PDA

View Full Version : Drinking Milk

down420
12-22-2006, 02:53 PM
Hey guys. So I'm sticking to my routine. I am now at 130 pounds and trying to reach 150. I am drinking milk with every meal and then a glass at night...so about 4 glasses a day. Is this ok to do?

Cirino83
12-22-2006, 03:01 PM
It's fine. Drink more and eat even more.

KingWilder
12-22-2006, 03:44 PM
I love milk

drink up

neon
12-22-2006, 03:48 PM
In the book I just got, Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe, he recommends drinking a gallon of milk a day and shutting down a buffet atleast 2 times a week. Lol

down420
12-22-2006, 03:58 PM
Haha right on. Well I'm eating A LOT so hopefully I'll meet my goal pretty soon. I dont know about a gallon of milk a day, thats quite a bit. Funny story though..I had a friend who thought he could drink a whole gallon of milk in one sitting. Turns out its physically impossible.

KingWilder
12-22-2006, 04:28 PM
yes, it is...and it produces the worst smelling puke ever...esp. if you use whole milk

neon
12-22-2006, 05:00 PM
haha

deeder
12-22-2006, 11:18 PM
Haha right on. Well I'm eating A LOT so hopefully I'll meet my goal pretty soon. I dont know about a gallon of milk a day, thats quite a bit. Funny story though..I had a friend who thought he could drink a whole gallon of milk in one sitting. Turns out its physically impossible.

Does your friend happen to be on Jackass? If I'm not mistaken they did this...

clash
12-23-2006, 09:43 PM
is it honestly IMPOSSIBLE to drink a gallon of milk?....ive always wanted to try cuz i love milk and dont see it being impossible

Stumprrp
12-23-2006, 10:18 PM
is it honestly IMPOSSIBLE to drink a gallon of milk?....ive always wanted to try cuz i love milk and dont see it being impossible

spread out the day its fine as long as you have no problems with milk, i could drink 2 gallons if i wanted to but id poop a bit lol.

Howard 9
12-24-2006, 09:43 AM

lol yes i have tried it, it is refered to as the "gallon challenge" it is physically impossible. None of my friends could do it either.

Howard 9
12-24-2006, 09:43 AM

Not in a day, but in an hour yes. Thats what the gallon challenge is, one gallon in one hour. Has to be whole milk too.

BalancedMan
12-26-2006, 05:05 AM
Impossible? Maybe for some, but I'm sure some people could do it. Takeru Kobayashi (world champion eater) could probably do it, and I've heard of someone drinking it and keeping it down for over an hour before he puked (it was for a bet).

Anyways...milk is the best substance. Ever.

pampama
12-31-2006, 08:38 AM
in milk are also a lot of vitamins!

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
12-31-2006, 10:59 AM
You can die from drinking too much liquid in a very short period of time...or puke a lot. I'd rather do neither.

KingWilder
12-31-2006, 11:36 AM
the newspaper for our school did the gallon challenge
they used whole milk, skim milk, and water

EVERYONE threw up...the whole milk drinker just experienced more pain than the others haha

Julian26
12-31-2006, 08:20 PM
Sure milk is good for you, but pound for pound maybe a protein shake is better, if bulking is what you want.

scarz-nice links!

01-01-2007, 12:54 AM
mmmmmmilk

Stumprrp
01-01-2007, 09:28 AM
for anyone that asks me what to do to put on some weight the first thing i reccomend is increasing whole milk consumption, i usually say start by adding about 1/4 gallon.

RedSpikeyThing
01-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Sure milk is good for you, but pound for pound maybe a protein shake is better, if bulking is what you want.

Why do you say that?

Julian26
01-01-2007, 08:15 PM
Why do you say that?

Down420 wants to gain 20 pounds.

8oz milk = 120cals, 8 grams protein
8oz protein shake = 130 cals, 24 grams protein (On whey one scoop)

You can't always have a protein shake for lots of reasons. No access to a blender, you're at work, whatever. In that case, milk is great. I'll take myself as an example. Before I can gain even an ounce, I have to consume 3500+calories, and over 200 grams of protein. I get that from chicken, tuna, peanut butter, and protein shakes. My current weight is 140, so my macros are close to down420's, and I'm gonna take a wild guess that he doesn't want to be a skinny runt like me for the rest of his life. In order for him to get to 150, he needs at least 1.5 grams per pound = 195 grams a day. That's a lot of milk. haha

Eating that much is a lot of effort. Packing in as many nutrients as you can in order to get there IMO, is the name of the game. Sometimes you make your diet, sometimes you blow it. Live and learn.

I hope no one mixes milk with their protein! (Insert puking smilie face here)
Cheers.:)

oh, sweet stats RedSpikeything! dang, I am such a wimp! (out of shape, mostly):cry: :cry:

RedSpikeyThing
01-01-2007, 09:00 PM
You're on the right track, but I don't think your original post was what you meant.

pound for pound maybe a protein shake is better, if bulking is what you want

In the world of weight management, the calorie is king. Eat more = gain. Eat less = loss. What you eat and how you eat determines your body composition.
I think your analysis was a little shallow. Both are good, but it really depends when and how your diet looks already.

Oh and thanks :) Have a look at some of the journals around here for some crazy numbers. KevinStarke is ~150 lbs and blows just about everyone out of the water.