PDA

View Full Version : First Time Cut

whiteman90909
01-04-2007, 07:20 PM
Ok, I think I have read enough around here to put together a good cutting plan for myself. I am trying to lose (with one 'o') around 10-15 lbs for a trip to FL in march. I recently tried a short bulk in which I gained around 20 lbs and now I wish to try my short cut, hopefully it will be a valuable learning experience and I want to use what Ive learned so far to bulk to around 200 at the end of the summer...

But I digress.

I didnt like fitday for my bulk, mainly because I ate too much and didnt keep a record of what I did eat (thats not to say I didnt eat right...), but for my cut It seems a bit easier. I bulked at around 4000 cals, but my metabolism sped up greatly at the time (before I was maintaing on around 3000). I feel that around 2300 calories would be a good place to start my cut, as I expect my metabolism to slow down a bit.

I am taking a multivitamin, and am getting fish oil caps (to replace olive oil). Im not sure if it matters, but I am supplementing with creatine as well.

My macros for a sample day broke down to the following-

Fat- 77g
sat- 19g
poly- 12g
mono- 39g

carbs- 97g
fiber- 10g (need to get that up to around 20?)

protein- 250g

As you can see, about half of my cals come from protein, around a third from fat and the rest from carbs.

And once again, I wish to lose ~1.5lbs a week untill I reach my goal (around 8 weeks).

-Jon

Unholy
01-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Looks pretty solid dude.

whiteman90909
01-04-2007, 08:18 PM
Thanks, like I said, I read what I could and came up with this for my first cut.

I love the search button.

Unholy
01-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Unlike many others you have realized its power!

And for that sir I commend you!