PDA

View Full Version : New Years Eve Competition

deeder
12-31-2006, 04:19 PM
Squats went amazing! Bench and dead were slightly disappointing.. I think because I've been fighting off a cold for a while before this I just tired myself out on the squats.

We got vids of all the lifts so I'll post those up in the members pic section tomorrow probably...

Squat: (belt and knee wraps)
165kg
182.5 -- PR by 10kg since November 25! And I finally broke the 400lb barrier!

Bench: (RAW)
105kg
110kg - fail
110kg - fail
Both times I got the bar about an inch off my chest and then it just stopped... Boy I need to get a bench shirt... Oh, and 110kg is my previous PR...

Deadlift: (belt)
192.5kg
200kg
207.5kg - fail
Pulled 10lbs less than my previous PR and was hoping to add a few pounds to it but it just didn't want to come any higher than about 4 inches off the ground :p

Adam
12-31-2006, 04:33 PM
Great job Deeder!
Thats a sweet squat, if you put a suit on you'll hit some sick numbers
What weight class are you?

deeder
12-31-2006, 05:09 PM
Great job Deeder!
Thats a sweet squat, if you put a suit on you'll hit some sick numbers
What weight class are you?

Yeah I can't wait to get a suit!

I'm in the 82.5kg weight class..

deeder
12-31-2006, 05:16 PM
Oh yeah and by the way this was Ruffian's first competition too! She did the bench only and nailed 40kg, 47.5kg and just about got 55kg I think...

Adam
12-31-2006, 06:20 PM
Yeah I can't wait to get a suit!

I'm in the 82.5kg weight class..

Uh oh! Your in my class.
I still got ya by 0.5kg in the squat:p

It feels awesome to finally break the 400 barrier.

What province are you in?

deeder
12-31-2006, 06:35 PM
Holy ****! Fox Creek!?! I was working in Little Smoky for about 3 weeks this summer!

I'm from Regina, Sask though.. Are you going to nationals?

Those numbers in your sig kind of confuse me.. Were all the lifts done RAW? If so that's pretty freaking nuts man!

mikesbytes
12-31-2006, 07:17 PM
Excellent lifts. Where did you come in the comp?

Sleepy Guy
12-31-2006, 09:15 PM
Good work D. I wanna hear from Ruffian too.

Work hard, party hard.

Adam
01-01-2007, 09:19 AM
Holy ****! Fox Creek!?! I was working in Little Smoky for about 3 weeks this summer!

I'm from Regina, Sask though.. Are you going to nationals?

Those numbers in your sig kind of confuse me.. Were all the lifts done RAW? If so that's pretty freaking nuts man!

HAHA, small world man!
Yeah, my sig is pretty messed. The '03' numbers were all meet lifts(with equipment). The #'s on the right are my RAW PR's. They are PR's for me set over the course of ~2 year's.
If your ever around Fox again hit me up with a PM.

deeder
01-01-2007, 10:09 AM
mikesbites - No idea :p It was just a small gym competition. We did pizza instead of medals :)

sleepy - Thanks!

Adam - Chances are I'll never be around there again hehe. But if I am now I know who to call about a gym!

KevinStarke
01-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Big squat man congrats on the PR and doing well at the meet.

Ruffian
01-01-2007, 11:58 PM
Hey you guys!!! Deeder did awesome, but he is definately getting to a point where a bench shirt is necessity. I did o.k. Didnt make my weight class (missed by 1.5 kg) and after a day of 5 g carbs on Dec 30 I really didnt feel like going and sitting in a sauna for an hour in an attempt to loose it... I just thought Id enjoy the competition, and I have to say Im glad I did.

I got the 55 kg (about 20 lbs higher then anything Ive ever done in my life) about halfway up before it died, need to work on my triceps strength apparently, but I know that I can qualify at the next meet without question. The second lift was only 7 lbs below what I needed to qualify and it came up easy.
Ill have a vid up on youtube right away-itll go in the same thread as deeder's! When I qualify I'll plan on looking into a bench shirt.... :D

Edit: Click here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yklsmeYb-AQ) to see the vid of my lift(S)!

01-02-2007, 12:06 AM
nice work ruffian should have attempted exactly what you needed to qualify - i bet you would have had it 1st and 2nd attempt were easy

Ruffian
01-02-2007, 12:09 AM
nice work ruffian should have attempted exactly what you needed to qualify - i bet you would have had it 1st and 2nd attempt were easy

I was 2 kg short of the weighclass I ended up in that day on my third attempt. Lucas made out my cards for me for this competition- I was ridiculously nervous. I know I could push the 115 without question, so all I gotta do now is cut some weight (im thinking 4 lbs) before the next competition so I only have to drop a couple pounds in the week before hte competition... instead of 10.... That was not fun!

01-02-2007, 12:15 AM
oh i see- yes probally a good idea to be closer to you comp weight- 1 week out- i dont know why but i didnt think you were competing for another couple weeks- whens the next comp?

now that you have your first comp over with hopefully you wont be so nervouse next time around

deeder
01-02-2007, 12:30 AM
Aww you cut out all the funny faces you made!

Guido
01-02-2007, 10:47 AM
Was this your first meet? Great job, especially on the squats!

deeder
01-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Was this your first meet? Great job, especially on the squats!

This was my third competition so far and it was Ruffian's first. And of course thanks!

Guido
01-03-2007, 01:33 PM
Cool. How did Ruffian do?

Ruffian
01-03-2007, 02:28 PM
Hey Guido... I did pretty good, missed my third bench attempt but it was also 20 lbs more then I have ever done before... I missed my weightclass by a little over one kg, I probably could have dropped it but I decided I would much rather relax and enjoy my first competition experience then stress about it. I know I could have qualified, and knowing that I am also only within a few pounds of a provincial record is pretty damn cool. So Im going to train hard and either go out to Calgary in Febuary or else do another comp in regina before then (Im hoping to convince them) Ill qualify then and go to Nationals with Lucas in March :D