PDA

View Full Version : UD 2.0 Questions - For those who are on it

ArchAngel777
01-02-2007, 08:14 PM
These are questions that I had after reading the book twice over. If any of you veterans can give me a hand, that would be great.

1) On Wednesday, what type of cario is permissable? Can it be HIIT or should it be steady state?

2) On Thursday, the cardio session that Lyle recomends be around 12:00, at least 4 hours before the weight workout. My question is almost the same as above, is this steady state or HIIT? I imagine steady state.

3) What are the best complex cabohydrates that do not contain fat? So far the only thing I have been able to find is pasta, but that leaves much to be desired... Oatmeal contains roughly a 1:8 ratio of fat to carbs, but since I will need to refeed nearly 1000grams of carbs, that isn't going to work entirely. I will be able to refeed on some Oatmeal, but not much. I also found some Special K cereal that doesn't contain fat but containts a decent amount of carbohydrates. If anyone does or has done UD 2.0, please give me some recomendations for carb loadups :D

4) Power Cleans - These used to be a staple of my workout. I know I cannot do them exclusively, but I would like to know that I can use them to deplete glycogen as well. They are a full body movement and rarely done above 8 reps. I can't see to find anyone on google that links the olympics lift as glycogen demanding.

That is all the questions I have for now. All four of these (to my knowledge) were not in the book.

Slim Schaedle
01-02-2007, 09:10 PM
1) HIIT will leave you in great pain and drastically reduce your abilty to recover. I did it once on a Wednesday and regretted it for about 2 weeks.

2) Low intensity

3) I start with dextrose, leading into "Super Pretzels" with fat free cream cheese, flavored rice cakes with fat free sugar free pudding on them (maybe some fat free whip cream, too...actually, the pudding can be used for alot of things) rice (white or brown) with fat free sour cream and salsa, russet potatoes baked in the oven to make french fries (I have a cheapy french fry slicer) Lucky Charms sometimes,

I refill on about 1600 grams so you should get 1000 pretty easily. I don't find major problems if I go over. Bewteen Fri and Sat my calorie count is insane. I think Snday, if anything, puts me back b/c my fat intake is supposed to be 166 grams so I have shoveled in triple whoppers, etc. even though I don't cut too well on what we at WBB cal adequate fat intake. Nontheless, my results have been great.

4) Power cleans would be GREAT for the Saturday workout

Crap..now I am hungry. 2 more days...

ddegroff
01-02-2007, 09:53 PM
russet potatoes baked in the oven to make french fries

I would eat 70g of potatoes. Then I would have burrito's 2 at a time.

As far as the cardio, I was doing two hours of aerobics (stupid college class). I did not do any cardio on thursday. HIIT sounds like a bad idea. Your muscles are so tired and depeleted steady state is the best.

Slim Schaedle
01-02-2007, 10:19 PM
I would eat 70g of potatoes. Then I would have burrito's 2 at a time.

As far as the cardio, I was doing two hours of aerobics (stupid college class). I did not do any cardio on thursday. HIIT sounds like a bad idea. Your muscles are so tired and depeleted steady state is the best.

I can slice up 1000g, put them on a cookie sheet, spray them down with Pam or whateva, throw some salt on, and cook em up....that takes about 30 minutes.

They all go down in about 30 seconds.

:)

ddegroff
01-02-2007, 10:40 PM
^ I used a spice mixture I bought from the grocery store. They go down so easy.

ArchAngel777
01-03-2007, 07:56 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. I haven't done steady state cardio in months. I suppose the bike is the best route them. Looks like I am going hit the grocery store tonight. I love sugar free pudding and eat it regularly (obviously not on UD 2.0 depletetion days) but IRRC, the carbs in there are pretty fast acting (malto, I think?) I might just mix it up really thick like pie pudding and use it for a dessert type good... fat free cool whip. Hmmmm, if I could make a pie crust without fat and only carbs I could make a pie and down it! Ha, that sounds great. Well, anyway thanks a lot Slim!

galileo
01-03-2007, 08:02 AM
Wannabebig is a great source for all things diet, training, and supplementation. But if you have specific questions about a program, I implore you to go to the website where you'll get the answers from the author (http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/forums).

ArchAngel777
01-03-2007, 08:19 AM
Wannabebig is a great source for all things diet, training, and supplementation. But if you have specific questions about a program, I implore you to go to the website where you'll get the answers from the author (http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/forums).

That would be a good idea, but my work does not allow me to access sites that are "questionable" and his forum brings up a rating of 150+ on even the front page! (50 is enough to block me). And his site does have some content that I would like to avoid. Thanks for the suggestion.

galileo
01-03-2007, 08:30 AM
Do you have the option for internet at home?

Vapour Trails
01-03-2007, 09:50 AM
I like white bread with jam for the carb load, very little fat compared to the total carbs.
I would not put power cleans in your depletion work unless you're fond of vomiting at the gym.

galileo
01-03-2007, 10:04 AM
I like white bread with jam for the carb load, very little fat compared to the total carbs.
I would not put power cleans in your depletion work unless you're fond of vomiting at the gym.

Exactly. Power cleans, snatches, and other OLY lifts are great for the power workout, but for depletion it is a very unwise idea to do high-reps with a highly form-dependent exercise, particularly on a low calorie diet.

Slim Schaedle
01-03-2007, 03:38 PM
^ ya, if you like machines and isolation exercises, Mon and Tues is the time to do them

ArchAngel777
01-03-2007, 04:17 PM
Yeah, I don't mind isolation exercises, it is just that I have not done them for the last 6 months so. But, I used to train like that exclusively, so I am sure there will not be much harm in that.

Gal - I guess in a matter of speaking, the site is not work safe nor wife safe, if you catch my drift... To many people with large avatar pictures that would make my wife a little bit upset should she walk by and see it. I went to his site (great source of information) but I just try and avoid it at all costs.

galileo
01-03-2007, 04:26 PM
To mitigate such problems, I urge you to try going to http://bodyrecomposition.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions and scrolling down and unchecking the three boxes respectively marked "Show Signatures", "Show Avatars", and "Show Images."

See, it's not so bad. :) [that's how I browse the site during lunch at work]

ArchAngel777
01-03-2007, 04:32 PM
To mitigate such problems, I urge you to try going to http://bodyrecomposition.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions and scrolling down and unchecking the three boxes respectively marked "Show Signatures", "Show Avatars", and "Show Images."

See, it's not so bad. :) [that's how I browse the site during lunch at work]

Awesome, I never knew that option existed. Thanks!