PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys eat so much Natty PB?

ArchAngel777
12-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Ok, the question is more this, how in the hell do you guys fit any more than a tiny amount of PB in your cutting diet? The crap is so dense... I mean, just today I broke out my whole wheat bagel and put some PB on it, I swear to God I must have put two servings on it, minimum, there is no way around it... That is about 1/4" cup. That works out to around 600 calories just for a damn bagel! It just doesn't seem like much calorie bang for the buck in my opinion.

I love PB, but I just can't really seem to place it in my diet currently. The stuff is nearly as dense as pure oil (220 cals for 2 Tbsp for oil, and 180 - 210 for Natty PB, same serving size).

Just curious what you all do... Bulkers, don't even post! I don't want to hear how you can eat loads of it! :P

Built
12-28-2006, 02:30 PM
Arch, I cut on fairly high fats, but yes, the stuff is extremely nutrient dense. I have to weigh out my meagre allowance of it, which is anywhere from one to four tablespoons a day depending on where I choose to get my fats from on a given day.

I do NOT, of course, eat it on bagels(!) while cutting ... usually I'll melt it with a pat of butter and drizzle it on green beans or broccoli, or I'll smear it on a chunk of apple to eat with cottage cheese.

ArchAngel777
12-28-2006, 02:35 PM
Arch, I cut on fairly high fats, but yes, the stuff is extremely nutrient dense. I have to weigh out my meagre allowance of it, which is anywhere from one to four tablespoons a day depending on where I choose to get my fats from on a given day.

I do NOT, of course, eat it on bagels(!) while cutting ... usually I'll melt it with a pat of butter and drizzle it on green beans or broccoli, or I'll smear it on a chunk of apple to eat with cottage cheese.

For me, I just don't like peanut butter on anything other than toasted bread (for the most part). However, I do remember as a little boy, ants on a log. I might get some celery with 1/4" cup of PB and use it as a mid-day meal or snack. Trying hard to transition into my healthy fats into my diet, but it will probably take a while.

Thanks Built!

Mr. D
12-28-2006, 02:41 PM
I dump my PB into my Cottage cheese and nothing else added except maybe sweetner.

Built
12-28-2006, 02:44 PM
Arch, try it on chunks of Fuji apples OMG!!! Gaaaahhhhh :drooling:

ArchAngel777
12-28-2006, 02:49 PM
Arch, try it on chunks of Fuji apples OMG!!! Gaaaahhhhh :drooling:

Interestingly, Fuji applies are one of my favorites... Fuji, Pink Ladys, Honey Crisps are my top three... Mmmmmm. I'll give it a shot. Without a doubt, the worst apple in existance is.... Red Delicious and should be renamed to "Ass-Old Shoe Leather"... *chuckle* I hate those apples.

MagnaSephiroth
12-28-2006, 02:51 PM
Peanut butter is easy to eat...until you realize you didn't stir it well enough.
Yeah, guess who had to eat solid salty peanut butter rocks? ME

Built
12-28-2006, 03:06 PM
Been meaning to try Pink Ladies.

Magna, store your PB upside down.

Mr. D
12-28-2006, 03:46 PM
I used to champion the Red Delicious, but Ive switched to Gala apples of late. The small ones are perfect around 15g of Carb in them.

Stumprrp
12-28-2006, 05:20 PM
i just eat my PB out of the jar, 2-4 tbps per day and im cutting. its good on apples like built said though, i like Brabern (sp) apples

yankeekd25
12-28-2006, 06:19 PM
peanut butter covered bananas= the bomb! of course i thought they were a good food to eat while cutting, only to figure out its loaded with cals and carbs.... but still an awesome food.

malkore
12-29-2006, 02:52 PM
Am I the only one that just eats peanut butter (chunky of course!) straight outta the jar?
I put a tablespoon on a spoon, and enjoy every bit of it, almost like its a lollipop.

and on a cut, I'd be avoiding bread/bagels like the damn plague. but...carbs don't like me.

ArchAngel777
12-29-2006, 02:59 PM
Am I the only one that just eats peanut butter (chunky of course!) straight outta the jar?
I put a tablespoon on a spoon, and enjoy every bit of it, almost like its a lollipop.

and on a cut, I'd be avoiding bread/bagels like the damn plague. but...carbs don't like me.

Only some carbs bother me... If I ate cereal, snickers bar, or any other candy bar for that matter, I would be raiding the fridge shortly after. But Bagels, don't make me hungry (unless I eat them plain by themselves). Otherwise, the bagel is a good bang for calorie buck when it comes to satiety for me personally.

yankeekd25
12-29-2006, 03:44 PM
i eat peanut butter from the jar. once i take one spoonful, i cannot put it down. so lately ive been good and havent eaten one bit... except for when i drink my protein shakes.

snow
12-29-2006, 04:29 PM
I just dump a lot in a shake with some whole milk, a banana, and maybe some fruit.

levronefan
12-29-2006, 04:59 PM
easy... just dump 2 tablespoons in with each shake...... 3-4 shakes a day= 6-8 tablespoons a day....

Lean-N-Mean
12-29-2006, 11:42 PM
... usually I'll melt it with a pat of butter and drizzle it on green beans or broccoli, or I'll smear it on a chunk of apple to eat with cottage cheese.

Ok I am with you on the Green Apples , absolutely great. However drizzled on green beans or broccoli...umm that just doesn't seem...uh..natural , lol. Acquired taste I presume. I just throw mine into my shake, it's yummy choclatey peanut buttery goodness!