PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Lifting Comp

Fenrir
01-03-2007, 08:12 AM
Hey, I have my very first Olympic Lifting competition on February the 17th of this year, and I want to drop down a weight division.

As of 3 weeks ago I was weighed in at 96.7kg (217.5 pounds) by the army, but I want to get into the 94kg(211.5 pounds) class, otherwise I will be competing in the 105kg(236.25 pounds).

I don't want to lose any strength since I want good numbers obviously, but how should i go about shredding those few kilo's? I feel time is on my hand at the moment. Should I be focusing on maintaining a good diet/calories and increasing cardio, considering since the AFL season is out I haven't been doing much lately?

Please help!

Guido
01-03-2007, 09:19 AM
Lower your carbs and that should help you drop some water weight in the short term. Losing 5 lbs or so is not a big deal and shouldn't affect your strength.

Detard
01-03-2007, 09:30 AM
you should be able to lose 6 pounds no problem. considering probly 4 or 5 pounds of that will be water weight.

Bob
01-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Fenrir.. you are lucky.. I don't want to spoil things, but in the monthly WBB newsletter, Built is going to publish an article on loosing "last-minute" water weight without loosing strength... she helped me with the same scenario just last month..

Although you might consider dialing in your diet now..making sure you are as clean as possible.. you might loose a couple of lbs between now & then..

Do you use Fitday? to monitor your calories & macros?

Fenrir
01-05-2007, 05:28 AM
nah i don't track my calories, but thanks for the info. Will definitely read into builts article.