PDA

View Full Version : question on chicken breasts on george forman

jft9120
01-03-2007, 05:35 PM
this mays sound like a dumb question lol but i just got a george forman for xmas and was wondering what the best way to cook boneless skinless chicken breasts on it is (i.e spices and such) also can u throw em on frozen or do u have to let them thaw???

WBBIRL
01-03-2007, 08:47 PM
You dont have to let them thaw, but I would.

There are so many ways to do it really. You could marinate the chicken (thawed ofcourse) in a variety of different salad dressings or meat marinades. You could just add your own spices to it.

Really no best way as long as your not adding a ton of fat to it, and keeping it tasty.

My favorite way to cook them in general is to put them in a frying pan with about an inch of water and cook them through like that, then drain the water and spray the pan with non stick no calorie butter flavored spray and season the chicken while browning it.

Its about the only thing I ever cook, since I suck at makeing anything but that.

stepto180
01-04-2007, 01:29 AM
my favorite is marinating it in italian dressing mmm forman grills are sooo convient mine is used at least 3 times a day

VDubb
01-04-2007, 07:58 AM
Haha.......here's my process:

Plug Foreman in.
Open bag of chicken.
Place chicken on Foreman.
20 min. later, I'm eating!

I'll usually add a baked potato or some brown rice on the side. A touch of Lawrys Black Pepper makes a chicken feel good......

jft9120
01-04-2007, 03:08 PM
okkk

00MaxSE
01-09-2007, 07:55 PM
my favorite is marinating it in italian dressing mmm forman grills are sooo convient mine is used at least 3 times a day

+1 Italian dressing is great on salmon too. mmmm I just need to get a new Foreman because I have one of the old ones without the removable hot plates...PITA to clean. :bash:

phlebos
01-10-2007, 10:46 AM
lemon pepper chicken is popular. people seem to like chicken w/citrus flavor and pepper. I like a chicken and onion combo. curry powder is a strong flavor and spicy if you want to mix things up a bit, maybe eat that w/some chick peas.

extracalories
01-18-2007, 01:02 PM
My fav marinade for boneless chicken on the foreman is Grillmates Garlic, Herb & Wine by McCormick. Mmm mm as good as any restaurant.

ArchAngel777
01-18-2007, 02:38 PM
I throw on a heavy code of cayanne pepper and montreal chicken spice... I swear to the almighty that it makes cutting easy... UD 2.0 depletion is no problem eating those all day. They taste wonderful. 1,200 calories a day has never tasted so good and fulfilling.

pmpimpalot01
01-21-2007, 09:20 AM
Rotisserie Chicken flavor spice and garlic makes me happy

ARchgr8
02-07-2007, 11:12 PM
I just use olive oil on the grill then cook like 6 of them on the foreman. Then I ziplock them for the fridge. I then just top them with whatever I loaded up on at Costco. They have sundried tomato's, Jalopino's, Garlic Minced, and Pesto(not extremely healthy). They are all under 6 bucks each and last forever

shoot4dabigtime
02-08-2007, 07:07 AM
i usually cook them plain or with some of Emerald's Chicken Rub.

Justin R
02-13-2007, 12:22 PM
I made my own rub for chicken and put it in an empty shaker. I use it all the time.

basically:
Rosemary
Thyme
Sage
Marjoram
Kosher salt
Fresh ground black pepper

I put it all in a mortar & pestle and crush it all down together so it shakes out evenly.

zen
02-13-2007, 12:29 PM

family secret of mine: Marinate in italian dressing and worcestershire sauce. Trust me! ;)

Bikkstah
02-18-2007, 08:04 AM
Put plain chicken breast on foreman. Come back in 20 minutes, put some Open Pit on it, eat.

02-18-2007, 09:25 AM
+1 Italian dressing is great on salmon too. mmmm I just need to get a new Foreman because I have one of the old ones without the removable hot plates...PITA to clean. :bash:

**** i didnt even know there were ones wiht rempvable hot plates

KingWilder
03-05-2007, 03:22 PM
you know what's even easier than using the forman if you have a ton of chicken breasts...

let them thaw (or use fresh chicken breasts) season, throw on baking sheet, and bake at 350 for like 35-40 mins, then refrigerate.

I've found this a lot easier than trying to cook them all at once; but if you're only cooking 1-2 at a time use the foreman and season with olive oil, thyme, basil, oregno, garlic powder, and a little bit of garlic salt

phatmonky
06-06-2007, 12:23 PM
you know what's even easier than using the forman if you have a ton of chicken breasts...

let them thaw (or use fresh chicken breasts) season, throw on baking sheet, and bake at 350 for like 35-40 mins, then refrigerate.

I've found this a lot easier than trying to cook them all at once; but if you're only cooking 1-2 at a time use the foreman and season with olive oil, thyme, basil, oregno, garlic powder, and a little bit of garlic salt

Agreed! I cook every couple of days only and store in those ziploc reusable containers in teh fridge.

I season half of my chicken one way and half the other. Then I mix it in with a variety of meals to keep things fresh.

4 lbs of chicken cooked in just 30 minutes :D

bounty
06-07-2007, 06:26 AM
If you fry them with a little water so they cook through but dont brown yet, then dump the water put a little oil in the pan and slowly drizzle a honey over them until they are golden brown it tastes delicious.

Noxon
06-08-2007, 01:31 PM

Agreed! The Foreman grills are nice, but for making a lot of frozen chicken breasts I just put the frozen breasts in a large rectangular pan with sides (Like a cake pan) and cover with tin foil. I usually season with pepper, basil and a little garlic and add chopped onion, potato and carrot layered on top of the chicken.

The tin foil seals in all the moisture from the frozen chicken, so you end up with the chicken cooking in about a half inch of juice and water, nicely steamed veggies and a good seasoning to all of it. The end result is very moist chicken. Sometimes it is nice to not even bother with thawing. :)

Takes 1 to 1.5 hours to bake at 400 degrees. It takes about ten minutes to prepare the entire thing and makes four to six breasts, limited to how much you can fit in your pans. heh

deeder
06-08-2007, 01:39 PM
**** i didnt even know there were ones wiht rempvable hot plates

Me either!?!

WTF? Where was the memo people!

I want one now!

CarlP
06-10-2007, 11:31 AM
family secret of mine: Marinate in italian dressing and worcestershire sauce. Trust me! ;)

My wife puts worcestershire sauce in lots of stuff. Adds a little flavor to green beans, and marinates steaks or burgers along with some Dale's sauce.

thekatanas
06-11-2007, 12:24 AM
Mmmm. As convenient as the foreman grill is i prefer my chicken fresh off the barbecue.

turin39789
08-07-2007, 05:02 PM
I'm new and still trying to figure out protein oriented eating, two of my favorite seasonings(a little high in salt though) are Tony's cajun seasoning and Cavendars(sp?) greek seasoning. Rub a little on and then throw the chicken on the grill. Another recipe I like, but I'm not sure how the sauerkraut works health wise) is here, its basically bbq sauce, chicken and sauerkraut baked up. I like to throw some tomato slices fresh from the garden on it too.

The recipe is on allrecipes website and is called german chicken, but I'm too new to post links

"
"Boneless chicken breasts cooked over sauerkraut and covered in BBQ sauce. This sounds a little different, but I assure you, it is delicious! It is one of my family's favorites. The BBQ sauce makes the sauerkraut a little sweet. I like to serve this dish with mashed potatoes."

INGREDIENTS

* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
* 1 cup barbecue sauce
* 22 ounces sauerkraut

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a 9x13 inch baking dish, place the sauerkraut in a single layer. Place the chicken breasts on top of the sauerkraut. Pour the barbecue sauce over the chicken. Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the juices run clear.

TommyBoy
08-08-2007, 12:24 PM
I use good ol' BBQ sauce.....yeah buddy!!