PDA

View Full Version : couple diet questions

one_man_gang
12-26-2006, 11:41 PM
i usually drink a double scoop protein immediately after my workout...and i drink one on offnights right b4 i sleep, i was wondering if it's better to drink a protein shake twice on off days too?

and what is a good amount of calorie-intake to maintain ur current weight and size? is 3000 calories a day only good for bulking? or maintaining as well? or is it too many?

12-27-2006, 12:19 AM
how are we supposed to know when you dont tell us anythign about you!!! whats right for one might be completly wrong for another

one_man_gang
12-27-2006, 12:31 AM
lol well i'm 5'10, 190 lbs
have been working out for about 6 months, i've seen significant results on my back, arms, legs, shoulders, everything basically, i just wanna get rid of my little gut, small lovehandles, n fat thighs! haha, i cant seem to get 190 grams of protein a day without eating too many calories :S

12-27-2006, 12:39 AM
well if your trying to get big you should eat a lot of calories and no 3000 should not be to much

and the reason you drink protein shakes are when you want the protein to "absorb" faster(after a workout) or when you cant eat whole food hence why we call it a supplement

Optimum08
12-27-2006, 09:54 AM
there is no way we can tell you what your maintenence cals are without knowing exactly how fast your metabolism is etc. finding maint. cals are up to you with a lot of trial and error. eat as much as you think you need to maintain for a week and track your weight, if you lost weight then up the cals, if you gained then drop them.