PDA

View Full Version : Too much bread?

Johnny Bravo
01-06-2007, 02:28 PM
Can you eat too much bread on a bulking diet?

The reason I ask is that I have heard of many diets that encourage you to cut down on wheat based food. I'm eating between 10 - 12 slices of wholemeal a day.

ArchAngel777
01-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Can you eat too much bread on a bulking diet?

The reason I ask is that I have heard of many diets that encourage you to cut down on wheat based food. I'm eating between 10 - 12 slices of wholemeal a day.

In my opinion you can eat to much of anything, really... I don't see how it would be a huge deal. However, keep in mind that if you do not use those carbohydrates and already have near full glycogen levels, then most of those carbs will probably be stored as fat. If you exercise every day (or nearly) then you probably have nothing to worry about. Carbs are both your friend and your enemy... You want them, but not to many and not the wrong types of them.

RedSpikeyThing
01-06-2007, 06:50 PM
However, keep in mind that if you do not use those carbohydrates and already have near full glycogen levels, then most of those carbs will probably be stored as fat.

Any calories above maintenance levels are used to store fat.

OP: as long as it fits into your macros, you're fine.

ArchAngel777
01-06-2007, 10:58 PM

OP: as long as it fits into your macros, you're fine.

Really? Would have never imagined that!

Holto
01-07-2007, 01:03 PM

Precisely.

Not to mention that cals above maintenance are also used to provide the energy the body needs to build muscle.

RedSpikeyThing
01-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Really? Would have never imagined that!

You seemed to think otherwise in your last post.