PDA

View Full Version : Clean-ish Bulk

Coopa
01-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Hey everybody, this is my first post so I guess also my introduction, might be a little long so bear with me. I've lurked around this site for a year or so but decided to take advantage of it for myself. I have to say this is probably the best site around the web.

Anyways current stats
Height: 5'11
Weight: 165 pounds first thing in the morning no food

I have always been a skinny kid, play tons of sports and soccer competitively. So I get my share of cardio, i was never ripped but was never fat. Currently my goal is 185 pounds ripped athletic look.

So after about 2 years of weightlifting I finally realized and put into effect the importance of nutrition. I am finally dedicated and have been following this diet (below) for a week or so, and will continue till I reach my goal. As for weights I hit them hard low reps 3 times a week. Tons of rest.

Anyways this is my typical diet in a day
M1: 6 egg whites, Glass of Juice, Large bagel
M2: Meal replacement (4 scoops which is one serving gives me 1025 calories, 50g of protein and like 176 carbs)
M3: Chicken Breast, Spaghetti
M4: Whey shake, and sometimes a peanut butter sandwich.
M5: Could be anything my mom usually cooks some good stuff; Contains vegetables, Fish, or meat, and pasta or potatoes.
M6:Chicken Breast
M7: Before bed I make a smoothie, tons of fruit and about half a cup of cottage cheese.
Roughly: 3500 calories, with 260g of protein

Try to drink tons of water. Diet can vary greatly whether it be a lot higher with some unhealthier foods, or other random food items. But for the most part this is a typical day.

So now to my question how does my diet look, enough protein? Calories? I am willing to gain a little fat.

Critique appreciated.

ps: have probably gained roughly 4 pounds of muscle already:nod: its been about a week and a half.

Stout
01-02-2007, 07:24 PM
Are you saying you gained four pounds of muscle in a only week and a half, cause that would seem incredibly quick/ almost imposible.

And if so how do you know it was only muscle and not fat as well, have you been getting body fat checked or something?

Coopa
01-02-2007, 07:52 PM
Yes I'll agree man it does seem quick, but impossible I don't think so. I actually think i gained around 4 pounds of muscle, how do i know its not fat?That is judging purely on looks. But with good reason, if you looked at my diet and workout plan two weeks or more ago you would realize how i could gain so much. I was fricken starving myself (not on purpose) at like 1500 calories with probably 60g protein tops, no wonder i wasnt making any gains. Workout didnt even include deadlifts, or squats.

Unreal
01-02-2007, 08:01 PM
Sorry, but you did not put on 4lbs of muscle in a week and 1/2. Maybe 1/2lb if your lucky and genetically elite, and then 3.5lbs of water.

Coopa
01-02-2007, 08:11 PM
Maybe your right maybe your wrong, but please guys could we stay on topic. I did not make this thread to dispute whether i gained 4 pounds of muscle or water or whatever I came here for critique of my diet.

Mr. D
01-02-2007, 09:03 PM
What are your sources of fat and how much are you getting a day? How old are you?

RedSpikeyThing
01-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Put it into fitday and then give us the totals

Altephor
01-03-2007, 12:59 AM
fitday.com, figure out your own calories.

Coopa
01-03-2007, 01:55 AM
ttp://fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=chrisccc

I couldn't post a link because the site won't let me until i have 10 posts or greater.

just add the h to the name above

thanks

BakedWafer
01-03-2007, 06:19 AM
I'd bump the fats up to 100, and try to get more calories from real food. But, not that bad.