PDA

View Full Version : Me and the Wife's Journal

sprahl85
01-05-2007, 11:36 AM
Ok I have been writing down all of our exercises and I figured I would post them up so you all can see how we are progressing. Right now we have been doing 1 set of everything every day that we go (and we have been getting plenty sore) but today we will be upping it to 2 sets. I haven't lifted in 4 years and my wife has never lifted in her life, so we wanted to start out easy. We are doing wbb routine 1, this is what it looks like:

The first column is me, and the second is my wife kacie.

Tuesday December 26th

Flat Barbell Bench 135x8 55x10
Incline Bench 135x6 55x6
dips 4 0
Chin ups 2 0
Shrugs 135x8 45x10
Lat Pulldowns 100x6 80x8
Deadlifts 95x12 65x9

Friday December 29th

Decline Situps 25x7 0x10
Leg Extensions 130x8 130x6
Squats 90x8 90x10
Leg Curls 130x8 130x4
Calf Raises 220x8 140x8
Military Press 140x6 50x6
Standing Lateral Raises 25x4 8x9
Preacher Curls 65x7 25x8
Reverse Preacher Curls 45x8 15x6
Hammer Curls 35x4 15x8
Dumbell Curls 25x8 15x6
Nose Breakers 45x11 35x6
Tricep Pulldown 60x8 40x6

Tuesday Jan 2nd

Flat Barbell Bench 145x6 65x7
Incline Bench 140x7 60x7
dips 3 0
Chin ups 2 0
Shrugs 145x8 65x8
Lat Pulldowns 110x8 90x5
Deadlifts 125x9 75x8
Back Rows 120x7 80x6

On friday the 29th we did leg and arms on the same day because of schedule conflicts. We are probably going to have to do legs and arms today because of the same reason, but we will try to get them separated next week. I will post up our workout after we get done today and continue to keep it updated. Feel free to let us know what you think. At this time me and my wife weigh 185lbs each. We have somewhat different goals, but I think lifting heavy is going to be the best way to accomplish them. :strong:

Unholy
01-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Good luck to both of you

sprahl85
01-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Thanks, here's what today looked like:

Kacie 182.8lbs
Me 192.5lbs

Decline Situps 25x4 5x4
Leg Extensions 145x8 145x7
Squats 110x8 110x6
Leg Curls 140x8 130x4
Calf Raises 240x8 220x7
Military Press 150x4 50x5
Standing Lateral Raises 25x7 12x7
Preacher Curls 70x7 25x6
Reverse Preacher Curls 50x8 15x5
Hammer Curls 35x5 20x5
Dumbell Curls 30x7 20x4
Nose Breakers 50x13 35x6
Tricep Pulldown 50x5 30x6

lol, we both went down ten pounds on tricep pulldowns because we switched to using a rope instead of a flat bar. I can feel the extra focus it puts on my tri's which is nice, but it is a lot more difficult.

We again only did one set of everything and are jumping into 2 on our next single muscle group workout the day after tomorrow. The squats we are doing are on a machine like this one. (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/dd/HackSquatMachineExercise.JPG/500px-HackSquatMachineExercise.JPG) I have a bad knee from an injury I got at my last job, I fell on the corner of a pallet while holding a 50lb bag of potatoes, and then the same day got it caught under me and pulled it some odd direction and it hasn't ever been right since. So normal freeweight squats are out for now, and that is also why my weight is low. I am going to go up in weight as fast as I feel comfortable.

My wife is on a low calorie diet through LA weightloss, so her gains aren't going to be spectacular, but lifting is better than sittin on the couch :)

I am trying to stick to the "add 5lbs a week or an extra rep" thing. So far since I am still gettin used to everything it is working out pretty good. This is my fitday (http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=skydeaner)you can criticize/comment on it too if you would like. Any advice or support from you guys/gals is welcome.

That is all for tonight, thanks for lookin.

sprahl85
01-06-2007, 05:40 PM
my legs...

ouch :(

sprahl85
01-08-2007, 01:17 PM
We had a really good workout today. we started 2 sets of everything and I was able to maintain all of my weights. I upped my deadlift by 50lbs because my knee is feelin a lot better. The wifey upped her shrugs 30lbs and deadlifts 10lbs.

Flat Barbell Bench 145x6 65x7
Incline Bench 140x7 65x6
dips 4 0
Chin ups 2 0
Shrugs 145x8 95x6
Lat Pulldowns 110x8 90x5
Deadlifts 175x8 85x7
Back Rows 120x7 80x6

sprahl85
01-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Ahhh... Good leg workout today even though I drank a few too many brew-ha's last night :) I again was able to maintain all my weights and do 2 sets of everything. Feels like I am going to be waddlin for the next couple days.

I'm the first column, wifey is second like usual

Decline Situps 25lbx4 0x10
Leg Extensions 145lbx8 145lbx7
Hack Squats 110lbx8 90lbx8
Leg Curls 140lbx8 130lbx6
Calf Raises 260lbx8 260lbx8

I just counted and this appears to be our sixth workout. How long does it take most people to start seeing results... I know it is different for everyone, but I would like to see something soon. I am still sittin at 192lbs. And I can't tell any changes to my body yet.

Levantar
01-10-2007, 05:36 PM
It depends on what you are looking for when it comes to "results"? It would seem if improved strength is your goal than you are already seeing that result. If it's weight loss your after then that is a different story. I have read that it is ideal to see about a 1 lb weight loss a week (that also depends on your weight) and that would mean your diet is in check as well. However since you are lifting weights you should also be building a little muscle which may keep your weight up a bit. I looked at your fitday and it would seem your caloric intake is a bit up and down. Some days at 2500 or so and other under 2000. Do you know what your maintanence caloric intake is at 192lbs? Everyone here will tell you the same thing (take in less calories than you burn and it will lead to weight loss.)

There are some people on here with a great wealth of knowledge on the diet and nutrition subject. I'm sure they can help you out with that part.

sprahl85
01-10-2007, 06:38 PM
well I have been trying to carb cycle and that is why my calories are kinda bouncin. Anyone else wanna comment on my fitday hehe? Fatloss I guess would be my major goal right now. I am a chubby bubby so i am going to try to maintain my muscle or even gain a little while losin fat.

Edit :

Words of inspiration are welcome :)

sprahl85
01-11-2007, 01:10 AM
it takes a lot of meat to make calories.... I thought it would be easy. Where do you guys buy your meat? I might get a membership at sams if it will help buying in bulk

Levantar
01-13-2007, 12:27 AM
Well I don't know anything about meat cause I don't eat it. Did you write some where that you were lactose intolerant or was that someone else? hmm well if your not then milk and a whey protein supplement could help you get extra calories without pounding to much regular food. However if your trying to lose weight then maybe getting fewer calories would be a benefit (assuming it's not too few)?

Bob
01-13-2007, 06:47 AM
1st time in your journal Sprahl... congrats on getting with the wifey and starting a journal and a journey together.. Good Luck.

For protein.. besides meat.. protein powders (Nitrean especially), nuts, Milk, eggs and Peanut Butter.. and don't forget your healthy fats!!

sprahl85
01-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the comments/suggestions. I have been messin up on my diet pretty bad the past few days. I just lost focus I guess and drank a few too many beers. But alas, we had a decent workout today. I again was able to start 2 sets of everything and maintain the weight I was doin at 1 set of it. Kacie was also able to maintain. It was arms/shoulders this time.

Military Press 150lbx4 50lbx6
Standing Lateral Raises 25lbx7 15lbx6
Preacher Curls 70lbx8 25lbx8
Reverse Preacher Curls 55lbx7 20lbx5
Hammer Curls 35lbx5 20lbx4
Dumbell Curls 30lbx7 20lbx4
Nose Breakers 60lbx6 35lbx6
Tricep Pulldown 50lbx5 30lbx8

I already ate some arby's today, so tomorrow I am going to start the fitday back up again, it also doesn't help that I kinda ran outta groceries. But I'm gonna hit meijer tonight and get serious again.

sprahl85
01-16-2007, 10:06 PM
Flat Barbell Bench 155x6 65x8
Incline Bench 155x5 70x5
Shrugs 165x8 115x6
Lat Pulldowns 120x8 90x6
Deadlifts 185x8 95x7
Back Rows 120x8 80x6

2 sets of everything. Me first then wife like usual. Bad workout today, we tossed out dips and chinups because I was feeling kinda sick to my stomach. I was probably dehydrated. My flat bench is up ten pounds, that makes me happy i guess. Blah day really though.

sprahl85
01-18-2007, 01:37 PM
based on the poll I made, me and my wife are going to try a 2 day split and see how it works for us. I think the frequency of or workouts needed bumped up so we're going to try it out for a few weeks/months. Here is what we did today. I am going to start separating our lifts also, so that it is a little more clear what we each are lifting. I went easy on my back today because it was still sore from the day before last. I did one set of all of the back stuff, but tried to up my weight.

Me:

Decline situps 25x8
Leg Extensions 145x8 and 165x8
Hack Squats 130x8 and 150x9
Leg Curls 140x8 and 150x8
Calf Raises 280x8 (2 sets)
Shrugs 185x8
Lat Pulldowns 130x8
Back Rows 120x8
Deadlifts 225x2 (hehe that was fun, I got real dizzy though)

The Wifey:

Decline Situps 0 (she wasn't feelin the situps today)
Leg extensions 145x6 (2 sets)
Hack Squats 130x7 and 150x7
Leg Curls 140x5 and 130x6
Calf Raises 280x8 (2 sets)
Shrugs 135x5 (2 sets)
Lat Pulldowns 90x6 and 80x6
Back Rows 80x8 (2 sets)
Deadlifts 0 (back was pretty sore)

So the rest of our exercises will be performed tomorrow then a 1 day break then repeat both days. And we'll keep with that for a while. Hittin the full body 2 days in a row I think will help my test levels elevate a little more and more frequently hittin everything will be better because the week off we would have before was way too long of a break. My muscles used to feel better by day 3 but I'd always have to wait til day 7 to work them again, I really wasn't liking that. I think the revamp you guys are doing on wbb1 is long overdue.

Allrighty that is all for now. Peace.

ericg
01-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Welcome to journal land.

I am not sure if you type your workouts in the same order as you do them but assuming that you are you may want to rethink the order of the exercises.

Try to have the heavier compound movements (deads, squats, presses) first in line. That way you can focus on them while you are fresh. Definately save the isolation stuff (curls, calves, triceps, extensions, etc.) for the end.

I figured since you were in the middle of switching things up and reorganizing the routine that I would give you my $.02. Good luck.

sprahl85
01-18-2007, 09:30 PM
We don't follow any particular order, although most of the time we do the compound stuff first just because how much more difficult it is. But now that you mentioned it I will probably always have that in mind and make sure to do it from now on so :thumbup:

My legs are super freakin sore after our workout today. I upped my weight in a lot of stuff. Feels good... right now. I'll probably reconsider tomorrow when I'm barely able to walk.

kraceykat
01-21-2007, 07:24 AM
hey everyone, this is kacie, skyler's wife. he hasn't gotten around to posting our last workout, so i will go ahead and do it. we went on the 19th and we go back again tomorrow after a 2 day rest. i have been so sore i can barely even walk. :)

also on all of our preacher curls, and reverse preacher curls, we were informed by the gym manager that the bars are actually ten pounds heavier than we thought, so i was pretty excited when i found out i wasnt as weak as i thought! lol

heres what our day looked like, skyler is first, and then me in no particular order of how we did them. ;)

Flat Barbell Bench: 155x8(2)
Incline Bench: 155x6(1)
Military Press: 150x5(1)
Standing Lat Raises: 25x7(2)
Preacher Curls: 85x6(1) - this is the correct weight
Dumbell Curls: 30x7(2)
Nose Breakers: 60x8(2)

and then me :) :
Flat Barbell Bench: 75x8(1) 75x6(1)
Incline Bench: 70x6(1)
Military Press: 70x3(1) 55x3(1)
Standing Lat Raises: 15x6(2)
Preacher Curls: 40x8(2)
Reverse Preacher Curls: 30x5(1)
Hammer Curls: 20x4(1)
Nose Breakers: 35x7(2)

we both did some things differently that workout day because that was our first time going to the gym three days in a row and we were beat. his back was hurting pretty bad so thats why he only did one set of alot of things, and why he didnt do some of the ones that i did. me on the other hand, i just didnt have time to do it all that day. overall i think it was a good, tough workout. my arms are just now starting to recover from the days before. haha

any and all comments are welcome, thanks for following our journal~!

kraceykat
01-22-2007, 12:43 PM
:hello: Hi again~! We had a pretty tough workout today. My legs are killing me, and I didn't even know that my back was able to get sore in the spots Im sore at. Anyhow, here is what we did.....

*note* we did all of our compund exercises first (deadlifts, squats, rows) and then the rest depending on how we were feeling

Skyler:

Deadlifts: 195x10x1 195x8x1
Squats: 160x8x2
Back Rows: 120x8x1 130x8x1
Leg Extensions: 160x8x1 - these two were towards the end of the workout
Leg Curls: 150x8x1 and our legs were pretty spent by then.
Calf Raises: 280x8x2
Shrugs: 190x8x1
Lat Pulldowns: 130x8x2

Kacie:

Deadlifts: 105x8x2 My personal best! :clap:
Squats: 140x8x1 140x6x1
Back Rows: 90x6x2
Leg Extensions: 145x8x1
Leg Curls: 0 - just couldnt push myself to do them this morning
Calf Raises: 280x8x2
Shrugs: 140x5x1
Lat Pulldowns: 90x6x1 90x4x1
Decline Situps: 0x6x2
Butt Extenders: 90x6x1 90x4x1

Overall I think it was a good workout, very tired and sore, just the way it should be. lol

ericg
01-22-2007, 01:51 PM
The order of exercises looks much better. If you plan on squatting and deadlifting on the same day every week I would do one movement first one week and then the other the next week. Maybe even change up the rep ranges a bit once you get more into it. This soon into the game you will almost make progress with anything that you do so lift hard!! Great work.

kraceykat
01-23-2007, 10:44 AM
thanks for the advice ^ ^ ^

we were supposed to go to the gym today, but my back is so sore i could barely move from the bed to the couch today.....literally. it doesnt feel like i pulled anything, but i think i worked pretty hard and came damn close. we're gna go tomorrow again, even if im not feeling much better. i never would have thouht a few months ago that i would want to push myself to keep going after the pain im in today, but now i realize that its well worth it in the long run.

thanks for looking! any suggestions or comments on our workout plan would be appreciated. - kacie -

sharkall2003
01-23-2007, 11:33 AM
You should atleast stretch today. Do some long stretches and hold them at the end. You could be very very tight and it's always good to loosen up. It's a part of being fit.

kraceykat
01-24-2007, 10:48 AM
yeah, i worked yesterday, and had to bend over quite a bit to pick up the trays at work, (server) and it seemed to help loosen my back up a little, but im still pretty sore this morning. i think we're still gna go workout, today is chest and arms day so i think ill be able to get through it just fine. :cool:

i heard that im also supposed to stretch after our workout, so i think i will start doing that too. i will post our workout later on today.

ericg
01-24-2007, 11:01 AM
Yeah if you are going to do any static stretching they say its best to do it directly after your workout, not before. Prior to the workout you want to get the blood flowing, jog for a few minutes and do some dynamic stretching. Maybe something like: jog 2.00, 5 pushups, 5 squats (no weight), 5 pullups (something light, have your hubby assist you), 5 situps, etc. Make it creative.

Do you guys have a set routine/exercise schedule? What is it?

The workouts about look good. I would personally stay away from a few exercises you have listed like: leg extensions/curls - come say they can cause more harm than good and you can work them just the same with other compound movements like squats, lunges, stiff leg deads, etc.; more than one tricep/bicep movement - you are already working them hard with the compound lifts so just stick with one if you feel like you need to do them at all, and do them last; pulldowns - do pullups/chinups instead, it will be easy since you guys workout together. you can assist one another, do them with your feet on a box, do them jumping, etc. eventually you will be able to do them on your own!

kraceykat
01-24-2007, 11:22 AM
well if you mean like what time do we usually go when we go, we usually get up at 9am, sit around and wakeup for an hour. he'll get a protein shake in, and i usually pop a 5-htp and eat a salad or some meat, and then we leave here by 10. get there and start by 10:15 and leave anywhere between 11:30 and 12:00. on days that we are off (like today) we usually go at like 1pm or 2pm and spend the same amount of time.

we also play a game of horse after we get done working out just for the hell of it. actually we play different names (caterpillar, squirrel), most of which he looses at lol, but you get the point. lol

the reason we go at those times is because skyler works at 1:30 everyday, and the gym is closed when we get off work.

as far as what we do on certain days, our more recent workout plan is :

day 1: chest. arms
day 2: off
day 3: back, legs
day 4: off
repeat :) we started with working each muscle group once every 7 days like wbb1, and now with this we are working each muscle group once every 4 days, and this will allow us to get sore without being miserable. hehe

and yeah, i think we are gna drop the leg extensions because the squats work our quads enough. and the pullup thing, thats a negative for now. we dont have an assisted pullup machine, and i think it would be super uncomfortable (physically) to have someone half way lifting me while im attempting to do pullups. im just gna wait on those until my arms get strong enough. i work on dips now, and i am now able to get all the way up, and then lower myself all the way down slowly without dropping. my next goal is to be able to get back up there. lol

ericg
01-24-2007, 02:19 PM
Cool. Great info. Do you have a schedule of exercises that you will be doing on each day?

Good deal on dropping the leg extensions. I know how you feel about the pullups. I was in the same boat once. Just to clear one thing up as you mentioned that you want your arms to get stronger before you can start pullups; is that pullups are accomplished mostly by your lats (upper back) and some from your biceps. I wonder if there is any way that you can use a couple of those aerobic steps to assist yourself to do some pullups? There is a bige difference between them and pulldowns so it would be great to incorporate them somehow. Try jumping pullups, those are fun!

I did see some "back rows" in there somewhere, im guessing these are rows using the cable machine? Give BB rows and DB rows a shot as well.

Horse is def fun. I am assuming that is the basketball version of horse?

Its AWESOME that you two are doing this together :thumbup:

sharkall2003
01-24-2007, 02:23 PM
I did see some "back rows" in there somewhere, im guessing these are rows using the cable machine? Give BB rows and DB rows a shot as well.

I'm not doubting your expertise in this area, but at this point in time I would have them take it easy on their back and try to gradually work on all their stabilizers that are in WBB1. BB Rows need to be done correctly or someone could really get injured.

ericg
01-24-2007, 02:29 PM
I'm not doubting your expertise in this area, but at this point in time I would have them take it easy on their back and try to gradually work on all their stabilizers that are in WBB1. BB Rows need to be done correctly or someone could really get injured.

For sure. I was just letting them know their options. I think BB rows are in WBB1 if I remember correctly?

sharkall2003
01-24-2007, 02:39 PM
For sure. I was just letting them know their options. I think BB rows are in WBB1 if I remember correctly?

Hmmmm, I thought they had regular cable rows that were on a machine. I must have been mistaken. Even then, if they are, I'd really watch doing those. It's easy for a beginner to bend their back and really cause some serious damage.

ericg
01-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Hmmmm, I thought they had regular cable rows that were on a machine. I must have been mistaken. Even then, if they are, I'd really watch doing those. It's easy for a beginner to bend their back and really cause some serious damage.
I actually had to check because I doubted myself, BB rows are in there though.

Yeah definitely be careful and light, I guess I should have said that. If they start off light and focus on pulling with the elbows while having a flat back they should be fine. Its a great exercise for the back and the "core".

sharkall2003
01-24-2007, 03:00 PM
I actually had to check because I doubted myself, BB rows are in there though.

Yeah definitely be careful and light, I guess I should have said that. If they start off light and focus on pulling with the elbows while having a flat back they should be fine. Its a great exercise for the back and the "core".

Definitely. I checked it out too, and they are in there. Like you said, though. Keep it light and keep form in check. Form is always most important thing.

sprahl85
01-24-2007, 04:17 PM
Okie, I had a really good day today, but the wifey didn't do so well. Her back is killin her still so that might have had something to do with it. Here is what it looked like

Me:
Flat Bench 155x10, 155x8
Incline Bench 160x7, 160x6
Military Press 140x6 (down in weight trying a different grip, it seems to focus on my shoulders a lot more)
Standing lateral raises 25x8, 30x7
Preacher curls 85x8, 85x6
Reverse Preacher curls 65x8
Hammer curls 35x7
Tricep Pulldowns 50x8(2 sets)

kacie:
Flat Bench 65x6, 65x5
Incline Bench 70x4, 70x5
Military Press 50x6
Standing Lateral Raises 12x8 (2 sets)
Preacher Curls 40x8 (2 sets)
Reverse Preacher curls 30x6
Hammer Curls 20x4
Tricep Pulldowns 30x8

Wohoo! I didn't think my bench would go up 20lbs in a month, that is pretty sweet. The 155x10 felt really good, I wish I coulda nailed it twice. I am definitely upping it 5lb next workout.

We do our back rows on a selecorized row machine similar to this (http://www.fitness909.com/product_info.php/cPath/4_18/products_id/38). Do you think something like This (http://www.fitness909.com/product_info.php/cPath/4_19/products_id/53) would be better? We have both available. I don't want to jump into the bent over barbell rows for fear of injury and I don't want to do dumbell rows because I dont want my back to be uneven from training one side harder than the other.

As for pullups, how high up do you have to go for them to be effective? When I do them I get my forehead almost up to the bar, should I be able to go higher? And I can only do like 2 of them because I am still kinda fat. Should we still throw them back into our routine?

sharkall2003
01-24-2007, 04:36 PM
You won't be uneven if you do it with the same weight and you do just as many reps.

A pullup means your chin is over the bar. Atleast that's what I was instructed to do. I can't even do one.

Great progress on the workout and keep with it.

ericg
01-25-2007, 05:58 AM
You won't be uneven if you do it with the same weight and you do just as many reps.

A pullup means your chin is over the bar. Atleast that's what I was instructed to do. I can't even do one.

Great progress on the workout and keep with it.

I agree. Dont worry about it being uneven. I also agree that the bottom of the chin should be over the bar. Like I said in earlier posts you may need a spotter or self spot yourself by jumping and/or using some high to stand on which can allows your legs to do some of the work.

If you are going to pick one of the two machines that you have linked I would go with the second one. The movement isnt as fixed like the first one. The second one is a supported TBar Row machine. You can actually do a Tbar row with a BB: shove one end of a BB in the corner of a wall and load plates on the open end, then lift. Pretty good exercise.

Once your lower backs acclimate to all this work you shouldnt have a problem working them in focusing on good form. You even could sub them out for DLs one week, just play with it.

Just remember that any movement that you chose that does NOT have a fixed motion is better than a machine/movement that does. Some may argue that machines are safer because of this, but if you take your time, start off light, and be a stickler for form, free weight movements are superior because of their functionality.

kraceykat
01-26-2007, 02:18 PM
okay, so todays workout went okay. Skyler had a better workout than I did. My back is still really hurting me, and when I went to do shrugs, I was practically crying on the fourth rep, so I quit. i dont know what i did to it, maybe i just worked it hard and its still repairing itself, or maybe i strained something. if thats the case it doesnt feel like it did when i strained it last summer. it doesnt feel bad all the time, just in my lower back and when i do certain things.

anyways on to our workout:

Skyler:

Decline Situps - 25lbx8x1
Squats - 180x8x2 (Upped the weight by 20lbs from last w/o)
Deadlifts - 195x8x2
Shrugs - 205x8x2 (Upped the weight by 15lbs from last w/o)
Back Rows - 130x8x2 (Up 10lbs since last w/o)
Calf Raises - 280x8x2
Leg Curls - 150x8x2
Lat Pulldowns - 130x8x2

Kacie:

Decline Situps - 0lbsx10x1
Squats - 140x8x2
Deadlifts - 100x8x1 (my back was hurting too much to do more than one set)
Shrugs - 140x4x1
Back Rows - 90x6x2
Calf Raises - 280x10x2
Lat Pulldowns - 90x6x2
Leg Curls - 130x6x1 130x4x1

Blah day, good for him though :)

Thanks for looking! All C&C welcome~!

sprahl85
02-03-2007, 12:00 PM
Not sure when these workouts were I lost my paper for the one three days ago, chest and arms day. But I am pretty sure I went up on most of my weights.

Here is yesterday's leg workout:

Skyler

Decline Situps 25lbx8
Hack Squats 180lbx8 (2 sets)
Deadlifts 195lbx8 (2 sets)
Shrugs 225lbx8 (2 sets)
Back Rows 130lbx8 (2 sets different grips on each set)

Light workout, made sure to hit my compounds though, and my legs and back did get sore, so I guess it was good enough for not having much energy.

Kacie

Decline Situps 0lbx10
Hack Squats 140lbx8 (2 sets)
Deadlifts 100lbx6
Shrugs 140lbx6
Lat Pulldowns 80lbx12, 80lbx8

We were pretty short on time (and motivation/energy) and we talked a little too much to a guy we always see at the gym. He turned out to be a real nice guy even though when we saw him the past few weeks there we thought he would probably be an *******, just by body language and such. Had good convo about diet and lifting, he seemed pretty knowledgeable. It's weird how people can come off one way by body language but turn out to be real cool. It seems to be like that more at the gym then anywhere else. Maybe it's because it is kinda a competitive environment?

I know the workout that we lost the papers for I did 160lbx8 (2 sets) on my flat bench. I feel really good about that. 25lbs higher than the end of december when I was doin 135x8x1 set. My injured knee is feeling better and better everyday. It seems the stronger my legs get, the less it hurts. I am going to post up some new pictures to compare to my beginning ones in about a week or two. I have gained a significant amount of weight now (i am definitely going to start cutting) from 192.5 to 208. I know a lot of it isn't muscle either. I have pretty much discovered I dont have to eat very much at all to gain. So I am going to try a major caloric defecit with an ec stack and lots of low cal protein shakes and see how it does me for the next couple of months. It should be easier on my wallet for the time being anyway :)

sprahl85
02-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Lost workout is found!!!

At least for me.

Here is what it looked like

Bench press 160x8 (2 sets)
Incline bench 160x8 160x7
Military Press 140x6 (2 sets)
Lateral reaises 25x8 (2 sets )
Preacher Curls 85x8
Reverse 65x7
Hammer curls 35x7 (2 sets)
Tricep Pulldowns 50x8 (2 sets)
DB Curls 35x8

ericg
02-07-2007, 05:32 AM
Numbers are looking great for the both of you. Good luck with the diet.

sprahl85
02-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Well i lost some note cards with workouts on them and I found some but didn't know what day they were from, so anyways, here was todays workout

Bench press 165lbx8 then x9 STILL GETTIN STRONGER!
Hammer curls 35x9 (2 sets) 2 extra reps on each set, up 5lb next time
Reverse Curls 65x8 (2 sets)
Tricep Pull downs 60x8 (2 sets) up 10lb wohoo!

and then i violently threw up a couple times so I said **** this i'm out.

I took some new protein before workin out today and it didn't digest right and I think that is why I got sick. It was GFpro by ergopharm. I had some sample packets so i mixed a couple of them together and drank it. 23g of whey protein isolate per packet, 2 packets, that is about my regular protein shake, but this stuff is kinda weird. I guess it has IGg, IGF-1, and TGFB-1 (immunolin) whatever they **** those are. It probably has no effect, I just wanted to use it up because it is free, but I am going to be throwing my other 4 packets away.

When do you think my bench will stop going up steadily 5lbs a workout? Now that I am on a cut it will probably end soon right? It feels so good. 170lbx8 next workout, i know I can do it.

sprahl85
02-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Weee, no sickness today! Good strong workout today

Hack Squats 180x8 (2 sets)
Deadlifts 200x8 (2 sets)
Rows 140x8 140x7
Shrugs 205x8 (2 sets)
Lat Pulls 130x8 140x8
Leg Curls 150x8 (2 sets)

I'm sore.

sprahl85
02-18-2007, 09:14 PM
Weighed in at 206, up 1.5lbs from last workout, kinda weird since I haven't really been taking in very many calories, probably water weight I guess. Just as I promised I hit 170x8 on my bench press.... thank ya, thankya

Bench Press 170x8 (2 sets)
Hammer Curls 40x8 (2sets)
Tricep Pulldowns 60x7 (2 sets)
DB Curls 40x7
Incline Bench 165x6 (just one set, my tri's were shot at this point and for some reason inclines always work my tri's a lot harder than my chest...)
Military Press 140x8, 150x8

Cant wait till I get to 200 lb sets on my bench. The beginning of may and I should be there.

sprahl85
02-27-2007, 03:01 PM
Well I took 1 week off from lifting. Just to make sure my body was recovering properly and because I just kinda needed a break. I started my hardcore cut on the 22nd, I just wanted to wait a couple days until my body adjusted to the drastic drop in calories before I went back to the gym. I get lots of protein in the form of shakes every day and at least 1 good meal. I am down to 200lbs now, 6 lbs down from the 18th. I was able to maintain all my weights on my workout today even after my week off.

Hack Squats 180x8 (2 sets)
Deadlifts 200x8 (2 sets)
Rows 140x8 (2 sets)
Shrugs 205x8 (2 sets)
lat Pulldowns 130x8, 140x9
Leg Curls 150x8 (2 sets)

sprahl85
03-16-2007, 01:00 PM
sorry for not updating for so long, I just want to fill you guys in on what's been going on. I am down to 185lbs now (wohoo) so that's over 20lbs since the 22nd of last month. I have been doing 1 meal a day + 3-4 60gm protein shakes. I have been lifting less frequently but have still been maintaining all my weights. I don't really care about gaining strenght while on my cut because I know how difficult it will be, so I am just gonna be happy to maintain until I am done with the cut and then I'll start a clean bulk. 20lbs lighter and still tickin... I would like to be 24-25lbs lighter at the 1 month mark. We'll see.