PDA

View Full Version : Think you have endurance?

01-06-2007, 08:02 PM
Check this guy out

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/15.01/ultraman.html

I think he is utterly insane but id love to have endurance like that guy

clawhammer_33
01-06-2007, 08:12 PM
That is far from the "perfect human".

Max Thunder
01-06-2007, 08:28 PM
What's that endurance for?

I bet he can't squat more than 100 pounds.

Endurance comes as a cost and that marathon-like joints-destroying free-radicals creating endurance doesn't have much benefits, other than the proof that the guy has a strong will and is very perseverant.

That Ultraman is on the road to Ultracancer.

Larry821
01-06-2007, 08:33 PM
I feel sorry for him, he is missing somthing in his life thats for sure. Plus he has won nothing....some of that article is BS.

rugby1001
01-06-2007, 09:18 PM
I feel sorry for him, he is missing somthing in his life thats for sure. Plus he has won nothing....some of that article is BS.
like ur mother right?

Larry821
01-06-2007, 09:24 PM
like ur mother right?She completed 60 marathons in 30 consecutive days, more than one in each of the 50 states.

True story

TTT
01-06-2007, 10:00 PM
I bet he can't squat more than 100 pounds.

Are you kidding? Did you see the pictures of his legs? He's probably better built than 60% of the people on this site.

ArchAngel777
01-06-2007, 11:06 PM
I love the people who think endurance is a simple matter of the will... It isn't. Sure, some of it involves the will, but you are mistaken if you think the difference between you and him is only a "will" of not doing it.

The guy is in great shape. I would be very thrilled to have the level of endurance he possesses. Sure, he may not be the strongest man alive, but who cares? I imagine his is faster and more agile that most people at this site and possess suprior stamina and endurance. Besides, I bet he can squat more than you think. His legs are very muscular.

I am not a fan of marathon runners either, but this guy is more than your typical "I ran 26.2 miles" guy. His body doesn't look too bad either, IMO. Besides, even if I am not a fan of the sport, they are athletes by their own right and is no reason to trash them.

WBBIRL
01-07-2007, 12:33 AM
That guys in better physical condition then most on this site. Granted he may not be stronger, but who knows what he could squat.

I found a STRONG correlation between leg strength and my ability to run. Case in point when I first started football my first 40 yard dash time was around 6.2 at 260 pounds in 9th grade. The very next season I posted a 5.5 at 315 pounds.

The difference? In 9th grade I was "squatting" 315 and in 10th grade I had worked up to 450+. They were high however, probably 3-4 inches high but the same depth irregardless of if it was parallel or not. So that increase in strength did tons for me and I bet this guy out squats half the members of this site.

Physique wise, I'd place him in the top 10% of America as a whole right now.

mikesbytes
01-07-2007, 02:18 AM
There are different types of strengths, clearly all of his strength is in long distance running. A single strength does not make you perfect, just focused in that direction.

The human body can be tuned for whatever you want it to do. If you want the very best in a particular disicpline, then that is your focus.

Altephor
01-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Guy was on Conan a little while ago. He's fairly muscular and in great shape. I wouldn't mind if I looked like him. But, alas, I am not a runner by any means.

crazedwombat
01-25-2007, 12:03 PM

your goals are for you, his goals are for him.

some people think bodybuilding and the strict regimen involved is making those people miss out on something in life 'for sure'. Also, its not always about winning something.

The guy broke from the mold that 98% of the world cant or wont do, for that alone is enough for respect in my eyes. Running is not my sport but I've a great deal of repsect for those that do. My mother and grandfather ran marathons until their knees wasted away. My grandfather ran the iron man triathalon and still runs mini triathalons and 8 miles with the Raven in south beach and he's 74 yrs old. Its what makes them happy, dont **** on their hobbies, you dont see them talking bad about body builders because athletes like that understand the work that's required and the things you have to go through to be happy.