PDA

View Full Version : Velocity Diet Challenge

KingWilder
12-25-2006, 11:12 PM
Okay, well here's the deal. There are a few challenge threads lately and I figured what better way to kick off the New Year than with the 28 day Velocity Diet Challenge since a lot of people are going to start cutting anyways.

There's an inspirational story on the ALN website about Mike (http://www.atlargenutrition.com/mike_symons.php) (phat_mike , I believe) on these forums who did this and had amazing results.

Obviously this challenge will be more motivational than anything, but we could still find a way to declare a winner if anyone could think of a good idea.

Before and After pics would help, but are not required...just really need a starting weight and ending weight (and possibly bf% change if known).

Velocity Diet Link (http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=546491)

I'm ordering the Fat Loss Stack (since it is 15% off) and I'll use that for the 28 day diet along with some fish oil caps (although I might use my Nitor that I already bought).

I'll probably stick to my 4 day routine, but I might end up switching to a 3 day routine depending on how I feel.

In any event this should be interesting...if no one else wants to participate we can just delete this thread or let it die and forget it ever happened :rolleyes:

soultran
12-25-2006, 11:45 PM
i would love to do this challenge. i have tried doing this diet, but was able to stay on it for 3 days at a time.
I only used whey for the protein instead of the recommended casein because i can get whey for half the price.

i come back from a cruise(gonna eat like crazy) january 9th so i will start from there.

questions:
i was thinking of getting casein and mixing half/half whey for my shakes hoping that it would help me stay on the diet, any suggestions?

Spourk
12-26-2006, 02:05 AM
Nitrean :)

Clifford Gillmore
12-26-2006, 03:00 AM
I'll accept the challenge.

Clifford Gillmore
12-26-2006, 03:04 AM
On training days I will have

4 Protein Shakes,
3 Flax seed tablets
15 fish oil tablets,
1 50/50 MRP before and after training
1 steamed bowl of vegtables/Multi vitamin.
200g Gurana

NON training days will;
5 protein shakes
25 Fish Oil caps
10 Flax seed caps
Multivitamin
2 bowls of steamed vegtables

Metamucil on all days, 30g fibre minimum. Olive oil where I can't get the fish oil caps down, hot-rox or similar If I feel its needed.

KingWilder
12-26-2006, 08:39 AM
Nitrean :)

:withstupi

honestly though, with the 15% off right now it's easier and cheaper to try out some Nitrean

Edit: Like Risk did, I think it'll help to say what you'll be taking and maybe even the dates you plan on doing this. I think I might wait until like January 5th to start because after a week at home (and no gym) I want to see where my strength is at before I do this diet.

KingWilder
12-26-2006, 01:25 PM
Training Days
9 scoops Nitrean
4 serv. milled flax seed
2 scoops GlycoLoad (100g carbs)
extra 10g of carbs from somewhere
ETS
Nitor
Creatine 500
Multi-vitamin
Total: 1704 cals; 238g P, 134g C, 24g F

Non-Training Days
9 scoops Nitrean
4 serv. milled flax seed
16 fish oil caps
ETS
Nitor
Creatine 500
Multi-vitamin
Total Cals: 1430; 216g P, 42g C, 45g F

Date of diet (28 days): January 4 - January 31

Bicster
12-26-2006, 06:52 PM
I'm in.

Stray
12-26-2006, 08:38 PM
I want in but I'm not sure I can get the supps needed in time....

KingWilder
12-26-2006, 08:42 PM
there's no real "time limit"
this will be mostly a pre-summer cut thread, which puts the "time limit" around May

basically this thread will just help those who go through it stay sane and ask others questions and for obvious motivational reasons.

Stray
12-26-2006, 08:51 PM
Good point - I may place an order and start it when it arrives.

Clifford Gillmore
12-26-2006, 10:13 PM
Okay, I'm on day one. I need some Milled Flax seeds NOW. I'm so god damn hungry I want to gnaw my own face off.

Anyone still want to do this?

KingWilder
12-26-2006, 10:28 PM
YES, I'm excited

:( damn not really, but I WILL do it

Unholy
12-26-2006, 10:52 PM
Sounds Like PSMF Ill start On Jan 1st

Clifford Gillmore
12-26-2006, 11:03 PM
It is, minus the refeeds. Its just a brutal, scary ass diet.

Spourk
12-27-2006, 04:13 AM
I'll stick with my PSMF since i wont be getting any refeeds on it:) (ima fatass for now) im starting january first .

Stumprrp
12-27-2006, 06:33 AM
sorry guys but i dont want to do this, 1) with kettlebell and weight training ill likely lose all of my strength and muscle 2) there is no whole foods and your going to be hungry as hell 3) all of the healthy fats are coming from supplements, why not peanuts and peanut butter?

but yeah, good luck all

KingWilder
12-27-2006, 10:10 AM
sorry guys but i dont want to do this, 1) with kettlebell and weight training ill likely lose all of my strength and muscle 2) there is no whole foods and your going to be hungry as hell 3) all of the healthy fats are coming from supplements, why not peanuts and peanut butter?

but yeah, good luck all

if you read the reports just about everyone's strength remained the same AND/OR some actually reported it going up on some lifts. You get one whole meal food on a Saturday if you want it (as long as it fits the cals) and the healthy fats only come from supplements because of the extra cals that would be in carbs and protein from pb and nuts.

I'll be taking Nitor during this and that keeps me from getting hungry at all, so 1400 cals will be plenty....PLUS it's only 28 days and I figure it's time to test my dedication...so be sure to check my journal for a good laugh haha.

Good luck cuttin' tho Rob, I'm sure you'll do fine either way

Stumprrp
12-27-2006, 10:39 AM
same to you man, this crap looks insane lol, cutting isnt that bad i just enjoyed a nice big salad with tuna fish and some peanuts, dressed with a bit of olive oil and lemon, not bad!!

keep us updated on the results of this.

Clifford Gillmore
12-28-2006, 02:42 AM
I'm in a world I have never known.

Fuzzy
12-28-2006, 05:50 AM
Hehe... Id do this If I had enough supps.

OR ANY SUPPS AT ALL!!!!!!!

Xeon22
12-28-2006, 09:29 PM
hmm...interesting diet, would be one heck of a challenge..maybe I'll try it.

KingWilder
12-29-2006, 01:53 AM
it's worth a shot

Clifford Gillmore
12-29-2006, 02:23 AM
Day 3 was easy. Today was so much easier! However, I'm cheating twice a day with skim milk instead of water. This is an extra 220 cals, but I still fall well below maintenence. (Like 2000cals here...)

KingWilder
12-29-2006, 09:13 AM
yeah, I'm gonna use my "extra 15g of carbs" on workout days as a cup of skim milk

I really think that's the only thing that will keep me sane...I love milk

Clifford Gillmore
12-30-2006, 12:45 AM
I think my body swapped in and out of ketosis. My pee pee reeeeked.

KingWilder
12-30-2006, 04:20 PM
haha, I love reading Risk's posts...gettin' me all excited to start this week

WBBIRL
12-30-2006, 05:33 PM
Sounds like fun, but I think I'll cut the more traditional way. Its working so yea.

dissipate
12-30-2006, 07:34 PM
good luck you two and hang on even if it gets tough!! we're waiting for your before and after pics :)

Clifford Gillmore
12-30-2006, 08:48 PM
So far I'm finding the hardest thing is actually getting down the fish oil caps and going to the gym. I've been once.

jamrock
01-02-2007, 11:11 AM
I'm going to do this also, the wife is going to hate me since she is trying to lose weight and wanted me to make a sensible meal plan for her (and I) that is easy to follow and not too crazy... I've wanted to do the V-diet for a while now and never did because of all the supplements that are recommended, plus Lyle's PSMF works great. I think I can manage without so much ****, push comes to shove I'll incorporate an EC stack..

I quit smoking cigarettes on Dec. 9th (didn't want it to be a New Years resolution thing). Ive been running a whole lot more than lifting these past few weeks... I haven't had any cravings but I think it's because I still smoke...the other stuff.. I want to use this diet as a means of motivation for myself. I want to cut out the weekend drinks, cut out the daily toking, and focus more on bettering myself (read more, talk more, learn more, live more). Sort of feels like I've been stuck on 2nd gear for a long while now and I keep coming back to a few things that I need to iron out with myself...turning 25 last month didn't help either. tick tock and i haven't really done ****.......sorry wasn't planning on ranting I just got a bit inspired.

I need to read over the V-diet articles again and gather my supplements (and alternatives). Put me down too, guess I'll start when I get my **** together (by the weekend the latest).

//IF YOU'RE NOT FIRST, YOU'RE LAST.

KingWilder
01-02-2007, 02:16 PM
sounds good, I'm gettin ready to start here in a bit

probably Thursday or Friday instead of Saturday like i was initially planning

Clifford Gillmore
01-03-2007, 05:01 AM
So far I've benched a PR (BWx2), increased my chins and kept my strength on everything. My chest has actually grown in the last two weeks.

I give up on this diet, its brutal, draining, and I cannot stand it anymore.

soultran
01-03-2007, 05:08 AM
lol. sounds like my last few attempts on this diet. it is excrutiating to say the least.

people say that muscle loss is inevitable on this type of diet but i have never seen that in my lifts.

how many days did you stay on the diet? what do you plan on doing in the few upcoming weeks?

any tips for us about to embark on the v diet?

KingWilder
01-03-2007, 11:43 AM
I honestly think the biggest thing on this diet is going to be something like Thermocin or Nitor...without that to boost energy and keep hunger down I think I'd go crazy

Abecedarian
01-03-2007, 02:34 PM
I just purchased the fat loss stack. Will have to pick up some milled flax seed and fish oil capsuls from GNC on the way home tonight. I think I will mirror my own velocity diet after king's idea (lol even the dialy caloric intake works with my current body weight). I feel for the people around me as soon as the fat loss stack arrives.. I have the feeling I will be either very grumpy over the 28 day cycle or very lethargic. :disagree:

Abecedarian
01-03-2007, 02:47 PM
As soon as I start I will post up pictures (although I currently sport a less than admirable physique) along with data on my daily lift progress to illustrate and any fluxuations in strength that may have been influenced by this aggressive diet program.

KingWilder
01-03-2007, 03:00 PM
haha awesome, I'll be throwing up some before pics sometime tomorrow...might need to start another thread for it in the Pics forum

BFGUITAR
01-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Out of curiosity, how "healthy" would this diet be? Could there be any problems we dont know about from doing this?

KingWilder
01-03-2007, 04:01 PM
I don't think there would be too many problems...you're getting healthy fats, plenty of fiber, vitamins, and adequate protein

The biggest thing with most of these diets though is not doing them for extended periods of time...there are def. minerals/vitamins/nutrients that you will not get/get enough of through a diet like this, but it only last 28 days...

BFGUITAR
01-03-2007, 06:08 PM
But in those 28 days how much damage could be done?

Stumprrp
01-03-2007, 07:45 PM
how are we doing gentlemen? im on a normal diet with 1 cheat / carb day and im down 5 already...:D

KingWilder
01-03-2007, 08:06 PM
But in those 28 days how much damage could be done?

I really don't think much would be done in 28 days, but don't take my word on that...it can't be worse than someone who is consistently eating fast food all the time and not workout out though

Stump, congrats on losing 5lbs so far...keep it up

ironman1964bc
01-04-2007, 12:29 AM
I made it 5 days, but on the 5th day at the gym my strength levels were way down. I still have pretty good energy but no strength. Since I am recently coming back from a knee injury, I am in a strength cycle right now, so I had to tweak the diet a little. Another problem is I am lifting 5 days a week right now (Shugart only lifted 3) and I have a manual labor job too.

What I did was make my preworkout meal some cottage cheese with a handful of blueberries and then have some ground turkey or hard boiled eggs about 2 hours after I workout. The rest of the day I am still drinking shakes with fish oil, liver tabs, and coconut oil. The calories are about the same (about 2200) because I replaced 2 drinks with the cottage cheese and turkey. I have felt alot stronger the last few days and I feel that I could do this diet longer than 28 days this way.

Shugart did say that eating a meal or two a day would be ok but he didn't reccommend it. Maybe if you had a desk job and worked out only 3 days a week, it could be done, but I found I needed at least a little real food. Its not the calories so much but the real food that made the difference.

Clifford Gillmore
01-04-2007, 06:05 AM
how are we doing gentlemen? im on a normal diet with 1 cheat / carb day and im down 5 already...:D

Do you remember the veins on Paul Dillets chest? I've got them on my ass. I swear :)

KingWilder
01-04-2007, 10:22 AM
ok so after the first shake and all the damn pills I have to take in the morning I feel like I might vomit...yay

EDIT: i just threw up, it even came out my nose...AWESOME. I might have to ditch the flax in the first shake of the day, I usually feel sick after breakfast anyways but I've never had a problem keeping just a regular shake down....this sucks if it's gonna be a problem all day

phatmike
01-04-2007, 11:19 AM
Wow good luck to anybody who is on this. Yes, this was brutal, but after years of being a fatass, I had to do something drastic. This was really my do or die moment in my life. I was either A) drop the bodyfat or B) continue down the road to fatness and die before I could walk my two little girls down the isle.

I had tried so many things to lose weight, and always that that I was smart enough to make little tweaks to stuff. Well, finally I said forget it. I am going to follow this plan to the T and see where it puts me. I did and reaped the rewards.

I am still a work in progress, but I am much healthier now. When I ended the original 28 day nitrean craziness, I was at 207. I am now at 181. The 26 pounds between the two were done more traditionally, but I have done alot of experimenting between now and then. I have been learning about how my body responds to different things. I am learning these things firsthand because it is my goal to assist others in their fat loss goals. I want experience everything so I am able to assist people better.

Here is my worst to (almost best) transformation. In the better pic, I was at about 190, so I currently look better than that.

KingWilder
01-04-2007, 11:40 AM
awesome results man...did you use the milled flax seed like it said to in the original V-diet?

I just don't know why I feel sick already and I've only had my first shake

jamrock
01-04-2007, 11:42 AM

What are your lifts looking like, how do you feel?

ok so after the first shake and all the damn pills I have to take in the morning I feel like I might vomit...yay

EDIT: i just threw up, it even came out my nose...AWESOME. I might have to ditch the flax in the first shake of the day, I usually feel sick after breakfast anyways but I've never had a problem keep just a regular shake down....this sucks if it's gonna be a problem all day

I'm the same way with breakfast, wake up earlier and try to eat as late as possible.. A little exercise before also opens the appetite for me.

I'm a little swamped with work and havent had time to go get what I need. I need to buy a tub of protein to at least start and wait for the Nitrean to arrive.. Reminds me I need to order it....

Wow good luck to anybody who is on this. Yes, this was brutal, but after years of being a fatass, I had to do something drastic. This was really my do or die moment in my life. I was either A) drop the bodyfat or B) continue down the road to fatness and die before I could walk my two little girls down the isle.

I had tried so many things to lose weight, and always that that I was smart enough to make little tweaks to stuff. Well, finally I said forget it. I am going to follow this plan to the T and see where it puts me. I did and reaped the rewards.

I am still a work in progress, but I am much healthier now. When I ended the original 28 day nitrean craziness, I was at 207. I am now at 181. The 26 pounds between the two were done more traditionally, but I have done alot of experimenting between now and then. I have been learning about how my body responds to different things. I am learning these things firsthand because it is my goal to assist others in their fat loss goals. I want experience everything so I am able to assist people better.

Here is my worst to (almost best) transformation. In the better pic, I was at about 190, so I currently look better than that.

You did both the Nitrean diet that Organichu did and then the Velocity, and then a regular diet? I'm a little confused, probably way off... Regardless man, you look great and I feel you on those little girls.. I have two myself.

phatmike
01-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Let me clarify. I did the velocity diet but with At Large Nutrition Supps (both Nitrean and Thermocin..with Nitrean and powdered gatorade replacing surge) I think I did it before Organichu did his (I did mine early 2005). I used the milled flax seeds and olive and fish oil as my fat sources. To that extent I didn't do the velocity diet by the book. You need quality supps to do the diet, but they don't need to be from them (biotest). I did just one stint of the diet, and have been following more traditional methods for fat loss since then

If you are coming from a moderate to high carb diet..expect to feel like garbage if you jump right into this. I was already following a lowish carb diet (about 100g per day) before starting it, so it didn't kill me as bad as it might have if I had been on a higher carb diet.

Once I got past the first week, I was pretty much all good. At that point it was all mental. I just kept saying to myself, "Do I want to throw away being perfect for x days by cheating now?"

KingWilder
01-04-2007, 02:59 PM
Damn, I don't think my stomach can handle this

I wish I just felt tired and crappy...but I feel like I'm going to throw up and I still have 3 shakes left today...I threw up the first one and the second one took me 30 mins to finish...

this may not be for me...uggghhh

EDIT: I think I might try and do basically the same thing, but add in 2 or 3 food meals a day while keeping the cals the same..it won't be as easy obviously because what I eat will change every day, but I think it's better than feeling like I'm going to throw up every day for 28 days

Fuzzy
01-04-2007, 10:21 PM
You and shakes really dont go well together do you?

KingWilder
01-04-2007, 10:42 PM
just the first shake didn't agree with me...I think I might have finished it too fast

I felt crappy all day, but it's probably because I only had about 50g of carbs

I think I'm going to ditch a serving of flax meal and throw in some veggies throughout the day...hopefully that'll help.

KingWilder
01-05-2007, 05:31 PM
yeah so I'm officially out

I've come to the conclusion that my stomach cannot handle flax meal or whey by itself

I went to the store today and got chicken breasts, tuna, lean steak, broccoli, cucumber, italian vinagirette dressing, evoo, cottage cheese, soup for today so my stomach gets better, and some veggie soup

I'm still gonna try and do the same calories until the end of January since that should have the same effect though, so we'll see how it goes

GreenOnion22
01-05-2007, 06:40 PM
I'm doing everything except Thermocin because of my heart. Does anyone know if there are any fat burners that don't have such risky side effects? I've heard green tea from somehwhere. Is this true? (As far as the fat burn, not the energy boost and all that)

Rock Steady
01-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Wow I'd be fascinated to see if anyone on the board finishes this....

I'm not planning to cut for at least 3 months, but if a few people do this without losing much muscle, I'd be tempted in April or so. What fun is life without doing ridiculous things like this? :) I mean that in the nicest way, and I'm seriously going to consider it if others have good results.

Best of luck boys and girls!

Clifford Gillmore
01-05-2007, 09:47 PM
Okay, piccies time!

1; Before
2: front after
3; back after

:)

Rock Steady
01-06-2007, 12:26 PM
Okay, piccies time!

1; Before
2: front after
3; back after

:)

Hard to tell - I mean you look good, but I can't make a good comparison. How did your weight change? Strength? How long did you officially 'stick to' the diet?

Clifford Gillmore
01-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Strenghth is the same, increasing even on a few exercises, calfs grew (WTH?),
dropped about 1.5% BF. I have no reliable scales, so I don't weigh myself often. I weighed myself on my work scales and it read 211. Before I was around 215-218. Remind me to log next time eh?

Stumprrp
01-06-2007, 05:48 PM
wags, just to let you know, you should be shot for even considering a cut.

but good luck

Clifford Gillmore
01-06-2007, 05:55 PM
I'm done rob :), I just like being able to fit into a decent set pants yannow?

I kid, I was carrying around too much crap.

Stumprrp
01-06-2007, 06:02 PM
deffinatly doesnt look like it in the pics dude, what are you like 15% BF lol

jamrock
01-07-2007, 09:17 AM
KingWilder, why not PSMF? Lyle's plan works well, message me..

greekboy80
03-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Bump on this-------

Yo, Risk10 - how long did you do the diet? How accurate were you with your cals, carbs, fats and pro?

Anyone else doing it right now? I jsut started it 4 days ago and plan on kicking some major rear on it...

It would be cool if someone else was on with me...

let me know! Chime in anyone who had been on it before and has any advice...

Jinkies
03-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Just saw your post, thats the current diet im attempting to follow.

I splurged a little with a subway sandwhich though

greekboy80
03-02-2007, 08:15 AM
Do you guys really think it really matters if you go over 100 grams carbs a day? Like say to 120 on lifting days...

Chris stated that if you had over 20 a day you wouldn't be in ketosis anyways. So if your not in ketosis, why would it matter how may carbs you have? Pending that your not going crazy...and allof the carbs are centered around the workouts...

OK, so I'm on day 5 now(big whooop) I find that about 2 hrs after each shake My stomach starts growling! Does that mean there is no more casein protein circulating? Or does it mean that its just not in my stomach anymore? I had read somwhere that it takes up to 4-6 hrs to fully digest...Just not sure to worry or not...Hope I'm not losing any muscle...

Is it ok to drink diet Lipton green tea? I love that *****!

Anyone foggy minded for the first couple days? I hope it ceases soon.

Anyway, hows this workout looking?

TBT 3 X per week.

Squats - 4 sets(first is warm up)
Calves - 4 sets(first is warm up)
Pull ups - 4 sets(first is warm up)
Bent rows - 4 sets(you get the picture?)
Military press - 4 sets...
Rear Delts - 4 sets....
Bench press - 4 sets....
Bicep curls - 4 sets....
Tricep curls - 4 sets....

Tsuki No Neko
03-03-2007, 12:43 PM
So, so far, only one or two people have made it all the way through, huh? o_o Not very encouraging. And King Wilder, your experience scares the **** out of me. I wasn't feeling too bad about this diet until you started. o_o I couldn't handle that much nausea.

I feel sort of stupid asking this, but what is Lyle's PSMF diet? Some sort of link would be helpful . . .

Fuzzy
03-05-2007, 01:17 AM
Ok, I want to try this. I just want to get this gut out of the way and continue with things, so for 28 days I will turn all my effort into dropping it.bit im gonna be a bit soft and make it a bit more bearable for myself.

HOWEVER... i need some advice please.

http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=93261 this will be my workout. maybe not ideal, but ill stick to it. (it wont be to full failure, just till i begin slowing down.)

I will be doing 22-25 minutes of extremely high intensity cardio 3 times a week for the 28 days. Ill have a shake right after to minimise any catabolising.

Rather then water and stuff, Im going with skim milk and powder.

Now, what type of powder, I have never really used suppliments before, not even whey or anything. I can get some 'Vital Strength' fpor real cheap, the folks at the shop reccomend them, and I trust them. Im guessing I should go with either the 'Total' wich is an all round standard, or the 'Ripped' ... for obvious reasons, or what about the WPI? Ill get exact stats on them later.

Also... Im being an even bigger wimp here, I am going to chuck in a handful of oats 'n meusli with my 1st, 3rd and 5th. and some veggies/fruit with a few.

Anything else to consider?

Oh yeah... bout 15 fish oil tabs a day, a good 5 litres of water, and one quick chea tmeal on sat. ofcourse no drinking this whole time, and ofcourse, I will be stuffing my face the day before.

Starting April 9.

Clifford Gillmore
03-05-2007, 02:02 AM
Fuzz, you won't be getting enough fats! You need to get around 40-50g of fat in, milled flax seeds spread over the shakes makes it alot easier than getting down 50 fish oil tabs a day.

Re read the diet, don't play with it at all, don't substitute.

Fuzzy
03-05-2007, 02:20 AM
Sorry forgot about the flax seeds.

So... pull my balls in and just do it as is?

Clifford Gillmore
03-05-2007, 02:44 AM
Essentially. Just plan out your workout days and your non workout days, then post up here and go from there. The diet is sound, its just.... tiresome.

Fuzzy
03-05-2007, 03:22 AM
My weight plan was in the previous post.

Basically 2 rowing style weights sessions with an optional power and light chest work day.

and doing 3 intense 22-25 minutes cardio things 3 times a week.

Fuzzy
03-05-2007, 03:36 AM
April 9, Ill jave before and afters...

might even do a journal.

Now heres the fun bit, somehow not eating and randomly sneaking into my room witha glass of water without my mother noticing...

Clifford Gillmore
03-05-2007, 05:36 AM
Your diet plan for the workout and non-workout days I was refering too...

greekboy80
03-05-2007, 08:18 AM
Yeah, I would try to follow the diet a little more. You can change up a few things her and there but not everything...

Give us more spesfic questions and we'll give more spesifc answers...

Unholy
03-05-2007, 08:23 AM
Oh snap, Crazedwombat, Vikingwarlord and I are doing this + refeeds every 7-9 days for about 2.5 months. 28 days is cake ;)

rdonr
03-05-2007, 11:07 AM
Are you guys adding the calories coming from the flax seed oil, and fish oil? to get your total calories? Or is it just the veggies and the shake you guys are counting?

Clifford Gillmore
03-06-2007, 06:06 AM
Calories from the fat are counted yes, they make up over a 1/3 of the cals in total!

Clifford Gillmore
03-06-2007, 06:07 AM
Oh snap, Crazedwombat, Vikingwarlord and I are doing this + refeeds every 7-9 days for about 2.5 months. 28 days is cake ;)

Ahh, but you chew on your diet.

Rock Steady
03-06-2007, 10:06 AM
Ahh, but you chew on your diet.

Man, I must say it would be incredibly weird not to chew anything for a month. There's always gum I suppose.

KingWilder
03-06-2007, 10:46 AM
So, so far, only one or two people have made it all the way through, huh? o_o Not very encouraging. And King Wilder, your experience scares the **** out of me. I wasn't feeling too bad about this diet until you started. o_o I couldn't handle that much nausea.

I feel sort of stupid asking this, but what is Lyle's PSMF diet? Some sort of link would be helpful . . .

I'm pretty sure the reason I was throwing up was related to starting Nitor at the exact same time...even Chris and Daniel said not to start Nitor on an extreme diet like that.

Tsuki No Neko
03-06-2007, 10:22 PM
I'm pretty sure the reason I was throwing up was related to starting Nitor at the exact same time...even Chris and Daniel said not to start Nitor on an extreme diet like that.

Oops. Lesson learned, right? Now we all know. o_o

greekboy80
03-07-2007, 01:16 PM
Man, I must say it would be incredibly weird not to chew anything for a month. There's always gum I suppose.

You DO know that you shold be eating 1 "cheat" but healthy meal per week right?

You basicly get 1 hour to eat as much as you want of a "healthy" meal. Mine last week was a lean steak, chicken breast and HUGE salad with low cal dressing. I thought i was gonan eat so much more but after the steak I was filled up pretty fast. I ate the salad but had to choke down the chicken, just because I knew I could not eat anythign else untill next sunday...

I kept mine low carb, but you dont have to. I just thought it would be beneficial for my weight loss in the future...

The key is making good decisions on your "cheat" meal. A lot of people will take a whole pizza or cheeseburgers from Wendys and eat those for an hour with fries and washing down with full flavored sodas...OR instead of having a cheat meal they have cheat weekend, or cheat day, and completely screw up the diet. Then it sometimes takes your body a full day or two to get back in fat burning mode...

Just make good decisions for 4 weeks and you will see great results!

I've been on for about 1 week and a half and I'm down about 10lbs(4 or 5 water I assume). My lifts are still kicking and i'm still lifting the weight that I was before the diet... But now, my legs are more striated, and my 4 pack on my abs are starting to show again and I'm just aobut 1 inch down on my waist..And it hasent even been 2 weeks yet!

LouPac
05-03-2007, 10:53 PM
I'm starting the V-Diet Monday using At Large supplements, pray for me.:(