PDA

View Full Version : Tyler's Bill Star 5x5 Program

BigPapaTy14
01-02-2007, 10:06 PM
I am going to start up the Bill Starr 5x5.....Today I am finding my 5RM down to the pound. I have tried the program before and my 5RM maxes were way to high in week four so I gave up because I got discouraged. I am just hoping that you guys can check it out and keep giving me support. Thank you all. Once I finish all my 5RM I will post them later today.

BigPapaTy14
01-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Alright all finished these are my fiver rep maxes

All in pounds

Bench: 150
Squat: 170
Row: 110
Military Press: 85
Deadlift: 235

BigPapaTy14
01-02-2007, 10:07 PM
FROM YESTERDAY

I did Day 1 of Bill Starr's 5x5 today. It felt very easy and as though it wasn't much of a effort. I do know this because it is only Week 1 and my 5RM are in Week 4. So I really just focused on form.

Squats
80, 100, 120, 140, 160 x5

Bench
70, 90, 105, 120, 140 x5

Rows
50, 65, 75, 90, 100 x5

I did Straight-Leg Deadlift instead of hypers because I don't have a place to do them.

S/L Deadlift
125x10, 135x8

Sit-Ups
BWx15, BW+10x10, BW+10x10

As for my diet so far today…

Calories: 3655
Protein: 266.5
Carbs: 205

I think that pizza might help me out to finish the night of strong. I have a question about protein shakes as long as I get my protein, carbs, and fats from whole food do I neccesarily have to take in 3 shakes a day which I generally do? I know it is a must to take one after workouts, but other times?

I am going to weigh in tomorrow morning right when I get up and I will post my weight sometime early tomorrow. I am really hoping that I can get my lazy ass early enough to get a good breakfast.

Thanks Guys

PS: Someone please follow my journal the support would be awesome, thanks!

BigPapaTy14
01-02-2007, 10:08 PM
Well today is my off day of Bill Starr 5x5...so my workout today is eat, eat, and eat. And eat some more. It is so tough trying to get enough food in going to school I really need to get myself to pack little snacks that I can take throughout the day, because I was starving at school. I actually skipped my last class to go get some food.

It is funny what a feeling a new year does to you. You just feel like you have a whole other chance.

So if there is anyone out there that want to give me some words of encouragement it would be awesome. I know I have asked that a couple times and might be getting annoying, but I really want this to become a semi-popular thread with at least some people, it will really motivating me to keep going.

Well later tonight I will post my food stats, and I forgot to weigh before I had a huge breakfast this morning so tomorrow morning I will get you a weight. I hoped on after breakfast and it said 190 haha. I look at myself and feel like I look the same as I did 15 pounds ago, maybe it is because I look in the mirror everyday. Wouldn't it be cool to have no mirrors for like 2 months. WOW that would be motivating.

BigPapaTy14
01-02-2007, 10:08 PM
So what I have ate today....

Breakfast
6 scrambled eggs
1/2 English Muffin with Jam
2 servings of beef sausage

Lunch
Chicken and Beef Yakisoba

Dinner
Hamburgar Helper

Snack
1 SuperSonic Burrito

Supps
3 Fish Oils
2 BCAA

I have decided to not use creatine until I get to week 4 in my Bill Starr and see if I start taking it again after no use for awhile if I get a better effect with my body not being accustom to it? What do you guys think?

Tofer
01-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Hey dude.

If you've reached your daily macro requirements then there's no need to have another shake. Whey protein is nice to have around to get in some easy grams of protein, but it's by no means necessary.

Sounds like you've made a good start of things. Do you have any starting pics or are you waiting to do the whole comparison at a later date? Even if you don't post the pics it's nice to have them for your own reference. I like to take pics every few weeks just to remind myself where I'm coming from. It's a good source of motivation to keep pushing yourself.

A good way to get in some extra calories and stave off hunger is to bring some almonds, peanuts, cashews or just some trail mix along with you. Munch on these throughout the day if you can. There are some good recipes on this site for home-made protein bars too, so that might be worth checking out.

Keep it up man. I'll do my best to drop in here from time to time and offer you encouragement!

BigPapaTy14
01-02-2007, 11:36 PM
Thanks dude

Yeah I have felt like I have made a pretty good start, I am really pumped up for tomorrow's workout. Kind of dissapointing it is a light day, I want to hit the weights hard, but I am going to really try to concentrate on form I want perfect form. I want to be the guy rep barbell rows the same weight as the guy next to me while he is using his body and I got the perfect form haha. Well I just need to get over the embaressment of asking my parents for the camera and to take pictures of me. It is to tough to do it on my own.

Tofer
01-03-2007, 12:20 AM
The first 3-4 weeks are great for getting your form down. One thing that really improved for me during this time was my squat form. I had never really felt comfortable with it until then.

If your parents have a digital camera, most of them have a timer on them. Just play around with the features. You can set the camera on a shelf and then set up for the pic. It's not really necessary, but it's nice to have before and after pics for yourself to look at. Personally, I never notice changes by looking in the mirror. I need side-by-side comparison shots. Good luck with the workout tomorrow.

BigPapaTy14
01-03-2007, 01:02 AM
Alright I will try to get some pictures up tomorrow night sometime. And thanks for the luck on the workout....I will update it as soon as I get down with it and tell you how it goes.

BigPapaTy14
01-03-2007, 09:04 AM
Checked my weight 5 minutes ago...my weight was 187....heaviest I have ever been.