PDA

View Full Version : Rooster's Journal

gallo_blanco
12-27-2006, 04:21 PM
This journal is a project that I'll be taking on for the next year in addition to some changes to my fitness goals. The last 6 months have been, probably, the longest period where I have stuck with any sort of lifting program and that intend on sticking with it for .... well, forever if I can.

I work for the military and work 4 days/wk and lift during lunch with a friend at a nearby facility. The equipment is somewhat limited, but, I think we get quite a lot done with what we have since a few of us have chipped in on the gear in the "gym".

My training split, for the next few months, will look like this:

Workout #1
Calves Standing Calf Raises
Hamstrings Lying Leg Curls
Quads Leg Extensions
Squats

Workout #2
Chest Bench Press
Incline DB Press
Flat DB Fly
Shoulders Seated Military Press
Incline Rear Lateral Raises
Seated Lateral Raises
Traps BB Shrugs

Workout #3
Back Deadlift
Bent Rows
Pulldowns
Triceps Close-grip Bench
Tricep Pressdowns
Biceps Standing BB Curls
Inc DB Curls

This is part of a routine in a book I've read a while ago and it calls for a rotation between these workouts over Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri. Since I lift at work Tues-Fri, I'm going to try rotating it through these 4 days.

I'll also attempt to follow the "SEAL Warning Order" to increase my performance in the APFT. This extra work will take place first thing in the morning.

I am 5'7", 205lbs. and not pleased with my BF. I don't know what my BF% really is, but, my measuring tool for that is the mirror and until I can see my abs, I'm probably not going to be happy. Im not concerned with my weight so much as seeing and increase in performance both in my lift and my events in the PT test. I'll update as often as I can and will include pics when I can as well.

Can'tstopnow
12-27-2006, 04:38 PM
Gettn the journal going, awesome. My .02 is replace pulldowns(I assume you mean lat pulls) with chins/pullups, hamstring curls with SLDL, hack squats over leg ext, chest flies on a low incline, tri pressdowns replace with skull crushers or dips. Again only my .02, you got squat, deads, and bench that is great. Some don't like flies at all, me I like em. Best of luck and train hard!