PDA

View Full Version : Girl needs help to lose fat!

NorikoResuka
01-07-2007, 04:09 AM
Hi I am 24 years old. I weigh 127 pounds and I'm 5'4" tall. My bodyfat percentage was tested recently at 26%. I am moderately active and fit... I lift weights from time to time and I'm very strong actually compared to other girls my size. I also dance regularly and do some gymnastics.

I need a diet + workout plan so I can lose this fat! I find it hard to have dramatic gains on the plans I have been using. I haven't paid enough attention to macronutrients, total calories etc., but I want to from this point on. I have a 9-5 type job but I can work out every evening and the weekends if necessary.

The only caveat I have is that I am on a 'macrobiotic' diet meaning I don't eat some animal products. I don't eat beef, pork, dairy products, eggs... I do eat fish and chicken sometimes.

Can anyone recommend a program to me??

Built
01-07-2007, 04:41 AM
Hi there
Can you track your food on fitday? I'd like to see how you're eating now with regard to calories, protein, fat and carb grams.

How often can you lift weights?

mikesbytes
01-07-2007, 06:48 AM
+1 understanding your diet is a good starting point. Log it in fitday and you will learn a lot about your eating habits.

NorikoResuka
01-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Hi there
Can you track your food on fitday? I'd like to see how you're eating now with regard to calories, protein, fat and carb grams.

How often can you lift weights?

OK I tracked a couple days in fitday... I didn't realize I was eating such a large percentage of my calories from carbs... approx. 60% (~180g). Protein was only around 40g per day. Fat was also ~40g. It looks like I eat about 1200-1300 calories a day.

I am able to lift weights every day if necessary, and I already have some experience with free weights and movements like deadlifts, squats, etc.

Built
01-09-2007, 12:23 AM
The percentage isn't a problem - but the grams are. And your calories look far too low.

Your protein should be about a gram per pound LBM (your LBM is just under a hundred pounds), and at least half a gram of fat per pound LBM - so in other words, your fat is fine (could go up a smidge), and your protein needs to go up to at least 100g. I'd suggest raising your calories to 1500 a day for now, see what happens there before any more changes.

Read Baby Got Back - link is in my sig. It's a four-day a week lifting split, and I think you'll like it.

Fuzzy
01-09-2007, 05:03 AM
Think?

Damn right shell like it!

smokinHawk
01-09-2007, 07:27 AM
are you sure you counted your calories right that seems low, or have you just started consuming the 1300 to reduce your intake?

NorikoResuka
01-10-2007, 02:39 AM
1300 is me trying to eat well I guess. I purposely ate sort of the way I thought I should eat from now on... I'm sure some days I have eaten a lot more, at social functions...

Built
01-10-2007, 07:13 PM
180g carb, 40g each protein and fat, about 1250 calories... this is NOT the way you should eat from now on. At your height and weight, I would be surprised if you don't at least drop a little weight at 1500 calories.

How about we start there?

Try this to start with:

LBM = 94 lbs.
Calories: 1500 per day

125g of protein (make sure protein stays higher than 100g a day)
56g of fat (make sure fat stays higher than 50g a day)
125g of carbohydrate (no fixed limit for carbs, just make sure your calories stay within range)

You can fiddle with the relative proportions if you find it more comfortable to, say have more protein and less fat, or more carb and a little less protein.