PDA

View Full Version : low energy throughout the day

Chris Rodgers
02-12-2002, 07:50 PM
I have been noticing for a while that I have very low energy late in the day. Like tonight for example, it was only 7:30 while I was sitting in class and had to fight to stay awake. I've been getting plenty of sleep, last night I had 8-9 hours. I think it is my diet. I am not going to post it, because it hasn't really been and set diet for a while. I have kinda been eating whatever(fairly clean though). When I train, I have a ton of energy and it lasts for a while after the session. Other than that I always seem tired, like I could go to sleep whenever.

What I want to know is what types of carbs and in what amounts will give me sufficient energy to be alert in my classes and at work, but not be too much to make me sleepy. I am looking to gain strength and another 5 lbs or so, so I realize I need adequate carbs. List some carbs that would be good and in what amounts. I like the feeling of training in the morning on no carbs and then I have carbs after. It's what I eat after that point that I need tips on. Thank you.

TreeTrunks
02-12-2002, 07:53 PM
Latman I've had the same prob lately. I have been getting at least 8 hours of sleep a night this semester and I fight to stay awake all day. Last semester I was getting 5-6 hours of sleep a night and went strong all day and had tons of energy for my workouts. My diet was pretty much the same. I haven't started my low calorie diet yet so I still soncume 2600-2700 calories a day. I have been wondering the same thing.

Qea
02-12-2002, 09:14 PM
When i was doing that pathetically-low-carb NHE diet, my mental and energy levels were way up high.

Not that its of any relevance if you're taking carbs, but thought it might help ;)

aeckhardt
02-12-2002, 09:19 PM
Yeah I find that carbs make me drowsy.

YatesNightBlade
02-13-2002, 03:01 AM
Ensure your getting at least a couple of LOW GI carbs meal in you during the day for constant energy release. Brown Rice is a good choice.

Tryska
02-13-2002, 04:45 AM
right......it might actually be the carbs in the amounts and types you choose that are making you drowsy.

Pup
02-13-2002, 05:44 AM
Yep, them high GI carbs will make you crash quicker than a heroin junkie. Do like yates said and hit the low GI carbs, maybe get some fibrous ones in there too, green veggies, etc.

Chris Rodgers
02-13-2002, 07:21 AM
Whole wheat bread a good choice?

YatesNightBlade
02-13-2002, 07:37 AM
Not bad ...... but there's better. Oats or like Pup said .... some fiberious ones would be nice, maybe mixed with some brown rice. If that fails ... you could live off speed. It would keep you awake all day .... ready for your night shift in the blue oyster bar.

Chris Rodgers
02-13-2002, 10:15 AM
Hells yeah. Is that place in NYC? If you ever come to the island we can hit it up, lol!

YatesNightBlade
02-14-2002, 02:51 AM
Yup. I'm coming in the last week in august. We'll hit it ...... I'm gonna walk in with 2 dustbin lids on .... and nothing else.