PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Progress Pix

Ruffian
12-27-2006, 12:07 AM
These are my most recent progress pix... Weight is 141 lbs, approximate bf is 17% and I have to loose 9 lbs before my FIRST powerlifting competition on January 31!!!! I only have to push 10 lbs more then my PR (1.5 reps) in order to qualify for nationals... I hope I get it.. Anyways, past pix are in my siggy so you can check them out if ya wanna.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/Ruffian2001/IMG_0120.jpg
--> Front Relaxed

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/Ruffian2001/IMG_0119.jpg
--> Back Relaxed

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/Ruffian2001/IMG_0121.jpg
--> Still trying to figure out this pose......

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/Ruffian2001/IMG_0104.jpg
-->Front Flex

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/Ruffian2001/IMG_0109.jpg
--> Surger-ied leg 3 weeks after surgery and one week of light squatting... A good reminder for where I started.

And my personal faveorite:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/Ruffian2001/IMG_0107.jpg
--> Not to toot my own horn but I have to say that I think my back is starting to rival the great ol' Built's. Dont have her abs, but hey- I think my back looks awesome-LOL! (I know, I said I wasnt going to toot my own horn- my pride gets in the way of my modesty). LMK What you guys think!!!

12-27-2006, 12:15 AM
looking good chicka!!!

you competeing in bench deads and squat ??

Ruffian
12-27-2006, 12:20 AM
looking good chicka!!!

Wish I could, just had knee surgery 3 weeks ago so the dead and squat I cant quite do yet. Im doing BP only at this competition, Ive added 25 lbs to my bench in the last month and a half so Im hoping I can pull another 10 out of my ass so I can qualify for nationals.

Thanks though, Im super happy with the progress I've made in these past couple months. I was out for two weeks and still managed to make huge gains on my bench. IVe been squatting again for a little over a week, and am just starting to add on weight now. It will be at least another month before Im able to start squatting heavy *sigh*, let alone competing!!!

12-27-2006, 12:29 AM
oh yes i forgot

awesome -well you have another month to get there train right tapper right and it should be no problem (soon enough and you'll be able to do you bw)

are you wearing a shirt?? (bench shirt) lol i thought i should clarify after reading that over lol since your ****less in your pics

what do you have to get to quilify for nationals? at 132 correct?

Ruffian
12-27-2006, 12:35 AM
looking good chicka!!!

oh yes i forgot

awesome -well you have another month to get there train right tapper right and it should be no problem (soon enough and you'll be able to do you bw)

are you wearing a shirt?? (bench shirt) lol i thought i should clarify after reading that over lol since your ****less in your pics

what do you have to get to quilify for nationals? at 132 correct?

Im hopin only a month, but I dont wanna push it so hard that I end up having to go back again... ugh... No, Im not going to be wearing a bench shirt, belt or wrist wraps- this will be totally raw. I have to push 115 to qualify for nationals, and yes, the weight class Ill be in is 132 (ill have to loose water weight pretty fast).

Clifford Gillmore
12-27-2006, 12:37 AM
Nice spinal erectors.

12-27-2006, 12:43 AM
[QUOTE=8.8;1567281]

QUOTE]

i was taking about your bench not your squat def dont push to hard on the squat untill your completly healed

stepto180
12-27-2006, 12:50 AM
good luck with your comp!

BroGain
12-27-2006, 03:15 AM
The back definitely looks awesome. I'm sure you have some abs hiding in their somewhere. Good luck training for that last 10 pounds!

Davidelmo
12-27-2006, 03:52 AM
Nice work! Arms are hyooge!

JoeG
12-27-2006, 07:52 AM
Impressve back. Both you and deeder seem to have good backs. Keep up the good work.

Stumprrp
12-27-2006, 07:53 AM
you look great ruffian

Jordanbcool
12-27-2006, 09:29 AM
I like that back shot, it looks great.

HILL
12-27-2006, 10:13 AM
lookin real good keep up the good work.

How did you test your bf?? i would just say you look a little higher than 17% but i could be wrong.

And your bench strength is real good sucks to hear about the knee

Sidior
12-27-2006, 10:18 AM
Nice spinal erectors.

:withstupi

When you lean up even more they will look unreal. Back has come along way.

deeder
12-27-2006, 11:26 AM
How did you test your bf??

We tested each other's a few days ago with calipers. I add 2-4% to that and to mine because they always seem so low...

Edit:

BTW, you look great Kristen! I agree with everyone saying GREAT BACK!

KevinStarke
12-27-2006, 12:26 PM
Lookin awesome Ruff.

Ruffian
12-27-2006, 01:12 PM
Risk, Sidior- Thanks a tonne!!! After this competition (if I qualify for nationals) Ill probably just continue at maintanance for a while and then do a small cut a month before. Im not too concerned about BF% atm, more about getting my bench up. I only need to get another 15 kg from where I am now to get a provincial record... I think thats definately attainable within the year!!!

8.8- Sorry got all confused cuz it was my right leg that had the surgery :P No worries though, definately not going to rush it!

Stepto180- Thanks a tonne!! Im super excited about it! It's nice to actually "do" something with my most recent hobby.

BroGain- The abs have been popping out more and more the last little while, Im really not caring too much though, thats the great thing about PL'ing- I dont have to cut hard to feel like I've accomplished something!

David- THANKS!!! LOL, I love my arms *pats* They havnt gotten much bigger but I can definately tell Ive lost some flab in them- my triceps have become much more defined in the last little while.

Joe- Thanks, Its my pride and joy ;)

Stump,Jordan,Kevin- Thanks!! Im glad my work is paying off ;)

Hill- See Deeder's post... I put the approximate in there for a reason :P Im probably closer to 20% but I cant see myeslf being much more then that, I carry almost every single ounce of fat I have in my legs and even they have come down quite a bit!

Lucas- Thanks babe!!!! I know YOU like my back alot ;)

Detard
12-29-2006, 07:59 PM
back looks great! nice job!

Beast
12-29-2006, 08:53 PM
Your back does look very good.

Bob
12-29-2006, 09:08 PM
awesome job Ruffian...
Your back.. and the rest is looking great...
GL on BP comp.. sounds like your great attitude will push that additional 10 lbs to get in Nationals..

Kana
12-29-2006, 09:59 PM
Everything looks good, but your back grabs my attention. ;)

Ruffian
12-29-2006, 10:21 PM
thanks boys!!! Means a tonne!!!

Bearwolf- Im hoping so, I would really LOVE to qualify for nationals, but I dont really know what to expect (this being my first comp and all). All I know is that the fact I have come within 10 lbs of the required amount, and 10 kg within a provincial record less then one month after surgery is pretty ****ing sweet!!!! No matter what happens I can be proud of the fact that I added 25 lbs to my bench in one month. *nods* Cant complain one iota about that.

Im glad my back is a hit though- Definately my faveorite part... I can even start to feel some pecs now, although, I doubt Ill be able to *See* them for a while.

zela
12-30-2006, 10:35 PM
Looking great and healthy! Your back alone just says a million compliments.

Mercuryblade
01-06-2007, 01:36 AM
Ruffian can you please lecture every single girl I know, that is convinced they should just run and do ab work to look good?

WBBIRL
01-06-2007, 03:05 AM
Ruffian can you please lecture every single girl I know, that is convinced they should just run and do ab work to look good?

Most girls are like that.

One, who I went to highschool with, only went to the gym like 4 times total. But she always did motions that I never seen before in my life and couldn't figure out what was being worked. She somehow managed to use every single machine in about as wrong a manner as possible. She was totally bootylicious though, and the way things looked she might as well have been spinning around a pole.

Ruffian
01-06-2007, 08:55 AM
Looking great and healthy! Your back alone just says a million compliments.
Thanks Marko!!! Greatly appreciated, worked hard so now I just get to reap the benefits ;)

Well... I was one of those girls for the longest time!!!! Horrible sterotypes, they drive me up the wall. Honestly though, sendem' my way and Ill give em' a beating!!!

Most girls are like that.

One, who I went to highschool with, only went to the gym like 4 times total. But she always did motions that I never seen before in my life and couldn't figure out what was being worked. She somehow managed to use every single machine in about as wrong a manner as possible. She was totally bootylicious though, and the way things looked she might as well have been spinning around a pole.
LOL! Well, there are some classes which are like that.... "strip tease fitness" O god, I wanted to puke when I saw the advertisements for those vids. Most of the other girls in my gym just kinda hover... They like to check out my boyfriend until he gets all sweaty and grunty, they like his arms I guess. However, when his back is coated with sweat he suddenly isnt such a chick magnet anymore... Most of the girls at the gym I workout at dont touch the machines, they do like 50 bazillion situps and then walk around in their full face of makeup until they feel a sweat come on!!! Its very funny actually. Deeder and I get a lot of amusement out of watching the little cardio bunnies stare at us while we work out :D

It makes my day :P

Ruffian
01-06-2007, 08:56 AM
btw- what exactly does "bootylicious" mean.... in a non-destiny's child sense

the doc
01-06-2007, 10:24 AM
looks like arthroscopic knee reconstruction. was it a meniscectomy?

Jordanbcool
01-06-2007, 02:23 PM
btw- what exactly does "bootylicious" mean.... in a non-destiny's child sense

Means you have a nice ass. Or you are extremely hot.

Ruffian
01-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Doc- Yeah it was, that as well as a lateral release. I dont know the full extent of the damage or repairs, I wont see my doc for another couple weeks yet. I just know that the lateral release was done for sure, I can still feel it pulling funny when I run, jog or lift.

Jordan- Ah... I guess that would make sense now wouldn't it? LOL

KingWilder
01-06-2007, 02:56 PM
will Deeder share....?

haha lookin' good....niiiiiice back

Jordanbcool
01-06-2007, 02:58 PM
man. I also have this bootylicious girl (s) at my gym. I plan to workout butt naked once I get to sub 10%.

Maybe then I can get their numbers instead of just drooling all the time ;)

WBBIRL
01-06-2007, 04:15 PM
If I got to under 10%, I'd go nowhere clothed.

And yes, bootylicious means what it sounds like. Sorta like humpalicious or ****alicious =p

Clifford Gillmore
01-06-2007, 05:34 PM
man. I also have this bootylicious girl (s) at my gym. I plan to workout butt naked once I get to sub 10%.

Maybe then I can get their numbers instead of just drooling all the time ;)

Then you'll just be drooling and butt naked. Not the best look.

Ruffian
01-07-2007, 04:45 PM
Mike- Oh dear.... You live too far away for me to be shared- I would have to be split in half! That would be somewhat painful ;)

But thanks!!

Jordan, WBBIRL- You guys are insane... Do you know that? I think I would run away screaming if some guy was drooling at me while standing in the buck.

Risk- I agree.... Glad Im not the only crazy one!

WBBIRL
01-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Never said I'd be drooling, just showing the goods off.

Plus it would be like probably the biggest goal I've ever not only set but met in my life so far.. and I'd feel entitled to prancing around completely naked.

RedSpikeyThing
01-07-2007, 07:59 PM
You're looking good! I think you're bigger than me :(

Ruffian
01-08-2007, 10:59 AM
Never said I'd be drooling, just showing the goods off.

Plus it would be like probably the biggest goal I've ever not only set but met in my life so far.. and I'd feel entitled to prancing around completely naked.
LOL! Whatever works for ya! I still say I would run away screaming if I saw some naked guy lifting... BUt the lack of drooling would help... I might not think you were an escaped mental patient.

can anybody tell me what cutting is?
SEARCH BUTTON!!!! Its an amazing tool....

Looking good!
Merci! Greatly appreciated

You're looking good! I think you're bigger than me :(
MUAHAHAH! You just made my day :D

thrillhouse
01-08-2007, 12:53 PM
Ruffian, you look great. I sure wish more women would actually lift.

the doc
01-08-2007, 01:02 PM
Doc- Yeah it was, that as well as a lateral release. I dont know the full extent of the damage or repairs, I wont see my doc for another couple weeks yet. I just know that the lateral release was done for sure, I can still feel it pulling funny when I run, jog or lift.

actually quite common for females in your age group. Expect a lot of popping and tearing noises as scarring adhesions are broken. Keep up with the rehap protocol. Dont accellerate w/o the knowledge of your rehab director. As with most knee injuries, strengthening the quad, hamstring, and calf to the fullest extent possible will stabilize the joint and protect from future injury and arthritis

interesting that he did not have a postop visit the day after to fully explain the procedure(s)... and is letting you guess for weeks :scratch:

Ruffian
01-08-2007, 08:17 PM
Thrillhouse- Thanks a tonne!!!

Doc- Im aware its common among my age group, I just wish my doc wouldnt have waited 5-6 years to take care of it. Also, with this being Canada I have been deemed "unworthy" for rehab. They gave me a book of excersizes to do but I have already accelerated beyond those (ie. regained full flexion without pain... All they had me doing was bending my knee and lifting up my leg. ) So it has been left up to me, alone, to guide my own rehab... As for the post-op meeting, hes told me to wait 6 weeks... I still havnt even been able to book an appt yet, he likes to wait until the very last minute :(

the doc
01-08-2007, 10:44 PM
PM me your email. I remember a rehab paper that may be of some use for you.

Of course remember on this board anything i say is for purely entertainment purposes only and does not substituted for consultation with a qualified medical professional... so have fun with the paper... make paper mache or something :D

Built
01-09-2007, 02:01 AM
Ruffian, you look beautiful - a lovely face and a strong, firm body with a killer taper - your back looks really thick too, solid.

Posterior chain work does a body good.

Guido
01-09-2007, 08:24 AM
And there it is...straight from the words of the goddess herself! BTW, I agree. You have a very nice look. :)

Ruffian
01-09-2007, 12:07 PM
LoL!

Doc- Sent ya a PM

Built- Thanks so much!!! Means alot coming from you ;) I just started doing alot of posterior chain work since my surgery... Been doing some deadlifts, just watching the weight!

Guido- Thank ya!

crazedwombat
01-10-2007, 03:15 PM
lucky ass Deeder. I'm with everyone else, I wish more women would get off the 'dont want to get 'huyooooge' overnight and be bulky and learn that definition is yummy..especially on the BACK and shoulders. Anyways, good luck with it and make sure you update us on whether you make it.

nhlfan
01-10-2007, 06:58 PM
looking impressive.

good luck with your bench press!

Ruffian
01-11-2007, 11:15 AM
crazedwombat- Thanks, check out my journal for updates... Speaking of *runs to update from last 2 workouts*

Nhlfan- thanks! You need to come workout with Deeder and I sometime!!!

nhlfan
01-13-2007, 03:29 PM
Nhlfan- thanks! You need to come workout with Deeder and I sometime!!!

yeah that would be fun

FortifiedIron
01-13-2007, 08:43 PM
Nice progression.

Kc