PDA

View Full Version : Rowers?

lecithin
12-23-2006, 01:27 AM
Just wondering out of curiousity, how many rowers are there here?
Only they would understand the pain of the erg.

Anthony
12-23-2006, 09:30 AM
I'm not a rower, but I row. :)

EvanH
12-23-2006, 11:05 AM
Talk to Fuzzy.

Fuzzy
12-23-2006, 06:14 PM
Talk to Fuzzy.

THANK YOU!!! hahaha

and yes bro, i know the pain :d i live and breathe the sport.

6:39 on the 2k, that hurt like a mother ****er!!!

so whats ur stats man?

HammDoggy
12-23-2006, 06:20 PM
6:39 on the 2k

thats a ****ing good effort dood, i usually only do it in 1, 3 or 5 minute bursts and bests are about 320, 880 and 1375.

you are going better than a 300 minute the whole time, that is huge

Fuzzy
12-23-2006, 06:28 PM
hehe... im not kidding, i was vomiting and couldent breathe after that.

The dream is 6:15... ouch.

lecithin
12-23-2006, 07:42 PM
ugh, I was a Div 1 rower in college, so I know the erg like the back of my hand, my best 2k was a 6:26.8 and I remember my 6k being around 20:59? Just thought itd be funny to see if anyone else rowed a ton, its my 5th year of experience but figure its something I'll be doing til I'm 80 haha

and literally rolling off the erg and onto the floor for the next 10 minutes is fun stuff haha

Fuzzy
12-23-2006, 08:02 PM
6:26.8!!! you beast!!!!

Man that must have hurt, and anything under 21 is incredible on a 6k, far out man, much congrats!

So Im guessing your in the 8s...lucky, Im stroke and captain of a heavy weight junior quad (IM THE SMALLEST) finally get into the 8s next year, Im sick of this little pee wee scull oars and stuff.

I think youll understand this[

"Orright fellas, hands on the boat, flipping straight to head, on 2, 1, 2!"

Leaving me hepless under the boat while the other three tree like freaks take it out... grrr.

Good to have a fellow rower :D!!!

lecithin
12-23-2006, 08:10 PM
thanks man, you aren't doing bad yourself, my height helps a decent bit, I'm usually in the 8's at 6 or 4 (port obviously :P) I don't mind it, 4's arent my thing haha, one bad man and it'll never be set and you won't get a clean stroke off

you guys use Vespoli and Hudson and all that down in Australia?

Fuzzy
12-23-2006, 08:34 PM
And agreed on the fours! I had to row with one of the very bad senior crews right after my race. Even though I was exhausted every time Id stroke (thats if i got a stroke!!!) id end up turning the boat.

lecithin
12-23-2006, 09:11 PM
4's take a lot of precision haha

Fuzzy
12-23-2006, 09:26 PM
ever rowed a pair? GOOD, i thought singles were unstable, those things were impossible.

Your screaming at the other guy, DONT CHECK IT... he checks it and you flip.

lecithin
12-23-2006, 09:34 PM
I rowed a single once, amusingly horrible at it, and a pair twice, also amusing, never competitively

cphafner
12-24-2006, 09:35 AM
I rowed in HS. I actually started at as a cox due to being a shrimp. My junior and senior year I rowed a double. I was still tiny at 5' 8 140lbs, but we did ok. My partner and I junior year were just a great duo. If he had stuck around for senior year we could have given some guys a run for their money. We used to practice with a neighboring school, which had one of the 10 best men's doubles in the country. I remember beating them in a race at practice. They were all bent out of shape. Their coach came over and told us how pissed they were, and how proud we was of us. Of course our coach was watching our top women's double (finished top 5 at nationals) and never paid any attention to us. My partner quit basically because of our coach. He played favorites, and didn't like you unless your were over 6' tall. I wound up working with my other school's coach as much as possible. I would like to get back in a boat. It's such great cardio, and nothing is better than rowing across a perfectly calm harbor.

cphafner
12-24-2006, 09:38 AM
I rowed in HS. I actually started at as a cox due to being a shrimp. My junior and senior year I rowed a double. I was still tiny at 5' 8 140lbs, but we did ok. My partner and I junior year were just a great duo. If he had stuck around for senior year we could have given some guys a run for their money. We used to practice with a neighboring school, which had one of the 10 best men's doubles in the country. I remember beating them in a race at practice. They were all bent out of shape. Their coach came over and told us how pissed they were, and how proud we was of us. Of course our coach was watching our top women's double (finished top 5 at nationals) and never paid any attention to us. My partner quit basically because of our coach. He played favorites, and didn't like you unless your were over 6' tall. I wound up working with my other school's coach as much as possible. I would like to get back in a boat. It's such great cardio, and nothing is better than rowing across a perfectly calm harbor.

BTW, where I grew up was considered one of the best places to row on the east coast. We had a narrow harbor that was protected to the north and south. The wind barely ripped though. It was also a nature preserve, so no motor boats were allowed in the harbor. It was our own little rowing heaven, and just about a perfect 2500 meter course.

lecithin
12-24-2006, 11:44 PM
where I grew up, nobody expected a good team to form(the Cuyahoga river lacks straight stretches), so therefore they were quite surprised when we started winning Midwest Championships one after another (3 during my 4 years at St.Ignatius Cleveland) and finish a Jr 4 in 1st at Nationals, and my most beloved memory of all, going to Stotes and kicking some Eastern ass haha (although admittedly not the best there haha :( )