PDA

View Full Version : Bench Shirt and Squat Suit for newbie

deeder
12-29-2006, 02:01 PM
Hey all,

I've been looking at some of the different bench shirts and squat suits (mostly inzer). I'm looking for some relatively cheap gear but I have no idea about sizing or anything really...

I bench really wide (index fingers on the rings) and I squat sort of medium stance. Any suggestions for specific shirts/suits?

I wouldn't mind a squat suit that I could deadlift in as well so that I could avoid having to buy a deadlift suit. I pull conventional narrow stance...

If anyone can help me at all with sizing I'll post up whatever stats you need...

Sidior
12-29-2006, 02:15 PM
deeder are you looking for single ply stuff to compete in the IPF (I think I remember you saying you already did comps in it) or are you open to 2 ply as well?

deeder
12-29-2006, 02:20 PM
deeder are you looking for single ply stuff to compete in the IPF (I think I remember you saying you already did comps in it) or are you open to 2 ply as well?

Yeah sorry I should have specified. I'm competing in the IPF so single ply only!

Guido
12-29-2006, 02:43 PM
Titan F-6 is a great single-ply shirt for beginners AND experienced lifters. You can get a version that is for arched and for non-arched benchers. Titan Centurion is a good combination squat/DL suit. I've got two of them and I love it!

I'm not much for Inzer bench shirts but their squat/dl suits are okay.

KevinStarke
12-29-2006, 05:59 PM
The Rage X from inzer is a great single ply shirt. The hardcore is also a solid squat suit from Inzer.

deeder
01-01-2007, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the replies guys!

I saw a few people wearing the Rage X shirt and hardcore suit from Inzer at the competition I was at yesterday.

Anyone ever try Metal gear? That was another brand that seemed popular...

Guido
01-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Metal is good from what I've heard, but it's expensive compared to the others.

WillKuenzel
01-02-2007, 01:05 PM
I love my Metal squat suit. It pulls me funny if I don't concentrate but I get all kinds of pop out of the bottom. I have the Metal Pro 2-ply. I've never tried the single ply, though so I can't comment on that.

I've also used a buddy's 2-ply Metal bencher and got good results with it even though it was a couple sizes larger. Again, not the single ply shirt but just wanted to say I've liked what Metal gear I have used.

Sidior
01-02-2007, 03:31 PM
I just received an IPF metal squatter and will start using it within the month or so. I can give you feeback on it then. It will be my first piece of equipment so Im in the same boat as you.

waynedang
01-03-2007, 07:36 PM
The bad things about the Rage X are the warrany sucks!!! I had one for six days before I trashed it and Inzer only took it back because it was less than 7 days. Also the Rage X chest plate can not be altered ( thats what Inzer told me ) I would go with the Titan F6 or Fury and a Centurion.