PDA

View Full Version : Muscle-Ups: Difficulty

galileo
12-26-2006, 03:01 PM
What's more difficult - muscle-ups on a pullup bar or on olympic rings?

stepto180
12-27-2006, 02:23 AM
ummm if by muscle ups you mean pull ups depends on grip olympic rings(if you mean for gymnastics) you will have a semi sup grip which is an easier grip then pronated(palms away) which is generally used on a pull up bar

if you dont mean pull ups what do you mean???

ericg
12-27-2006, 05:37 AM
Muscle Up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP7T1uwiA1c&mode=related&search=)

Step - a pullup can be thought of as the first half of the muscle up movement.

McVein
12-27-2006, 05:38 AM
id say on olympic rings, because they'd be less stable.....ive never used the rings before though.....................:scratch:

ericg
12-27-2006, 05:49 AM
Gal - i would say the bar would be easier because it is stationary, though i am not sure if the transition would be slightly easier on the rings because your hand placement can be changed easily.

Detard
12-27-2006, 09:31 AM
olympic rings would definitly be harder.

Alex.V
12-27-2006, 09:35 AM
I have an easier time on the rings. Allows for more natural shoulder movement, grip rotation, etc.

But that's me. Mechanics and shoulder pain are a bigger issue than strength/balance.

stepto180
12-27-2006, 12:34 PM
aaahhh i was kinda thinking those but I had never heard them called that before

I can do them on a pull up bar but not rings....but I have the advantage of using my boobies on the bar to help me from sliding back down

ArchAngel777
12-27-2006, 01:08 PM

I can do them on a pull up bar but not rings....but I have the advantage of using my boobies on the bar to help me from sliding back down

ROFL, that is hilarious!

Anyway, I personally think the rings are easier for the reasons that Belial stated. I am not even sure if I can do them anymore...

galileo
12-28-2006, 08:32 AM
I have an easier time on the rings. Allows for more natural shoulder movement, grip rotation, etc.

But that's me. Mechanics and shoulder pain are a bigger issue than strength/balance.

This is kind of how I was thinking. The dynamic of the rings, even if they're more unstable, would allow for a smooth transition. The transitition seems to be the most difficult part of the motion.

I've only tried them on a stationary pullup bar and the transition will definitely take some practice. I used to climb trees like it was my job when I was a kid, but unfortunately those memories don't come attached with the skills. :\

Anthony
12-28-2006, 12:57 PM
Rings - harder chinup, harder dip, easier transition.

Bar - easier chinup, easier dip, harder transition.

Although a lot of people have a hard time with the transition on rings until they learn the technique. Big keys are the false grip and keeping the rings near the arm pits. Once you learn that, it's like riding a bike.

galileo
12-28-2006, 02:18 PM
Once you learn that, it's like riding a bike.

You mean I'm going to fall off a lot? ****.

Bob
12-28-2006, 02:52 PM
You mean I'm going to fall off a lot? ****.
Nah... just see if StepTo will let you borrow her boobies!!

haha.. And I agree with ArchAngel.. that's funny.. I totally wasn't expecting an answer like that.. almost spit my water all over my keyboard..

KevinStarke
12-28-2006, 05:34 PM

Luckyyyyyy

stepto180
12-30-2006, 11:51 PM
arch,bear and kevin they do come in handy every now in then what can I say !!?? :)

and oh yea galileo cone only borrow my boobies for a short period of time(very short) I like them!!!