PDA

View Full Version : Pre-cut Pictures Janurary 07

Jordanbcool
12-28-2006, 07:20 PM
I'm posting some pictures I took a few minutes ago and some pre-bulk pictures from....july if my memory serves me well.

Be nice! I know I'm fat haha.....but I promised some pics....so here they are.

Heres my July pics to start.

Jordanbcool
12-28-2006, 07:21 PM
Some lower body pictures

Pictures are dedicated to: Built, Sidior, Stump, ddegroff, Wbbirl, kevinstarke, 8.8 and any other persons that have helped me out or provided support in my journals :)

Jordanbcool
12-28-2006, 07:23 PM
Heres the rest of them.....Make any comments on bodyfat guesses. I think I'm at 23%. That sounds about right.

P.S. The chest side shot isnt me holding my breath either.....its probably my favorite shot next to my legs...I think I really brought up my chest. That shirt I'm wearing is a large. Over the summer, it was loose. I'm also proud of my lats.

WBBIRL
12-28-2006, 07:46 PM
I hope to dear god your not much above 20%, that wreaks havoc on the theory that I'm not 1000%.

Deff alot bigger, its hard to really say how much LBM you've put on but you've done a good job. Cutting up should leave you with some nice size

Jordanbcool
12-28-2006, 07:51 PM
Thanks man.

I def. put on some flab though....but I'm giving myself 5 months to cut so I should be in the clear. Plus I'm following a psmf so most of it should come off within the first 2 months.

What can I say...I love food. haha.

12-28-2006, 08:11 PM
hey wait !!! didnt you say you were going to post unshirted pics????

i know there was one but none flexing!!!!!

how much weight have you gained????

its almost shredding time!!!! :)

galileo
12-28-2006, 08:15 PM
You certainly did bulk.

Jordanbcool
12-28-2006, 08:24 PM
I wanted to keep the pics. simple.....I don't have much definition.

And Galileo...You know you like the squatter powerlifter gut!! haha.

RBB
12-28-2006, 08:43 PM
you certainly put on a lot of weight, bro. you should be left with some pretty good size after your cut. good luck, i hate cutting.

Tofer
12-28-2006, 09:04 PM
Looks like you put on a lot of mass. And don't worry about the gut too much. Most of it will be gone in a few months if you can stay dedicated to cutting. Personally, I've been cutting for the past two months and I just can't take it anymore. It completely blows when you're not seeing any progress in your lifting.

What was your total weight gain for the bulk?

Questor
12-28-2006, 09:13 PM
And here I always thought you were the guy in your sig

FighterInSnatch
12-28-2006, 09:19 PM
Damn dude you sir are a tank. Good job on puttin on some mass but now its time to cut my friend. GOod luck.

Jordanbcool
12-28-2006, 09:27 PM
And here I always thought you were the guy in your sig

haha. No. I lied. Thats a back shot of kevin levrone in his prime. My favorite bodybuilder.

Thanks everyone for the comments they are appreciated. I think once I lose some fat I'll look much thicker with the unshirted pictures.

Total weight gain was 45 pounds.

Beast
12-28-2006, 09:56 PM
Good luck on the cut.

Are you happy with the way your bulk turned out?

Jordanbcool
12-28-2006, 09:57 PM
Good luck on the cut.

Are you happy with the way your bulk turned out?

Very happy. Although my arms, are horribly lagging now....but I can deal with it.

Other then that....Chest, shoulders, back and legs have all gotten huge compared to myself over the summer.

Organichu
12-29-2006, 02:35 AM
I'd suggest not taking your bulk so far in the future. You look to have gained at least 25 lbs of fat.

On the good side, though- you also look to have gained some rather nice mass, especially in the back, legs and chest.

You'll look far better after cutting. Be strong w/ psmf.

McVein
12-29-2006, 04:33 AM
i always thought the avataar was you too....

anyway, looking bigger man...congrats on the bulk

Jordanbcool
12-29-2006, 05:03 AM
i always thought the avataar was you too....

anyway, looking bigger man...congrats on the bulk

haha no way! If I looked like that do you think I'd be on WBB so much? lol.

McVein
12-29-2006, 05:05 AM
i look like that and im on every day lol...

Bob
12-29-2006, 06:26 AM
Nice Job Jordan...
Why don't you post a before-45 lb bulk picture so folks can get a reference.. and not have to go thru all your old threads...

GL on the bulk.. gotta hate it!!

RedSpikeyThing
12-29-2006, 08:36 AM
Holy **** you gained a lot!! Have fun with the cut!!

PS Now I understand why you're going to be doing PSMF.

KarateBoy
12-29-2006, 01:40 PM
Based on your cropped front pic, you look 30%

What's your waist at naval? 39''?

Rock Steady
12-29-2006, 02:23 PM
I'd suggest not taking your bulk so far in the future. You look to have gained at least 25 lbs of fat.

That estimate seems high to me. 25 pounds of additional fat would leave him looking much worse than he looks now. (I think he looks pretty good for the end of a bulk.)

Rock Steady
12-29-2006, 02:24 PM

:windup: Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaa? No way. Low 20's... max. Maybe even high teens. I'd call it 20%.

Unholy
12-29-2006, 02:33 PM
Ide say low to mid 20's as far as BF % goes

Organichu
12-29-2006, 03:26 PM
That estimate seems high to me. 25 pounds of additional fat would leave him looking much worse than he looks now. (I think he looks pretty good for the end of a bulk.)

Well, in his first pic he's, say, 170 @ 14%. That's 24 lbs of fat.

He might even be heavier- say, 180 @ 14%. That's 25 lbs of fat.

Now he gained 45 lbs.

That'd put him at either 215 @ 23%. That's 49.5 lbs of fat.

Or he is closer to 180 in the initial pics, and is now 225 @ 23%. That's 52 lbs of fat.

So I could be off in my initial guesstimate of his weight... but whatever his exact initial weight was- yeah, it looks like he gained around 25 lbs of fat.

Jordanbcool
12-29-2006, 04:13 PM
Well, in his first pic he's, say, 170 @ 14%. That's 24 lbs of fat.

He might even be heavier- say, 180 @ 14%. That's 25 lbs of fat.

Now he gained 45 lbs.

That'd put him at either 215 @ 23%. That's 49.5 lbs of fat.

Or he is closer to 180 in the initial pics, and is now 225 @ 23%. That's 52 lbs of fat.

So I could be off in my initial guesstimate of his weight... but whatever his exact initial weight was- yeah, it looks like he gained around 25 lbs of fat.

I don't think its that bad, I think its more like 20lbs of fat.

Anyways, 23% seems about right for myself from what I've gathered on the forums. I don't think I'm high enough to be 30% but I know I'm not in the teens.

For some they might be upset at the fat gain. But at the time (and now) I was more concerned with strength and overall mass. I've gained alot of both.....my dead lift has went up about 40-45 pounds, bench has went up 25 pounds and squat went up 20 pounds. However, I haven't maxed out in almost two months so I think all these numbers are still even higher. I can feel my lat spread is much wider and same thing with other poses. Once I cut down I think I'll look really great this summer.

Anyways. I'll always rather be called fat then scrawny.

P.S. The whole 52lbs of fat is kinda exaggerated. I can't get rid of that 52 pounds because that means I would have zero body fat. To imply this is misleading to other newbie members as a body fat under 5% is extremely unlikely for any human (male) being. However, I already know I'll have to drop around 40lbs to achieve my goals but that doesn't bother me.

Stumprrp
12-29-2006, 05:05 PM

What's your waist at naval? 39''?

how many more stupid estimates can you make? hes obviously bloated as hell and 30% is REALLY fat.

dont worry jordan, this is the same fool that said i look like i need to lose 20 lbs before i hit 20% from watching my lower body video

Gabrielle
12-29-2006, 05:28 PM
You gained a lot of mass, bro good job. I think you probably could have recomped your body from where you were at pre-bulk, but different strokes for different folks.

Davidelmo
12-29-2006, 06:42 PM
No way 30% body fat. I'd guess around 20% personally.

Definately put on a lot of LBM though, solid legs too. For your lat spread try putting your thumbs on your hip bones and then "hugging a tree" with your elbows. You're kinda hunched over in the lat spread pics and it does you no justice at all.

Jordanbcool
12-29-2006, 07:11 PM
No way 30% body fat. I'd guess around 20% personally.

Definately put on a lot of LBM though, solid legs too. For your lat spread try putting your thumbs on your hip bones and then "hugging a tree" with your elbows. You're kinda hunched over in the lat spread pics and it does you no justice at all.

Thats what stump said. Maybe I'll work on it a little tonight. I'll tell you guys if I post new pics.

Jordanbcool
12-29-2006, 07:27 PM
Heres the best one I've had. Its probably the best I'll come up with until I practice more.

That being said. I could eat dinner on my back. :)

P.S. I feel like a huge douche with that obnoxious sponge bob thing haha.

Stumprrp
12-29-2006, 09:53 PM
yeah your back deffinatly got bigger, how about your back type lifts?

once that waist goes down you will look gigantic

Jordanbcool
12-29-2006, 09:57 PM
yeah your back deffinatly got bigger, how about your back type lifts?

once that waist goes down you will look gigantic

Thats def. something to consider. Maybe I'll try a max bent over row or cable row or something like that.

The heaviest lat row I had was 220x6 but that was almost two months ago.

Most recent "big" lift was on the super squat program. A 90 pound dumbbell 15 times.....that was hard as crap especially doing two sets and with each arm....But again.....even that one is two weeks old. I've been out flat cus of that surgery. I really want to post some pics of them. My mom needs to develop the juicy ones. They are gross.

Davidelmo
12-30-2006, 10:07 AM
Yeah jordan, further to what I said last night and thinking about it more carefully, I'd like to add something.

I think you might have bulked a bit too quickly. Looking at your numbers (weight, body fat etc), you have put on lean mass but you have gained, to me, a disproportionate amount of fat too. I would do a cut now and next time try to bulk a little slower.

I'm not trying to criticise or be harsh on you, but you know it's going to be a pain to lose the extra fat you put on to get back below 14-15%. I like to think that the less fat you gain when you bulk, the less time you have to diet!
You might gain muscle slower but I think it's worth it.

And the lat spread - you still dont seem to have it right. You're very hunched over - (It's either that or your lats are very small or your waist is huge) and I dont think the pose is doing you justice.

Shoulders back
Thumbs on your hip bones
"Hug a tree" with your elbows, but KEEP YOUR SHOULDERS BACK.. dont hunch forwards.
Practice in a mirror until you know when your back is at it's widest.

That should improve your pose a lot and make your back look a lot wider.

Just my thoughts anyway!

Les Paul
12-30-2006, 01:20 PM
awesome star wars poster

McVein
12-30-2006, 01:51 PM
awesome spongebob towel

christianBBer
12-30-2006, 01:59 PM
I remember when you said you eat "2lbs of steak for dinner"

Well, clearly that didnt help you build muscle at all.

True you are bigger, but you cannot tell any muscle gain until you cut, and after you do cut, you'll loose some muscle. So its impossible to see any measure of real muscle gains.

Why didnt you clean bulk ? Feed your self the BMR calroies plus a little extra, like 500 over. eat healthy food, like steak, chicken, egg hites, oatmeal. Not pop tarts You cannot force your body to produce more muscle then it possibly can by stuffing your face with enourmous amounts of food. Only fat will be gained.

For you who dont read that article. Basically he uses an analigy on building muscle.

Your body has a set rate of building muscle, the only thing to increase that will be steroids.

An Analogy
" I like to use a construction worker analogy to explain this. Imagine that your muscles are like a house you're trying to build. The bricks used to build the house represent the amino acids (from the ingestion of protein) while the money you're paying the workers (so that they'll do the work) represents the carbs and fat you eat.

Finally, the workers represent the factors involved in the protein synthesis process (Testosterone mainly) and the truck bringing the bricks to the workers represent insulin (which plays a capital role in transporting the nutrients to the muscle cells).

If you don't give the workers enough bricks (protein) they won't be able to build the house as fast as they could. So in that regard, an insufficient protein intake will slow down muscle growth.

Similarly, if you don't pay your workers enough (low carbs or fat intake) they won't be as motivated to work hard. As a result, the house won't be built very rapidly. In fact, if you really cut the workers' pay, they might even get mad, go on strike, and start demolishing the house (catabolism due to an excessively low caloric intake). So in that regard, not consuming enough protein or calories to support muscle growth will lead to a slower rate of gains.

Now, what happens if you start to send more bricks (increase protein intake) to the workers? Well, they'll be able to build the house more rapidly because they aren't lacking in raw material. However, at some point, sending more and more bricks won't lead to a faster rate of construction because the workers can only perform so much work in any given amount of time. For example, if your crew can add 1000 bricks per day to the walls, giving them 2000 bricks per day will be useless: it exceeds their work capacity. So the excess bricks will go to waste (literally).

In the same regard, if you increase your workers' salary (increase caloric intake) chances are their motivation will also increase and as a result they'll build the house faster. However, just like with bricks, there comes a point where increasing the workers' salary won't have any effect on the house-building rate: the workers will reach their physical limit. Once this limit is reached you can increase their salary all you want; they won't be able to add bricks to the house any faster.

What I'm trying to say is you can't bully your body into building muscle by force-feeding it. Adding nutrients and calories will have a positive effect on muscle growth until you reach your saturation point. After that, any additional calories will be stored as body fat.

So while it's true the more you eat the bigger you'll get, the additional weight will be in the form of fat, not muscle tissue. " - t-nation

Gabrielle
12-30-2006, 02:07 PM
I will say good effort for posting that from t-nation, but most regulars on these forums have read that article already. That article has been talked about on numerous board on the net already.

christianBBer
12-30-2006, 02:14 PM
I will say good effort for posting that from t-nation, but most regulars on these forums have read that article already. That article has been talked about on numerous board on the net already.

Its obvious he didnt read it if u looked closely at where he was in July to Now

Jordanbcool
12-30-2006, 02:26 PM
Its obvious he didnt read it if u looked closely at where he was in July to Now

No offense. But I didnt even bother reading anything you posted....

You can clearly tell I've gained alot of muscle, fat and weight. So its not either or and its not just alot of one thing. I think I put on fat and muscle fairly equally which doesnt bother me. People have their own methods of bulking. I was sick of being small so I did an all out dirty bulk.

I know what I'm doing. Lets jut leave it at that.

EDIT: I skimmed over your post and the analogy is terrible. You can and will gain more muscle the more you eat. Its as simple as that.

Built
12-30-2006, 02:28 PM
Looking huge bud!

When does the cut start? What's your timeline?

Jordanbcool
12-30-2006, 02:31 PM
Looking huge bud!

When does the cut start? What's your timeline?

It starts Monday and I'm giving myself 5 months.

6 weeks PSMF

2 weeks Maintanence

8 weeks UD2

Any remainder of time can be used if I mess up or things don't work out or something.

My end goal is to cut down to about 8ish at around 190 pounds.

christianBBer
12-30-2006, 02:45 PM
I skimmed over your post and the analogy is terrible. You can and will gain more FAT the more you eat. Its as simple as that.

Here I fixed it for you.

The analogy is terrible ? I was trying to be nice but its obvious your just ignorant, Do whatever you want to do. Your going to loose a lot of muscle when you cut.

Jordanbcool
12-30-2006, 02:47 PM
Here I fixed it for you.

The analogy is terrible ? I was trying to be nice but its obvious your just ignorant, Do whatever you want to do. Your going to loose a lot of muscle when you cut.

If I tell you my goal is to lose as much muscle as possible will you stop posting in the thread that I MADE.

My point is that I do not care about your opinions. They are wrong.

P.S. I know its lame guys but heres a better lat spread (again)..... I have alot of free time.

Organichu
12-30-2006, 05:50 PM
He's trying to help, Jordan.

Clarification: we have roughly analagous views on dieting- i.e. neither of us shy away from "extreme" methods. So I guess our mindsets are in the same sport, if not the same ballpark.

I don't think the way you bulked was the most efficient, or the most healthy.

I see what you're getting at- why eat at a few hundred over maintenance, just skimming muscle gain, when one can eat significantly over and insure maximum gain.

But the fact is, there is a point of diminishing returns. Look at any guy who's bulked far too long- the muscle comes slower, the fat faster.

It seems that you just hyperstimulated that mechanism... eat big to get big, but eat huge and you'll get huge- in a bad way.

Just trying to be helpful for the future.

Good luck with your cut.

deeder
12-30-2006, 07:37 PM
Jordan, I wasn't going to put anything in here because I feared my criticism would be taken with hostility.

I'm with alot of the people in here that suggest next time taking the bulk a bit slower. However you seem very confident with your methods. I hope you aren't disappointed at the end of your cut!

Another thing to consider, since you've put on a considerable amount of fat you're going to be cutting for a while to take that off without losing too much lean mass. You wouldn't have to cut for as long if you went slower, which means more time bulking! :p

*** Edit:

When I saw my avatar I remembered your terrible lat spread! heheh
The last pic you posted you seem to have the tree-hugging-with-elbows part down.. Now puff you're chest up nice and high and push down with your elbows (keep pushing forward too). This seems to do the trick for me! Oh, and I can't tell if your hands are on your waist or not... Anyway, they should be on your waist :windup:

You're not the only one bad at lat spreads: My first lat spread (http://64.191.89.25/attachment.php?attachmentid=18705&d=1133083985)

WBBIRL
12-30-2006, 07:50 PM
I'll agree that maybe the bulk was a wee bit to fast, but that doesnt take away the fact he could have added 20-30 pounds of solid mass to his frame.

If he keeps protein intake high enough, carbs in moderation and enough healthy fats then his body has no choice to but spare fat in a caloric deficit.

PSMF works primarly by offsetting the muslce loss tied with starvation ([retty much PSMF in a nutshell) with enough protein intake and low enough carb intake to force your body to use fat to derive a better portion of Essential Nutrients.

So Jordan can shed all that fat he's put on without losing too much muscle at all.

On the next bulk though, I'd take it slower and aim for about 5-7 pounds per month. A strong young man can easily add that much naturally at our age and have it almost all be muscle.

Gabrielle
12-30-2006, 08:54 PM
I will give you props Jordan because you had a goal and stuck to it. That is determination right there. Perhaps your bulking routine was not the most efficient, but I think in life you live and you learn.

Jordanbcool
12-31-2006, 09:17 AM
Well from now on, my bulks will be much cleaner and more controlled.

Its just.....at the time I felt really small. I hated being small. I was always used to being big so I told myself "jordan you really need to do something". So I bulked really hard and enjoyed it. I had alot of fun this bulk......fun training and being able to eat alot of food with little guilt...haha.

I'm happy that I reached my goals. Again, I surpassed my expected strength and weight goals that I had set for myself. Maybe I could've gained just as much mass without all the fatty/bad foods.....But again, at the time. Strength + size > bodyfat %. I tend to bulk really hard and cut really hard....I think as I grow older though that will def. change into a more traditional, moderate approuch.

Anyways, thanks for the comments guys. Its appreciated. If anything, I think I learned alot this bulk. Like what different training methods work for me and stuff like that.

tdotteg
01-01-2007, 08:57 AM
looking thick.. have fun cutting :)

Jorge Sanchez
01-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Good luck Jordan. I don't envy your cut.

isosceles
01-16-2007, 03:49 PM
reply to your PM, hahaha i need 15 for that apprently:

Haha yeah well it was because my pics are in URL and i needed 10 posts. Ive read your whole journal though and you are freakin awesome bro. People huge like you are why Im gettin in this.

Jordanbcool
01-16-2007, 04:00 PM
Thanks man. Just stick around on this site. You'll learn alot. I sure did.

Good luck with your goals!!

ddegroff
01-16-2007, 07:07 PM
Hey bro, not sure how I missed this one.

Man your not little any more, good work bro!

You put some good size on your back, the leg pics are too hard to compare. Either way great work, I'll be interested to see the pics when your done cutting.

Jordanbcool
01-16-2007, 07:11 PM
Yea. The before lower body pics are really crappy.....

To be honest my legs have grown but not nearly as much as my upper body. My dead and squat has gone up a bit so I know I added on something down there. I just can't wait to see how it looks.

Sidior
01-17-2007, 09:11 AM
update with mid PSMF pics!

Jordanbcool
01-17-2007, 09:50 AM
update with mid PSMF pics!

lol??

I have to diet for 5 months sid...I've barely put a dent :p

Plus I gotta carb up. I plan to do it at the end of this month or mid February.

Relentless
01-17-2007, 10:07 AM
Jord,

For future comparisons, you will be best served by using the same/standard bodybuilding type poses if you want to accurately gauge progress from your pics.

Pick a couple of standard poses (front dbl bi, rear lat spread, back dbl bi, most muscular, what-have-you) and take them with your camera and body in the same relative position, under the same lighting, EACH TIME.

You'll see progress (or lack therof) MUCH more clearly.

Jordanbcool
01-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Do you think I should maintenance at the end of the month or mid-February? I'm unsure of which I should do.

isosceles
01-17-2007, 11:43 AM
hey i got a question about your tattoo man

ok so i was thinking of getting one, but does it stretch out/distort at all when you constantly bulk and cut? thats my only concern i dont want something thats gona be there forever to get all messed up.

Jordanbcool
01-17-2007, 11:48 AM
hey i got a question about your tattoo man

ok so i was thinking of getting one, but does it stretch out/distort at all when you constantly bulk and cut? thats my only concern i dont want something thats gona be there forever to get all messed up.

nah man. You don't have to worry about stuff like that. Skin is very elastic. Unless you bulk to 500 pounds you don't have to worry about it becoming stretched out or distorted.

As you grow your tattoo will grow with you. Like, the letters will become more spaced out on mine as my back grows bigger but not by much.

JHolmes145
01-17-2007, 04:02 PM
i think the ppl who are being over critical about how much fat jordan have bulked are the ppl whove never ate 5000 cals a day consistently and got bloated. i bet the initial 10-15 lbs of weight loss wich will be water and glycogen will give a better idea of progress if jordan takes pics.

Jordanbcool
01-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Thats true.

In the mornings I have to say that I look much leaner. I just don't normally like taking pictures in the morning because I'm totally depleted and therefore I look like **** in the mirror.

Uh. Would you guys like me to take a morning shot?? I can do that easily tomorrow if you guys would like.