PDA

View Full Version : Lower Body 12/29/06 Video

Stumprrp
12-29-2006, 10:12 AM
Hey guys heres another video of this mornings lower body workout. The first set is 455 lbs on wide powerlifting squats, i cant stand this and i miss depth like hell, oh well, second is 405 x 2 the same way and im still missing a bit maybe hit parallel on the second, im better narrow full squats to be honest. Thrid is 315 x 1 zercher and look how fast i come up lol i almost fell, i didnt get 365 x 1 on video but it was just as easy. Last is 500 x 2 RDL's.

Enjoy

Listen for..
elephant sex noise during the zerchers, yes that was me, and some good war cries during the RDL's

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JiwLUgHe3c

McVein
12-29-2006, 11:43 AM
sick squatting stump man

Beast
12-29-2006, 11:48 AM
Sick as usual!

KevinStarke
12-29-2006, 12:38 PM
Good strength man.

sharkall2003
12-29-2006, 12:44 PM
Good lifts. Maybe it's just me but you could have went lower on the squats. Either way, very strong and excellent job.

Bob
12-29-2006, 12:47 PM
Shark... Stumpster already said he missed on depth!!!

Another awesome Stumpster video & workout... keep it up dude..

Stumprrp
12-29-2006, 01:13 PM
thanks guys

yeah i missed, im going back to regular oly squats until my hips are more flexible, my upper end strength on squats is tremendous compared to my full distance, easy 700 lb half squat from rack and 600 front from rack, just gotta work on the low end.

Detard
12-29-2006, 01:34 PM
nice work stump. that 500 dl looked crazy!

KarateBoy
12-29-2006, 01:34 PM
You're moving some decent weight around but I gotta say you're nowhere near 20%

Honestly, you sorta look like you got 20lbs to lose to hit 20%:offtopic:

Stumprrp
12-29-2006, 01:42 PM

sorry but first off that isnt what this video was for, i think my weights are more then decent for 1 year of training no? and take a look at my pre bulk 220 video, you dont see people over 20% with back deffinition.

ill admit it, i look fat as **** in that video, but its a video, not in person.

thanks detard

McVein
12-29-2006, 03:03 PM

dont mind that rubbish shtumpy

MeHoW
12-29-2006, 03:06 PM

2nded.

Jordanbcool
12-29-2006, 04:21 PM
Why do you guys think he looks that fat?

First off. He has a shirt on, so there's no way of telling anyways.

2nd he doesn't look anywhere near as fat as you guys are making it out to be.

Stump.

On the zerkers. That was the sound I made yesterday when I took a dump. Strong squatting!!

WBBIRL
12-29-2006, 04:45 PM
Stumprrps moving good weight for ANYONE let alone a 17 year old man with less then 2 years total experience. There are men 5-7 years older then him, bigger then him moving no where near the weight he moves and that includes A LOT of people on this site.

He has to be holding atleast 175 LBS of LBM.

Zerchers look painfull bro, 315 was all I could hold onto on my first go round a week ago. But they are good for building strength!

Stumprrp
12-29-2006, 04:50 PM
thanks for getting my back all, i get very defensive since i used to be really heavy lol

IRL - zerchers are TREMENDOUS but i have a slight feeling they are easier then back squats, i cant get that kind of speed when i go full on back.

im really dissapointed at how crappy those squats were, ill video tape some more full squats another time.

looks like a mean 25% BF to me! =/

Jordanbcool
12-29-2006, 05:04 PM
thanks for getting my back all, i get very defensive since i used to be really heavy lol

IRL - zerchers are TREMENDOUS but i have a slight feeling they are easier then back squats, i cant get that kind of speed when i go full on back.

im really dissapointed at how crappy those squats were, ill video tape some more full squats another time.

looks like a mean 25% BF to me! =/

Doubtful.

I think your estimate of 19-20% is much more accurate. I'm not saying it to be nice either.....25% is way to high for your muscularity.

Stumprrp
12-29-2006, 05:09 PM
haha its all good guys im not as pissed anymore

back to critiquing my CRAP ASS squats lol.

WBBIRL
12-29-2006, 06:29 PM
You didn't go far enough down on the back squats, but still much better then average.

How much weight was it again. I'm not sure I agree zerchers are easier, but they do seem to hammer my quads a bit more then back squats do. Whatever it is, the reason why I seem to favor my left leg goes away when I do zerchers so maybe theres my first step in figuring that out.

Davidelmo
12-29-2006, 06:36 PM
You're skinny-fat AND weak.. how does that feel, huh?

*hides*

Seriously, holy crap that back-double-bi shot is insane. You look massive and you put up bigger weights than the guys in my gym with 15yrs experience and who also juice.

Can'tstopnow
12-29-2006, 07:37 PM
You are gonna be a bigsumbitch. The back and bi shot is impressive. I wish I knew what you know when I was your age.

Stumprrp
12-29-2006, 09:50 PM
irl it was 455 and 405, ive done 455 x 2 with a narrow stance at parallel or slightly lower before , iwas just trying this stance out.

david much appreciated i hope its better after i cut

cant thanks man

Kana
12-29-2006, 09:57 PM
Nice lower strength, Stump.

Question though, were you straining your lower back during those RDL's?

Stumprrp
12-29-2006, 10:04 PM
thanks kana, actually it was suprisingly not bad at all because i tried to reach back more then bend over.

Fuzzy
12-29-2006, 10:21 PM
HOLY ****ING ****

YOUR FOREARMS LOOK LIKE DEAD FLUFFY SQUIRRELS.

:p insane stuff man, youll go far, god thats just nuts. *shakes head*

Stumprrp
12-29-2006, 10:22 PM
haha thanks fuzzy

Tofer
12-30-2006, 12:07 AM
20lbs before he reaches 20%? Oh man, you have to be joking.

Don't let comments like that get to you, Stump. I mean, you warm-up with his long-term goals. It's obviously a jealousy thing.

Roark
12-30-2006, 04:30 AM
that back shot looks very good

hankviss
12-30-2006, 05:12 AM
Drop the weight ond work on your form, your dead lift form was very bad and you are going to get hurt lifting slopppy like that.

Fuzzy
12-30-2006, 05:18 AM
^^^ wat do u pull mate?

hankviss
12-30-2006, 05:26 AM
^^^ wat do u pull mate?
I just started dead lifting so I'm not very strong yet, my best so far is 365x6.
I'm more into bench and squats, but I do like deads now that I have been doing them.

Stumprrp
12-30-2006, 06:29 AM
thanks tofer and roark

hank - its not a deadlift, its a RDL and thats how the exersize is done, its actually my first time ever doing RDL's so im pleased.

hankviss
12-30-2006, 06:55 AM
The twisting is very bad so be careful, form has to be #1

Chubrock
12-30-2006, 07:25 AM
The twisting is very bad so be careful, form has to be #1

What twisting are you talking about? Other than the fact that Bob coulda kicked his hips back a bit further, his form looked pretty decent.

hankviss
12-30-2006, 07:37 AM
What twisting are you talking about? Other than the fact that Bob coulda kicked his hips back a bit further, his form looked pretty decent.Just giving my opinion....same as you are.

Chubrock
12-30-2006, 07:45 AM
You could clarify what you're talking about other than just stating random things.

bill
12-30-2006, 07:50 AM
Strong lifting, nice back picture also.

Stumprrp
12-30-2006, 08:01 AM
thanks bill

yeah i could of kicked back a little further but it was hard with that weight lol

Sensei
12-30-2006, 08:39 AM
You look strong Stump, but the squats are all way above parallel. Try hitting some lighter ultra-wide stance squats for a while - you'll feel like someone is trying to pull your legs out of their sockets, but it will help you develop flexibility.

Sensei
12-30-2006, 08:48 AM
Also, Stump, why do you walk out your RDLs and Zerchers that way?

Stumprrp
12-30-2006, 09:01 AM
sensei i was hopeing you would pop in, im gonna have to work on the flexibility because i know im good for more then 455 the weight was nothing but i was to high. actually good question i guess the bar was there so i did it like that LOL

the depth on the zerchers is usually where i am on back squats maybe lower.

KarateBoy
12-30-2006, 12:25 PM
sorry but first off that isnt what this video was for, i think my weights are more then decent for 1 year of training no? and take a look at my pre bulk 220 video, you dont see people over 20% with back deffinition.

ill admit it, i look fat as **** in that video, but its a video, not in person.

thanks detard

I'm not trying to be an a$$h0le. I do see people with back definition above 20%. I honestly looked to me at 20% at 195 and you bulked another 25 lbs since then.

It says in your sig that you want to cut? You got a solid 30-40 lbs to cut before you're what I consider properly lean.

I remember you posted once complaining how someone didn't believe that you lift weights. This is why.

If you want to be a powerlifter, ignore me, if you want to be proud to take your shirt off at the beach you're gonna want to atleast let my words swirlle around in your head.

20lbs before he reaches 20%? Oh man, you have to be joking.

Don't let comments like that get to you, Stump. I mean, you warm-up with his long-term goals. It's obviously a jealousy thing.

You totally got me there stud:eek:

BTW I haven't been on WBB in 3+ months and I surpassed all those "Long term goals"

I see nothing to be jelous of and if we compare body weights I lift more than him and I've been lifting for a shorter time frame. Big whoop. I'm doing to post pics at the end of this bulk. Can you say 25lbs in 3 months and still under 10% bodyfat?

That's not what this is about.

Anyway sorry to derail your thread.

Sidior
12-30-2006, 12:34 PM
I'm not trying to be an a$$h0le. I do see people with back definition above 20%. I honestly looked to me at 20% at 195 and you bulked another 25 lbs since then.

It says in your sig that you want to cut? You got a solid 30-40 lbs to cut before you're what I consider properly lean.

I remember you posted once complaining how someone didn't believe that you lift weights. This is why.

If you want to be a powerlifter, ignore me, if you want to be proud to take your shirt off at the beach you're gonna want to atleast let my words swirlle around in your head.

You totally got me there stud:eek:

BTW I haven't been on WBB in 3+ months and I surpassed all those "Long term goals"

I see nothing to be jelous of and if we compare body weights I lift more than him and I've been lifting for a shorter time frame. Big whoop. I'm doing to post pics at the end of this bulk. Can you say 25lbs in 3 months and still under 10% bodyfat?

That's not what this is about.

Anyway sorry to derail your thread.

Exactly. The point of this thread was not to guess his bf% but to critique his lifts. Everyone jumped on you because you took it upon yourself to insult him, without commenting on the weight he was moving.

Stump looking real strong bro. Wide stance squats take awhile before you can hit proper depth in them.

Stumprrp
12-30-2006, 12:36 PM
thanks sid, im going to work on flexibity for sure, this was odd to me man.

WBBIRL
12-30-2006, 03:57 PM
I wanna take my shirt off and pop a double bi flex to every man woman and child I see, after I get down to a reasonable bodyfat ofcourse.

Keep it large stumpy

Sensei
12-30-2006, 10:01 PM
I'm not trying to be an a$$h0le...Really?

If you want to be a powerlifter, ignore me, if you want to be proud to take your shirt off at the beach you're gonna want to atleast let my words swirlle around in your head.How many powerlifters you know personally?

Why is this always the argument skinny weak bastards use?

HeavyBomber
12-30-2006, 10:14 PM
Okay Stumprrp, you're stronger than ***** but I can't give you a pass on those squats. Lord knows I love heavy weight but not at the expense of hitting par.
Also, those RDLs... again the weight is impressive but it's like you're rounding during the lift and then correcting toward the end. They don't look good.

WBBIRL
12-30-2006, 10:17 PM
Why is this always the argument skinny weak bastards use?

Because they can pack on some lean mass fairly easy, as they have little to being with. Its like their bodys frantically trying to beef itself up, so muscle is put on at the expense of everything else.

Of course that last sentence is complete hogwash, but small twig "athletic" guys can usually put on that first 20-30 with no problems. They also usually have a high metabolism coupled with the fact these types usually do insane amounts of cardio.

Tell Mariuz not to walk around with his shirt off, I would but Im afraid he'd eat me.

12-30-2006, 11:35 PM
i was wondering where this video was- i couldnt find it anywhere- zerchers suck i hate going heavy on them- but now its time to hit parallel EVERY time- its def goodto tape your self or have some one watch you to make 100% sure your hitting it and if your not time to fix it!!!!

Stumprrp
12-31-2006, 06:40 AM
HB - yeah i understand, its just a flexibility issue, the stumps still had more in em. even if the back is rounding a bit, isnt it alright for some round back pulling? i usually try to stay tight but this was my first time doing these.

fuzzy - same dude

8.8 - exact reason i taped myself because i had no one around to ask lol

ok im pretty embarassed and upset with myself at these squats, next time i do regular squats expect a much better video, this is horrendous.

sorry for the letdown

**I ASSURE YOU i can squat 455 below parallel, ive done it and will do it again.

HeavyBomber
01-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Oh hell no Stump! Embarassed and upset? No man, don't be like that! You're doing awesome.
When I post I expect honest opinions and I know you do too. No reason to be embarassed. You're stronger than crap and you WILL get that 455 below -I ASSURE YOU!

HeavyBomber
01-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Oh, and just to keep things in perspective, when I was your age I couldn't squat 225 below par. Also, I knew jack about lifting compared to you.

Stumprrp
01-01-2007, 06:39 PM
i know HB i just always want the best haha

hellz yeah dude, look at my other 455 video, the reps are way deeper.

more videos tomorrow

stevec087
01-01-2007, 06:43 PM
Those zerchers looked pretty sweet, you've inspired me to try some. What sort of stretches are you doing to increase mobility? I usually do some dynamic stretches like high kicks and high knees to loosen up my hips which helps me get real low.

Also, have you tried using a box for the squats to tell you when you've reached a good depth? I started doing that recently and it keeps me honest about the weight I put on when I squat. LOL it sucks to get stuck sitting on a box with too much weight on your back!

Stumprrp
01-01-2007, 06:49 PM
steve - just like the standard standing and sitting streches and stuff, ive never used a box for depth but ive done the actual box squats, which is why i know im good for alot more then that, since ive done 505 off a parallel box, and 495 x 6 off a box 1 inch high.

HeavyBomber
01-01-2007, 06:56 PM
...[clip]... since ive done 505 off a parallel box, and 495 x 6 off a box 1 inch high.

!!!!!!CRAP!!!!!!:omg:

stevec087
01-01-2007, 07:33 PM
since ive done 505 off a parallel box, and 495 x 6 off a box 1 inch high.

Holy smokes! haha, if you can do 1 inch boxes you might as well see if you can get your butt to touch the actual floor, that would be quite the accomplishment with the kind of weight your repping. Then you could say you had done a veritable ATF! That would be sweet.

You gotta let me see a vid of that if possible. I didn't know it was possible to get that low.

HeavyBomber
01-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Dude, I think he meant 1" higher than parallel. Right Stump?

Stumprrp
01-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Dude, I think he meant 1" higher than parallel. Right Stump?

lol, yes.

sorry for getting you excited.

405 x 16 easy off the same 1 inch high box too, gotta get my strength in the hole stronger

stevec087
01-01-2007, 09:53 PM
lol, yes.

sorry for getting you excited.

405 x 16 easy off the same 1 inch high box too, gotta get my strength in the hole stronger

Haha yea, after I made my post I started thinking that it didn't make sense because then your parallel squats would be inhumanly high. Regardless, 505 @ parallel is F'n nasty. Keep up the good work and I look forward to seein some more squat vids.

Stumprrp
01-02-2007, 04:47 AM
thx steve

fixationdarknes
01-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Sexy grunts.

Stumprrp
01-02-2007, 02:48 PM
lol thanks man

Anthony
01-03-2007, 05:57 AM
stumpie, you're strong as hell, but those squats weren't even close to parallel. At least half a foot away on the first one, and probably 4-6" away on the next two. Look at where your knee is in relation to the squat rack. Now notice how the crease of your hip doesn't even go below the squat rack safety arm. That crease has to be below your knee or you'll be red-lighted out the ass.

And turn around for your zerchers & rdls ... re-racking backwards is a good recipe for disaster!

Fuzzy
01-03-2007, 07:52 AM
(entire forum is eager anticipation of a redo video, i know i am)

Stumprrp
01-03-2007, 10:43 AM
anthony thats what im looking at but 6 inches seems to be exaggerating a bit it looks more about 4 inches to me, and the last rep of 405 was much closer probley 2 inches, i cant get down in a powerlifting stance, its all good because i can do the same weight full.

ok, ill rerack the other way, i didnt think it was a big deal.

oh, expect more videos, such as max effort SLDL's and bottom up squats IE hell in a squat lol.

-Superman-
01-03-2007, 01:25 PM
I am not experienced enough for squats stuff but those deadlifts were freaking crazy. I want to be able to pick 500 lbs off the ground like that and just say "now what? LOL". You are going to be super strong someday!

:thumbup:

Stumprrp
01-03-2007, 01:36 PM
thx superman no experience needed not deep enough! and those deads werent bad, i plan on attempting a 500 lb full SLDL friday

Natetaco
01-03-2007, 06:36 PM
anthony thats what im looking at but 6 inches seems to be exaggerating a bit it looks more about 4 inches to me, and the last rep of 405 was much closer probley 2 inches, i cant get down in a powerlifting stance, its all good because i can do the same weight full.

ok, ill rerack the other way, i didnt think it was a big deal.

oh, expect more videos, such as max effort SLDL's and bottom up squats IE hell in a squat lol.

ahmen, but hell is good for the soul:lurk:

Stumprrp
01-03-2007, 06:42 PM
haha, tiz not!

i remember i posted a video of bud jefferies doing 1000 from a bottom position and people ragged on it, i dont think ppl relieze how much harder it is from the bottom, and how SICK that is!