a part of me.
Edit: I forget to mention your tattoos awesome and I wanted to add something like that to my shoulder/arm to innovate my one tattoo into my chest and back.
And two questions: Was it hard to sleep for the first couple nights because of the location?
How hard was it to clean some of the spots towards the inner back did u have difficulty reaching them?

LivinItUp
01-03-2007, 05:02 AM
I think it's funny people say bad things about tatoos and wanting to have it removed. I could understand getting something about a relationship tattooed wanting to be removed but I sometimes forget I have a tatoo on my arm it isn't even something I think about anymore it's just a part of me.
Edit: I forget to mention your tattoos awesome and I wanted to add something like that to my shoulder/arm to innovate my one tattoo into my chest and back.
And two questions: Was it hard to sleep for the first couple nights because of the location?
How hard was it to clean some of the spots towards the inner back did u have difficulty reaching them?

I didn't find it hard to sleep at all, I wrapped myself in ceran wrap and passed out, hehe. There really wasn't any pain, it was just sore if I pressed on it...so long as I lied down slowly I was good to go!

I had my sister help to get the middle part for the first few days. After that, I am pretty flexible, and I managed just fine on my own. Considering I washed it about 6 times a day, most of the time for those few inches I couldn't quite reach at first...I'd just let water and soap roll down my back.

True, tattoos are everywhere these days. I can't feel mine either and no one will ever see it unless I want them to. My mindset is that it'll be more admired than looked down upon..and if it's frowned at then it'll probably be from randoms I don't know because soo far all of my friends love it.

-About getting it filled in...I'm starting to think it'll give it a more edgy look and sharp filled in. I'll consider it for a while before I actually do it..but for now I'm happy.